FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Just curious how you know what gear you are in? Are you just keeping track of the shifts?
for me its all the gears between 0-50 km/hr (0-35 mph) in Normal shift mode
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Has anyone taken it in for this sound and actually had a resolution?
I've taken mine in. I described the sound as a shovel dragging on concrete. That was the best description I could think of. For me, it mostly happens downshifting to 3rd gear.

My car was at the dealer for about 2 weeks and they returned it and said, "that's how the transmission sounds". At least they didn't charge me for their time.
This sounds like no transmission I've ever heard before, so If someone actually has a diagnosis, I'd love to hear it.
Hi there! I can look into the transmission concern you're experiencing with your Bronco. Will you send us a message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer?

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi there! I can look into the transmission concern you're experiencing with your Bronco. Will you send us a message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer?
Hi there. I gave my info yesterday to another Ford person and they said because it’s in Canada to contact them, so I did but they said just to go to the dealer so not sure why giving the vehicle info on here helps ?

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
any results at the dealer?

Same noise and same symptoms. I have an appointment on Friday at the dealer. I'll let you know what happens.

Bdud

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
No. They said they didn't hear any grinding noise. I didn't have time to argue since the dealer was closing and I really needed the vehicle over the weekend. I guess everyone's advice to request a ride along with a tech was absolutely necessary. I'm not done yet though. I have another appointment on Thursday to get a hitch installed and I have a video that I took where you can clearly hear the grinding noise that I plan on showing them.

What date was your bs manufactured? Mine was in December.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Its a pretty common thread, usually low gear 15ish mph, real prominent in parking lots, I dont think anyone has gotten a resolution. Doesnt seem to affect drivability mpg etc so...just waiting till someone says they found something

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
No. They said they didn't hear any grinding noise. I didn't have time to argue since the dealer was closing and I really needed the vehicle over the weekend. I guess everyone's advice to request a ride along with a tech was absolutely necessary. I'm not done yet though. I have another appointment on Thursday to get a hitch installed and I have a video that I took where you can clearly hear the grinding noise that I plan on showing them.

I’ll check my date of Manufacture. It’s a 2022 model, but date built I’ll take a look Is yours a 2021?
Ya. I get that rattle/clicking noise anytime it gets around 1500- 1700 rpm during shifts between 0-50 km/hr. It goes to the dealer next Wednesday for first oil Change and I’m leaving it there for them to check that noise. I had my sound clamp sensor on the park release cable and I took for a test drive & it was pretty loud from that but I’ll see what the technician says before I go changing that cable out.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
FWIW, at 17,000 miles mine doesn't do it as much anymore. Had it at the dealer and I couldn't reproduce it on a ride along, they never heard it either. I tried disconnecting the manual park release cable (very easy to do with no tools) and it made no difference. They did hear the hissing noise mentioned in the same TSB and concluded it was normal since other new BL models on the lot sounded the same.

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
FWIW, at 17,000 miles mine doesn't do it as much anymore. Had it at the dealer and I couldn't reproduce it on a ride along, they never heard it either. I tried disconnecting the manual park release cable (very easy to do with no tools) and it made no difference. They did hear the hissing noise mentioned in the same TSB and concluded it was normal since other new BL models on the lot sounded the same.
For me it’s that rattle you can hear during the up shifts and downshifts in that driver front area If they don’t know, then I’m gonna get that alternate part number from Ford for the shifter cable that isn’t supposed to rattle and grind

Bdud

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
For me it’s that rattle you can hear during the up shifts and downshifts in that driver front area If they don’t know, then I’m gonna get that alternate part number from Ford for the shifter cable that isn’t supposed to rattle and grind
Let me know how that turns out if you do.

I played my video for the service guy today. He seemed way nicer than the last service guy I talked too. Hopefully the hitch doesn't take long to get installed so they have time to look into it today.

I'll let you know how it goes.

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Same noise and same symptoms. I have an appointment on Friday at the dealer. I'll let you know what happens.
Any results?

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

Mine was Jan 17/2022. Any progress on the noise lately?

Dave

Big Bend
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi there. I gave my info yesterday to another Ford person and they said because it’s in Canada to contact them, so I did but they said just to go to the dealer so not sure why giving the vehicle info on here helps ?
Did you start a case with Ford? It's the best thing I could have done. The dealer and crew kept my Bronco Sport for several days and finally heard the rattle/grind (and no, it was NOT normal engine sound). They determined it was a defective transmission so they ordered a new one and it's getting replaced this week. I'm hoping that's the problem. We'll see.

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Did you start a case with Ford? It's the best thing I could have done. The dealer and crew kept my Bronco Sport for several days and finally heard the rattle/grind (and no, it was NOT normal engine sound). They determined it was a defective transmission so they ordered a new one and it's getting replaced this week. I'm hoping that's the problem. We'll see.
I may do that. I thought about trying one more time at a different ford dealer in the city I’m in before starting a case.
I wonder how you actually start a case. When I have called ford , they always direct you to the dealer. Is there a code word. Haha
Sponsored