roboto65

Big Bend
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
I have a question about Sirrus XM and Android auto. I have Sirrus XM included in my BS BB .
My question is is there a way to modify or change a setting that will allow my maps off my Android and the Sirrus XM on the Sync to be on the same screen? Because right now they are 2 different programs and 2 screens. I would like to be able to see my Sirrus and map at the same time.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have a question about Sirrus XM and Android auto. I have Sirrus XM included in my BS BB .
My question is is there a way to modify or change a setting that will allow my maps off my Android and the Sirrus XM on the Sync to be on the same screen? Because right now they are 2 different programs and 2 screens. I would like to be able to see my Sirrus and map at the same time.
According to SiriusXM, there's an app for that.

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/prweb/autoredirect/app/ExternalKM/help/SupportCenter/article/KC-2427/How-do-I-use-SiriusXM-with-Android-Auto?

Bluejaye

Heritage
First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
No, there is not. You can install the app, but then you'll be using cell data to stream (if you care) instead of just the "free" airwaves.

OP
OP
roboto65

roboto65

Big Bend
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
Figured so unless I install Navi I am out of luck.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, there is not. You can install the app, but then you'll be using cell data to stream (if you care) instead of just the "free" airwaves.
But then you would have controls for SiriusXM along with maps on Android Auto, which is what OP asked for. Are you saying the app doesn't work?

Nosmo Rex

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
If you have a paid subscription, you have the free SXM streaming service. I use Waze and SXM streaming (you get all of your SXM channels, plus some streaming only channels) so I have Nav and SXM on the same screen).
Ford Bronco Sport Sirrus XM on Sync and wired Android Auto 20231001_135559

schneid

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
armada
Good catch. Just install as instructed, and it will appear in Android Auto. One caveat is that in AA it will stream via your cellular data rather than by satellite. I also subscribe to the BS built-in hotspot so I am clueless about how that might fit into the mix.

OP
OP
roboto65

roboto65

Big Bend
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
I have Sirrus XM I have had it for a few years and love it. If I use the Sirrus on the Bronco I have 2 screens to go back and forth to for music and Navigation, unless I just use AA and dont use my Broncos Sirrus.

Was just wondering if there was a way to split the screen to have both in view.
It does run in the back ground just have to hit the Ford home button for Sirrus and then Android auto for Navi. And sorry grammar is not my strong point LOL

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have Sirrus XM I have had it for a few years and love it. If I use the Sirrus on the Bronco I have 2 screens to go back and forth to for music and Navigation, unless I just use AA and dont use my Broncos Sirrus.

Was just wondering if there was a way to split the screen to have both in view.
It does run in the back ground just have to hit the Ford home button for Sirrus and then Android auto for Navi. And sorry grammar is not my strong point LOL
Running the native Sirius on your 8”
Display takes up the entire screen and cannot be split with AA or with CarPlay for iPhone users. This Sirius uses the Sirius network of satellites to get the Sirius signal into your radio

as mentioned on an earlier post in this thread, you can run the Sirius App on your phone and have split screen with AA however in that case the Sirius stations are streamed from your phone to the radio. In my opinion, the Sirius App (from the phone) is by far an inferior experience to the features and capabilities built into native Sirius that comes with the BS radio.

And with Ford’s Nav, you can have a screen with Nav taking up 1/2 the screen (is the entire 1/2 of the screen on the left) and on the right you can have 2 (e.g. Sirius music and the phone) each taking 1/2 of the right half of the screen. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

OP
OP
roboto65

roboto65

Big Bend
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
So if I added the Navi module it would be able to split the screen?
I have read on here that the Navigation on the Sync is subpar to a phone Navigation be it Waze or Google.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if I added the Navi module it would be able to split the screen?
Let's clarify: Do you mean a split screen like the latest Android Auto interface?
Ford Bronco Sport Sirrus XM on Sync and wired Android Auto android_auto_spliscreen

If this is what you mean then the answer is yes: If you have Navigation, SYNC's home screen will show both SYNC's map (but not Google maps) and what you are listening to, although I don't believe you get playback controls with SYNC the way you do with Android Auto.
Ford Bronco Sport Sirrus XM on Sync and wired Android Auto image%205

I have read on here that the Navigation on the Sync is subpar to a phone Navigation be it Waze or Google.
It depends on what you mean. Many find the voice-control for Android Assistant more useful and flexible than Ford's SYNC interface. SYNC has a list of commands that must be spoken in a specific way. Android's voice assistant can understand a variety of spoken commands even when you aren't specific. It's not always right, but it doesn't require you use specific words in a specific order like SYNC.

On the other hand, on-board navigation doesn't require a data connection to display maps the way Google maps does. You can download off-line maps to Google maps for times when you do not have a data connection, but you must download them prior to losing your data connection.

Last edited:

Bluejaye

Heritage
First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
But then you would have controls for SiriusXM along with maps on Android Auto, which is what OP asked for. Are you saying the app doesn't work?
I'm not saying that at all, and it isn't what the OP asked. The OP asked if there was a SETTING to get it to work they way they wanted. I made no inference that the stated alternative solution didn't work, I merely cautioned them that they would be using their cell data.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not saying that at all, and it isn't what the OP asked. The OP asked if there was a SETTING to get it to work they way they wanted. I made no inference that the stated alternative solution didn't work, I merely cautioned them that they would be using their cell data.
Ahh. I get it, you were responding to OP, not to my post. You mentioned the app, which is what my post was about, so I got confused--sorry!

OP
OP
roboto65

roboto65

Big Bend
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
Yes I want split screen so I could see my Navigation and Sirius at the same time. Also would not have to plug my phone in.
Sponsored