Brentda

Big Bend
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So, I have had my 22 Big Bend for about 4 weeks and 650ish miles. Love most things about it but let’s talk seat comfort. I have the heated power seats and it seems the bottom is, well, not comfortable to the bottom😁. The foam seems thin,harder than it should be, and a little unforgiving. My wife’s 17 explorer XLT was the same and eventually we ended up putting a memory foam pad between the factory cushion and the cover. Anyone else feel this way? Other than the seat material and colors any difference in the OB and Badlands cushioning? Solution? Thanks for the input!
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I saw someone on here put some spacers under the seat tracks at the front to tilt the bottom of the seat. That might be something to try before tearing the cover off.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
So, I have had my 22 Big Bend for about 4 weeks and 650ish miles. Love most things about it but let’s talk seat comfort. I have the heated power seats and it seems the bottom is, well, not comfortable to the bottom😁. The foam seems thin,harder than it should be, and a little unforgiving. My wife’s 17 explorer XLT was the same and eventually we ended up putting a memory foam pad between the factory cushion and the cover. Anyone else feel this way? Other than the seat material and colors any difference in the OB and Badlands cushioning? Solution? Thanks for the input!
Hi there, Brent! Can you send us a DM with more information? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. Thanks!

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Yeah.... going over some very rough road the other day I noticed that I seemed to bottom out on the seat a bit...
I just came from an Edge, and yeah it's not as comfortable.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I've had my badlands for a year. I'm 6' and 240 lifting weights six days a week. I've had no issues with seats they are far more comfortable than the dodge vehicles I've had for the last 20 years.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I think the seats in our Badlands are great. We've done 600 and 1600 mile trips.
At the Off Rodeo the Badlands I drove showed the seats can handle rough terrain.

5'8" 185lbs

Last edited:

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Sport
The seats are definitely not made for taller and/or bigger people. I’m 6’1 245 and they are not wide enough, have zero bolstering, not anywhere close to deep enough, and have very rounded front corners. I feel like I’m sitting on a round bar stool while driving.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
I wonder if the BL seats are different padding than the BB seats.. Hmm..
For most normal driving mine are fine, but it's just going over railroad tracks and on bumpy dirt roads I bottom out and feel it.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
The seats are definitely not made for taller and/or bigger people. I’m 6’1 245 and they are not wide enough, have zero bolstering, not anywhere close to deep enough, and have very rounded front corners. I feel like I’m sitting on a round bar stool while driving.
I'm 6'2" - 215 pounds and love the seats. This topic is very subjective.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm 5' 8" and find the seats perfect as does my 5' 2" wife.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Makes me wonder if it's my seat that might be the issue if so many others are perfectly fine with them...

Area51Badlands024

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F150, F250
The seat are bad not so much padding but support and size. I’m 6’4” 220lb and they don’t support thighs enough. I did do the desert does it seAt spacer I read about on this forum and it does improve it a lot. The seats in my 2004 f150 and 1995 f150 were way more comfortable. Heck my 99 explorer was better.

BroncoStar

Big Bend
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yes..kind of agree as my driver seat padding is some kind of un even ..i saw underneath of the seat and noted theres like a support bar toward the front of the seat leaving the rear of the cushion with sort of lack of support or making the pad unconfortable...geeshh that the one thing make me unhappy!!! and it trigger the idea of trade or live with it🤔

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Sport
I'm 5' 8" and find the seats perfect as does my 5' 2" wife.
My 5’4 wife loves them as well. It seems they just aren’t as universal as most other seats. Honda, Hyundai, Kia, etc. all work for me.
Sponsored