Remove entire rear seat? (Bottom + Upright)

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cougar, 2009 Edge Recently Totalled
I removed only the 60% side. The frame for the seat is the perfect size and tie down for a 40L fridge.

Ford Bronco Sport Remove entire rear seat? (Bottom + Upright) 1.JPG
Ive considered cutting the frame between the 40% and 60% sections... Since there are separate bolt down to the floor for each section... I believe the strength would still be there... Just no going back... Always can buy another frame i guess...
Sponsored

Chook

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
For me, there just wasn't enough storage space that I'd get back by removing the bars. And why I thought - I'll just use them and mount my fridge to it which keeps it out of the back, where I initially had it.

Chook

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive considered cutting the frame between the 40% and 60% sections... Since there are separate bolt down to the floor for each section... I believe the strength would still be there... Just no going back... Always can buy another frame i guess...
For me, there just wasn't enough storage space that I'd get back by removing the bars. And why I thought - I'll just use them and mount my fridge to it which keeps it out of the back, where I initially had it, ultimately saving some space. :)

Chook

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did you do with the metal rod that went between the 40% & 60% back rest sections?
The metal bar or 'pin' is attached to the 60% seat and came out with the seat back. I'm going to get a large carriage bolt to put back in the hole which will help keep the 40% seat in place. If that makes sense.

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The metal bar or 'pin' is attached to the 60% seat and came out with the seat back. I'm going to get a large carriage bolt to put back in the hole which will help keep the 40% seat in place. If that makes sense.
Yes it does... I was so happy when i got everything removed that i haven't got around to looking at it more.

I was curious if there are any standard seats that i could quickly take in and out ... That would be my preference

Chook

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it does... I was so happy when i got everything removed that i haven't got around to looking at it more.

I was curious if there are any standard seats that i could quickly take in and out ... That would be my preference
Not sure about what other kind of seats would fit. Are you still planning on taking out the black bar/frame?

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure about what other kind of seats would fit. Are you still planning on taking out the black bar/frame?
I took it out a month ago...

rdxland

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS Badlands
Thanks to everyone! Looks like there is not enough room to do what i was thinking....Jumper cables, or other such stuff....

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
After reading this, I would go the route of renting a U-Haul, as our 3 cylinder marvels can only tow about 2000 pounds, and the amount of time to take out the entire rear seat looks to be not worth the effort.

But a large kudos to all of you who stuck with it!
Sponsored