fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
The auto feature has to be turned on for the auto wipers to work , as stated & my wife likes the feature on our OB & also even though we are in Fla. , she likes the adj. heated seats & Steering wheel , Mirrors etc .
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Last time I had iced up mirrors I scraped them off In seconds. Never had auto wipers, My manual wipers work just fine. :p
But I do wish I had that under seat storage in the back and the rubber floor not the carpet.
In 2 or three years IF I get another It will be the big Bronco. but I'll keep this one to replace my '04 Escape.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Last time I had iced up mirrors I scraped them off In seconds. Never had auto wipers, My manual wipers work just fine. :p
But I do wish I had that under seat storage in the back and the rubber floor not the carpet.
In 2 or three years IF I get another It will be the big Bronco. but I'll keep this one to replace my '04 Escape.
That Badlands underseat storage is *very* small -- like they say, good for a pair of boots/sneakers, *or* maybe a first aid kit, *or*...you get the idea. They make a Ford accessory lock box ("safe") for it to, as an alternative to the one for the center console. I guess you could keep your wallet and passport in there -- it would be sort of neat for that hidey hole to be reasonably *secure*, if security instead of neatness might be one's priority. The rubberized flooring does not stay smooth an clean looking, it gets scuffed (I'll still user rubber mats on it). Still, maybe (probably?) better than carpet in the long run, and easier to clean in the short run.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So if it’s not on badlands it definitely is not on first edition. I have always enjoyed it on my Lincoln.We will survive right!
Builds destined for Canada *do* get a number of these features contrary to how Ford USA shows they are distributed by model, trim, package for the US.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
That Badlands underseat storage is *very* small -- like they say, good for a pair of boots/sneakers, *or* maybe a first aid kit, *or*...you get the idea. They make a Ford accessory lock box ("safe") for it to, as an alternative to the one for the center console. I guess you could keep your wallet and passport in there -- it would be sort of neat for that hidey hole to be reasonably *secure*, if security instead of neatness might be one's priority. The rubberized flooring does not stay smooth an clean looking, it gets scuffed (I'll still user rubber mats on it). Still, maybe (probably?) better than carpet in the long run, and easier to clean in the short run.
Can I have permission to use the phrase “hidey hole” lol

crockermt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So I found in the book about the wipers. Badlands definitely has them. Pretty cool feature. Mine were not turned on that’s why they didn’t work ?
I have a Badlands but don't see an option for Rain-sensing wipers; how did you find it?

Reactions: Jrl

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I think that feature was weirdly only available on one trim and it was either Outer Banks or Big Bend (I can't remember which one; I want to say Outer Banks). I could be thinking of something else though.

Reactions: Jrl

Sparky

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Explorer Sport, 16 VW Beetle Convertible
I have a Badlands and from what I read in the owners manual and from usage I have adjustable delay wipers that are speed sensitive. The faster you go it shortens the delay.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I have an OB. When driving in the rain, my wipers magically come on by themselves. And they adapt to the amount of rain falling. So my OB/OB has rain sensing wipers.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
So I found in the book about the wipers. Badlands definitely has them. Pretty cool feature. Mine were not turned on that’s why they didn’t work ?
So how did you turn them on? I saw it in the manual but mine are not working so I guess I have to do something.

Re: the BL + BL without a sunroof... hitting the sunroof button is the first thing I do when I get in the driver's seat!

eastcoastbroncosport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have a BL and my wipers adapt to the rain (i.e. turn off if there's no rain, speed up if there's heavier rain) only when I have them left "on". If you turn your wipers off fully, they don't magically turn on, but if you leave them on and there's no rain, they just don't move because they're not sensing any rain.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Don’t forget to turn them off when going to car wash,I forgot on my last car and it cost me big time ,I had just spent 50 dollars and then I went to car wash and they came on midway and then I went and got set two that week.CAUTION
Thank you! I never thought about that.

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The thought of taking my Bronco through a tunnel wash makes me cringe. Touchless all the way and the wiper issue shouldn't be a problem :)
Sponsored