Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Mabett LED Grill Lights for Ford... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BW52Y7K2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Shout out to @JohnSilver for the guidance. Dremeled out the grill little by little til the lights slipped in and applied permatex adhesive/sealant. I
used painters tape and a tape measure to make the template and make sure everything was as even as I could get it. @JohnSilver recommended going as flush as possible to the top of grill, which was helpful in keeping the lights level.
These specific lights are meant for the big bronco and to be ran to the engine bay fuse box. I routed them through the firewall to the interior fuse box in the #3 slot. (Bottom of #3 fuse slot is the 12v side, which is important to know when installing the supplied fuse tap)
Now here’s the one issue, the supplied wires are about 1” too short to reach fuse #3 unless it’s pulled pretty tight. So here soon I’ll have to solder in extra wire so it’s not such a tight fit. Also finding a ground in the fuse box with the minimal wire to work with was a challenge.
im not super knowledgeable on vehicles, every project is a lot of trial and error so idk how much I’d trust anything I'm even sharing here but finding sources on putting raptor lights on a big bend grill was few and far between so figured I’d throw this out there 👍

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend IMG_3528

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend IMG_3529

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend IMG_3533

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend IMG_3535

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend IMG_3536

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend IMG_3537

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend IMG_3538

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend IMG_3539

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend IMG_3540

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend IMG_3544

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend IMG_3548

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend IMG_3561

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend IMG_3545
Sponsored

Last edited:

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
Mabett LED Grill Lights for Ford... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BW52Y7K2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Shout out to @JohnSilver for the guidance. Dremeled out the grill little by little til the lights slipped in and applied permatex adhesive/sealant. I
used painters tape and a tape measure to make the template and make sure everything was as even as I could get it. @JohnSilver recommended going as flush as possible to the top of grill, which was helpful in keeping the lights level.
These specific lights are meant for the big bronco and to be ran to the engine bay fuse box. I routed them through the firewall to the interior fuse box in the #3 slot. (Bottom of #3 fuse slot is the 12v side, which is important to know when installing the supplied fuse tap)
Now here’s the one issue, the supplied wires are about 1” too short to reach fuse #3 unless it’s pulled pretty tight. So here soon I’ll have to solder in extra wire so it’s not such a tight fit. Also finding a ground in the fuse box with the minimal wire to work with was a challenge.
im not super knowledgeable on vehicles, every project is a lot of trial and error so idk how much I’d trust anything I'm even sharing here but finding sources on putting raptor lights on a big bend grill was few and far between so figured I’d throw this out there 👍

View attachment 45012

View attachment 45014

View attachment 45021

View attachment 45022

Looks great! You install the RC nudge bar?

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Looks great! You install the RC nudge bar?
Thanks man! Was extremely anxious about potentially destroying the grill but just dremeled, tried to fit the light, repeat, until it finally clicked in haha.
And yeah I installed it last year! Forced myself to learn how cause I’m to broke to pay someone else to do it 😂

Ryno-ky

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks/ 2019 Ranger 4x4 Lar

View attachment 45012

View attachment 45014

View attachment 45021

View attachment 45022

Good Job!! I love DIY stuff that turns out

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Great job. The more you do DIY, the more you'll be able to. If you're like me, you'll screw up something eventually, but even if you'd had to replace the grill it would probably have cost less than paying someone to install the lights. I do like the way it looks. It makes your vehicle identifiable.

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Great job. The more you do DIY, the more you'll be able to. If you're like me, you'll screw up something eventually, but even if you'd had to replace the grill it would probably have cost less than paying someone to install the lights. I do like the way it looks. It makes your vehicle identifiable.
It really is a kind of silver lining to not having an exorbitant amount of money, I’ve learned almost all of the diy skill I have, which is not much, because I had no other options. I appreciate the kind words!

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I really like raptor style grill lights, but my OCD couldn’t deal with being off center. They do line up with the lower pods so that helps 👍🏻
Hahaha I get it! When I put the templates at center of the outside grills it just looked too far apart for me so I brought them closer to the center light and said good enough 😂

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nudge bar lights look great.
For me, not a fan of Raptor lights unless they are on a Raptor.

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Nudge bar lights look great.
For me, not a fan of Raptor lights unless they are on a Raptor.
I totally get it. They are a little cringe when u realize the actual purpose of these lights but for whatever reason seeing some of the builds on here got me into wanting to do them more and more. Figured screw it im going for it haha

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I totally get it. They are a little cringe when u realize the actual purpose of these lights but for whatever reason seeing some of the builds on here got me into wanting to do them more and more. Figured screw it im going for it haha
Your ride, your choice. No problem with that.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Hahaha I get it! When I put the templates at center of the outside grills it just looked too far apart for me so I brought them closer to the center light and said good enough 😂
Agree, when I did my OBX, I debated whether or not to center in outside grill slot. I did that but think when they are on they are to far apart. Looks good though when off.
if I get another BS, I’ll do them like yours.
Ford Bronco Sport Raptor Lights installed on Big Bend 1706484643608

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Agree, when I did my OBX, I debated whether or not to center in outside grill slot. I did that but think when they are on they are to far apart. Looks good though when off.
God I love the front end of these sports. That looks great man! I think some of why it feels too far apart is the two outside slots are wider by I think an inch or two. Don’t quote me on that but when I was measuring things out for my template I noticed they were definitely wider

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition
They’re next on my list and hope they’ll fit into the BL/FE grill cutouts. Kudos to you for dremeling
The layout is perfect; centered and lines up with the lettering and lower vent section. 🙌🏼
Sponsored