Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Audi RS5, Ford F-250
Has anyone anywhere that installed this lift and has the “clunking“ noise in the front, figured out the problem? Or heard from RC about it?? I have emailed several times, and sent text but have not heard a word. I’m pissed that I had this put on my BN vehicle and Had it torn apart. Now, if it does not work out, what about the cutting that was involved to make the new parts work? Will the stock parts work where needed after the mods? Just pisses me off That I jumped on a Rough Country product. Seems it came out before the Bronco. Wondering if they rush developed based off of the Escape??

Hope I’m not jumping the gun here. I have an appointment Wednesday again with my shop who claimes they have a fix.
if not, it’s gonna have to go back to stock.

Stay tune!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone anywhere that installed this lift and has the “clunking“ noise in the front, figured out the problem? Or heard from RC about it?? I have emailed several times, and sent text but have not heard a word. I’m pissed that I had this put on my BN vehicle and Had it torn apart. Now, if it does not work out, what about the cutting that was involved to make the new parts work? Will the stock parts work where needed after the mods? Just pisses me off That I jumped on a Rough Country product. Seems it came out before the Bronco. Wondering if they rush developed based off of the Escape??

Hope I’m not jumping the gun here. I have an appointment Wednesday again with my shop who claimes they have a fix.
if not, it’s gonna have to go back to stock. I can’t imagine anyone willing to just live with the noise!?

Stay tune!!

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
What I would want to install on my BS, OB , is some configuration of what the BL has , as far as difference in Suspension System, would probably be more expensive then Spacers , by probably quite a bit , but would at least keep the geometry of the Suspension & also a better ride . I'm also sure at some point , the after market will come up with it. Maybe even Ford ?

MRanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend

if not, it’s gonna have to go back to stock.

Stay tune!!
I just posted about my 1.5” lift and first off-road with it. It’s the front sway bar link bolts coming loose. You need to get nylon lock nuts and use some loctite as well. 100% that’sit! Take a 15mm socket and see if they’re loose. You don’t need to remove the wheels, just turn them to allow clearance.

OP
OP

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just posted about my 1.5” lift and first off-road with it. It’s the front sway bar link bolts coming loose. You need to get nylon lock nuts and use some loctite as well. 100% that’sit! Take a 15mm socket and see if they’re loose. You don’t need to remove the wheels, just turn them to allow clearance.
Hi,

All still holding Tight?

Thanks,
Bob

BroncoSportBB_Socal

Big Bend
First Name
Mace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So replace that nut with a nylon nut correct?

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country 1.5” lift???? 16146125319632101596230902628077

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
I checked those nuts to the sway bar link on mine, and they weren’t loose at all. I got the kit installed a couple weeks ago now with roughly 1,000 miles so I would assume they would have come loose if that were my case. I could be wrong but it sounds like the clunking I’m hearing is coming from the top of the strut near the spacer. Much like other people, I’m still waiting for RC to contact me back.

MRanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
So replace that nut with a nylon nut correct?

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country 1.5” lift???? 16146125319632101596230902628077
That’s the one! Mine came loose at the drop down bracket. If you notice the OEM links use tall nylon lock nuts, not standard flange nuts like the kit comes with.

MRanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
I checked those nuts to the sway bar link on mine, and they weren’t loose at all. I got the kit installed a couple weeks ago now with roughly 1,000 miles so I would assume they would have come loose if that were my case. I could be wrong but it sounds like the clunking I’m hearing is coming from the top of the strut near the spacer. Much like other people, I’m still waiting for RC to contact me back.
All the tools you need for the kit are simple socket tools, maybe you can run through all the bolts and check which are loose. The sway bar links are also connected to the drop down bracket, there’sa lot of bolts to come loose.
when does the clunk happen, can you describe what your driving over to make it clunk?

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
All the tools you need for the kit are simple socket tools, maybe you can run through all the bolts and check which are loose. The sway bar links are also connected to the drop down bracket, there’sa lot of bolts to come loose.
when does the clunk happen, can you describe what your driving over to make it clunk?
I’ll definitely go back and check everything over again. I only hear it when I hit a bump, or a large pothole. I know the object is to avoid potholes, but I live in the middle of the city, and coming out of winter the streets are just a mess. It sounds like it’s coming more from the top of the strut though. ? maybe I’m just being paranoid!
It handles fine! It’s literally just the noise. Lol

DSM

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hi,

All still holding Tight?

Thanks,
Bob
I have little information, can anybody tell me what the nylon lock nut and thread size would be?

Last edited:

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
My end link bracket snapped off. I recommend taking their end links off and just using the ones from ford

Dapple

Big Bend
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Had my RC lift installed about 4,000 miles ago along with Falken 245/65/17 tires. It looks so good but I just had to take her to the shop today for these same knocking issues everyone is talking about. I was worried about putting the kit on because of this but I wanted it so bad. I don't off-road and pretty much drive only highway. I will update about what they figure out.
Sponsored