Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I really want to get my BS Badlands to look more mean, and i really like how the amber raptor grille lights look. I’ve noticed the BS has the little ovals as holes in the front grille so maybe that’s where they could be mounted? I also know tacoma’s have an aftermarket accessory fitted for their grille so that’s what got me interested.

Anybody have any ideas on diy-ing raptor style grille lights for the BS? Would I have to potentially wait for aftermarket to come out with it? Should i find a manufacturer to custom fit?

I haven’t really done any mods to my previous car except for a roof basket so kind of new to the aftermarket / fabrication world.
Sponsored

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Someone on the Facebook group today mentioned an idea that aftermarket should offer an option for the Bronco lettering on the grille to be LED lit. Thought it was a really cool idea. Would certainly make me less salty about not getting the signature halo on the main headlights with the lower trim BB. At $1300 per headlight to make the swap, I’ll be watching aftermarket heavily for other possibility

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Any idea how these get wired in? Are they all just daisy chained off that one cable?
Looks like 4 lights with 4 wire connectors and bare wires on the other ends. So you need to run them through a switch and pick up power from somewhere depending on when you want them lit. I'd like to wire something to the headlight assembly myself, but there's an intimidating 20 pin connector on each, and no provided schematic. Not like the old days of six bulbs and twelve wires out there.

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Looks like 4 lights with 4 wire connectors and bare wires on the other ends. So you need to run them through a switch and pick up power from somewhere depending on when you want them lit. I'd like to wire something to the headlight assembly myself, but there's an intimidating 20 pin connector on each, and no provided schematic. Not like the old days of six bulbs and twelve wires out there.
Lol no kidding, every mod I've done to my Bronco that involves the electrical system, I felt like those guys diffusing bombs in the movie THE HURT LOCKER. Got a wire, got many!

Last edited:

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Someone on the Facebook group today mentioned an idea that aftermarket should offer an option for the Bronco lettering on the grille to be LED lit. Thought it was a really cool idea. Would certainly make me less salty about not getting the signature halo on the main headlights with the lower trim BB. At $1300 per headlight to make the swap, I’ll be watching aftermarket heavily for other possibility
Huh, you don't?
I guess I shouldn't tell you about the LED headlamps with the "halo" on the Canadian spec BB then, right?

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
I really want to get my BS Badlands to look more mean, and i really like how the amber raptor grille lights look. I’ve noticed the BS has the little ovals as holes in the front grille so maybe that’s where they could be mounted? I also know tacoma’s have an aftermarket accessory fitted for their grille so that’s what got me interested.

Anybody have any ideas on diy-ing raptor style grille lights for the BS? Would I have to potentially wait for aftermarket to come out with it? Should i find a manufacturer to custom fit?

I haven’t really done any mods to my previous car except for a roof basket so kind of new to the aftermarket / fabrication world.
This amber light project is staged and not permanently mounted as I'm still deciding. The LEDs are sold by www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-light-modules/flexible-led-accent-light-module/832/2071/

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grille light ideas? IMG_20210603_183755518

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grille light ideas? timthumb

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Huh, you don't?
I guess I shouldn't tell you about the LED headlamps with the "halo" on the Canadian spec BB then, right?
Funny enough, I learned about those shortly after my original post. Even better though, is after my second delay, I decided I had saved enough & upgraded to an OB anyway. Took delivery in June.
Sponsored