Sirius XM Spamming

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
After delivery of my BS a few months ago I've been getting non stop calls from Sirus XM Radio every day. I've ignored it for months but I decided to pick up for the first time today to see if it was an automated message. Surprisingly it was a real person, looking to send me a 35+ dollar bill to lock me into a promotion to keep my Sirus XM for 6 more months.

I don't even use the crappy service, and they got my phone number and address from Ford when I custom ordered my car.

Anyone else experience this after their custom order? It's so off-putting that they start with.. I'll send you a bill to lock you in. Ugh no thanks..... and I have a feeling they'll send me the bill anyways because they already have my home address, from Ford... I never even activated the service to my recollection.
Sponsored

Jon Bro

They have your info from the Ford dealership. I also get non stop calls from them but I gave the dealership, and any dealership for that matter, my work phone number. They can spam that line all the want. You can also block the number on your phone.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
After delivery of my BS a few months ago I've been getting non stop calls from Sirus XM Radio every day. I've ignored it for months but I decided to pick up for the first time today to see if it was an automated message. Surprisingly it was a real person, looking to send me a 35+ dollar bill to lock me into a promotion to keep my Sirus XM for 6 more months.

I don't even use the crappy service, and they got my phone number and address from Ford when I custom ordered my car.

Anyone else experience this after their custom order? It's so off-putting that they start with.. I'll send you a bill to lock you in. Ugh no thanks..... and I have a feeling they'll send me the bill anyways because they already have my home address, from Ford... I never even activated the service to my recollection.
The service is activated by the Ford dealership after they receive it and prep it for final delivery.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'll be the odd man out.

I tried the 6 months free Sirius service and liked it a lot. I could get the music I like anytime I wanted. So when the 6 months was up, they didn't call me, but I went online to their website and signed up for it. It costs a little over $16.00/month with tax and I feel that's a bargain.

I also have a couple of echo dot devices in my house and I stream Sirius into them all day every day.

And Sirius has never called me once.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'll be the odd man out.

I tried the 6 months free Sirius service and liked it a lot. I could get the music I like anytime I wanted. So when the 6 months was up, they didn't call me, but I went online to their website and signed up for it. It costs a little over $16.00/month with tax and I feel that's a bargain.

I also have a couple of echo dot devices in my house and I stream Sirius into them all day every day.

And Sirius has never called me once.
We prepaid for three years at a steep discount for the wife (there are a couple of talk shows she listens to regularly); she loves it. I like podcasts and music, and we already have a subscription for YouTube premium, so Sirius XM didn’t really offer anything for me. Bit rate on Sirius music is rather low (or it used to be) which is another strike against for me.

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Jeep Gladiator
I listen to Sirius stations about 95 % of the time. If you insist on it, you can get a $5 a month deal.
THIS...... Keep telling them that you can't afford their prices and keep telling them no until they get to their final offer of about $5.00 a month, before taxes and fees. I have NEVER had them call me, only mail correspondence. Guess I must be lucky! If I get close to the end time of a subscription, then I call them and tell them I want to disconnect and then the negotiation begins. Never take their first offer, or even second for that matter, unless you want to pay more!

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ford needs to end their relationship with Sirius XM. It is much more a negative than a positive.
• the sound is terrible, so many think their new cars sound system is bad
• you have CarPlay, so it is useless
• the price is higher than competitors that are better
• as the OP already stated, the company is annoying to the point I would label them as predatory
• they are not liked despite the customers age or gender
• if someone does like it, then the work you have to go thru to continue your subscription at the best price will cure you of that quickly

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
THIS...... Keep telling them that you can't afford their prices and keep telling them no until they get to their final offer of about $5.00 a month, before taxes and fees. I have NEVER had them call me, only mail correspondence. Guess I must be lucky! If I get close to the end time of a subscription, then I call them and tell them I want to disconnect and then the negotiation begins. Never take their first offer, or even second for that matter, unless you want to pay more!
I had XM long ago and kept services as part of my vehicles for many years until they started the $5 crap. Gave me loyalty rates (mind you, they offer it to anyone...and if you don't pay attention, it quickly jumped to $28 a month. ) Once I cancelled they insisted I would lock on $5 for six months. I said guarantee $5 lifetime...I've been a customer for a very long time. Nope couldn't do it. Bye. Switched to Spotify at the request of my kids...never looked back. Screw XM and their games.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I tried satellite radio when I was in places with no cell service. In Washington State, however, there's also lots of trees there as well. so spotty satellite service. The juice isn't worth the squeeze. No phone calls from them though.
Sponsored