Texbucky

Big Bend
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi I purchased a Bronco Sport Big Bend. Super happy with it so far. Question. I noticed that the rear seat backs are not rubberized only the floor and the flat part of the cargo...is that in all. the models? Can I purchase them aftermarket?

Thank you!
I picked up my BB on 5/10 and the dealer had installed the rubber seat backs for me. So happy with them and the rubber cargo mat. My dogs are like oinker dogs, so it saves me a lot of headache. :p
Sponsored

Reactions: she

ChrisCango

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hello everyone, I just got an Area 51 big bend on wed. And I’m loving it . Can someone post a picture of the rubber seat backs after install? Having a little trouble with them and I’m not sure they sent me all of them . Thank you!

zacman777

Big Bend
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Does anyone know if you can order these after market? I thought you could because my 2022 Big Bend didn't come with them but has the buttons to snap in. The guy at my dealership is saying that he can't locate them to order. Does anyone have any info on this??

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Hello everyone, I just got an Area 51 big bend on wed. And I’m loving it . Can someone post a picture of the rubber seat backs after install? Having a little trouble with them and I’m not sure they sent me all of them . Thank you!
Sorry the pic is a little dark, I just went out & took the pic.

Ford Bronco Sport Rubberized seat backs 100_1839.JPG

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
I didn't realize these were snapped on until recently when a slight rattle developed in the luggage compartment. The only snaps holding them in place were along the top. It was a pain to get them all snapped back into place...in fact I had to use a soft-blow hammer to tap the last one in place on the driver's side. It was cold out so I imagine it would be easier when warmer. Sounds like this is something the installers need to pay closer attention to.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I didn't realize these were snapped on until recently when a slight rattle developed in the luggage compartment. The only snaps holding them in place were along the top. It was a pain to get them all snapped back into place...in fact I had to use a soft-blow hammer to tap the last one in place on the driver's side. It was cold out so I imagine it would be easier when warmer. Sounds like this is something the installers need to pay closer attention to.
It's common -- very hard to get ALL of the snaps snapped! I'm suspicious they might be coming unsnapped on their own from time-to-time as well, they're stiff but also under a lot of tension.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Does anyone know if you can order these after market? I thought you could because my 2022 Big Bend didn't come with them but has the buttons to snap in. The guy at my dealership is saying that he can't locate them to order. Does anyone have any info on this??
If you don't have them already, you also won't have the snaps mounted in the exact spots needed across your rear setbacks to accept these. Will require good technique to install all of those accurately first, presuming they are included.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
It's common -- very hard to get ALL of the snaps snapped! I'm suspicious they might be coming unsnapped on their own from time-to-time as well, they're stiff but also under a lot of tension.
I had the same thought - maybe the below zero weather caused them to pull apart. I know for a fact they are snapped now so time will tell.

Also, We haven't slid anything large into the cargo area with the seats folded, but I can see where if not careful, a lip could get snagged and cause it to come unsnapped.

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It was tough to snap everyone on but I manage to do it. I figured maybe because it was the cold winter weather that caused the plastic to shrink but now I'm thinking it is just the weird snap design that does not allow for error. All the buttons were in proximity to where it needed to be but was just very hard to push them down.

Deleted member 6568

It took longer than I anticipated but they do fit. Take your time with the difficult ones and be patient.
Ford Bronco Sport Rubberized seat backs IMG_6579

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I haul a Terra Trike Rambler All Terrain in the back of my base model.
It just fits with the back tire and wheel sticking just over my center console, I can only open the lid part way.
I come off the two track trails sometimes with one wet muddy trike.
Don’t want my base seat back dirty so I have a very sturdy rather thick plastic tarp all folded to cover up everything.
It cost me 12 bucks at Wally World, covers everything nicely.
Tarp then trike then I fold the back longer flap that protects the bumper in and close the back hatch. All my sometimes muddy shoes and wet clothes get piled in under the trike.
I get home trike and tarp come out and I hose of the tarp, hang it to dry.
Then in goes my padded moving blanket. It stays in the Bronco, seat backs up.
No mess in my BS at all.
The coolest part. That folded into a quarter size padded moving blanket further quiets down the road noise. My B S base sounds like a Cadillac going down the highway.
:,P

Last edited:

JRM

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, C5 Corvette, 08 Harley Softail
I have a 2022 Big Bend which didn't come with the rubberized seat backs. There appear to be snaps on the seat backs, but they're surrounded with black plastic rings, making them almost flush. I ordered/received the new rubberized pieces, but they don't look like they perfectly match the snaps on the seats. I don't want to break anything. Any advice from someone who's done it would be much appreciated.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
I have a 2022 Big Bend which didn't come with the rubberized seat backs. There appear to be snaps on the seat backs, but they're surrounded with black plastic rings, making them almost flush. I ordered/received the new rubberized pieces, but they don't look like they perfectly match the snaps on the seats. I don't want to break anything. Any advice from someone who's done it would be much appreciated.
It takes a fair amount of pressure to get the snaps in place. I folded the seats down so I could exert downward pressure with my thumbs. I think the plastic surrounds are supposed to act like keepers to help retain the snaps but they make it a bit more difficult to install.

My best advice is to warm the rubberized backing so it's more flexible, i.e. lay in the sun or keep indoors overnight, etc.

Reactions: JRM

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Any advice from someone who's done it would be much appreciated.
PA is cold this time of year, and that's not gonna help you. Take the seat backs indoors and put them near a heat source. Once they're warmed up they'll be a lot easier to stretch.
Sponsored