thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
One of my rear floodlamp lens assemblies popped out. Anyone know how to remove the inside lift gate panel to repair my floodlamp?
Ford Bronco Sport Rear Floodlamp Popped Out 2F9FA5A4-08D4-4AF2-9758-4A4813A8736F
Ford Bronco Sport Rear Floodlamp Popped Out 65321420-D9F4-4567-851D-932BCA999AC5
Sponsored

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
Interesting.. what's it look like out? It's wired in isn't it? Wonder if it's possible to put in brighter lights?

OP
OP
thomasm23

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
How did that happen 🤔
When the lift gate was closed, the floodlamp lens came in contact with an item sitting in the rear area. This pushed the lens assembly into the lift gate. I need to remove the interior panel to access the lens assembly.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I didn't knows those were called flood lamps?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
One of my rear floodlamp lens assemblies popped out. Anyone know how to remove the inside lift gate panel to repair my floodlamp?
Ford Bronco Sport Rear Floodlamp Popped Out 2F9FA5A4-08D4-4AF2-9758-4A4813A8736F
Ford Bronco Sport Rear Floodlamp Popped Out 65321420-D9F4-4567-851D-932BCA999AC5
Hi there, Tom! Please send a private message to us with your VIN and the name & location of your Ford dealership, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thank you!

Emora30

Big Bend
First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi there, Tom! Please send a private message to us with your VIN and the name & location of your Ford dealership, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thank you!

Mine did this the other day and it sounded like an acorn was rattling around in there. I was able to get it back in place but there is still a rattle in the life gate.
What ended up happening with your floodlight?

Emora30

Big Bend
First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When the lift gate was closed, the floodlamp lens came in contact with an item sitting in the rear area. This pushed the lens assembly into the lift gate. I need to remove the interior panel to access the lens assembly.

Were you able to fix it? I took mine to the dealership and they said the panel clip that holds the light broke. So they would have to replace the entire panel but charge me $580.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
I thought the floodlights were a gimmick at first, but we used em on a camping trip, I was shocked how helpful they were, set the whole tent up using just them for light.

JohnB

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine popped out and was rattling around, I was able to fix it based on the info in this thread. I should mention the Ford engineers did a horrible job of design here. The lights are simply friction fit in the socket and the location is where you normally haul golf clubs, groceries, etc so its and accident waiting to happen. Then they say YOU broke it so no warranty and 600 bucks to fix. Second, I noticed how cheaply built the light parts are. And the panels and flimsy so be very gentle and deliberate. Order a panel tool from Amazon. Use the link to JC Offroads above to watch how to remove the tailgate panel. You wont need to remove the entire thing, just the lower half to access the spotlight. Once in there you should see your light hanging around so just work it back in the opening and then clip everything back in place. It took maybe 30 minutes. So when Ford dealer charges people 600 dollars it is to replace a 39 cent part and 30 minutes of labor. Nice profit margin Ford. There needs to be a cover over the light so when something bumps it won't pop out. Never had this issue with any of the Honda SUVs I owned.

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
Ford Bronco Sport Rear Floodlamp Popped Out IMG_4083

Hmm, I hate to junk up the car but I wonder if the right version of something like this over the light is worth considering to avoid that trouble and expense.

JohnB

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
SeaJay - It would, but may also cause the spotlight to have a shadow. Maybe some sort of clear plastic cover that would double-side tape on.
Sponsored