sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
I have asked my dealer for the railcar info for my vehicle, but only his manager has access and he is not available. My question is does anyone else have access to this information?
Sponsored

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have asked my dealer for the railcar info for my vehicle, but only his manager has access and he is not available. My question is does anyone else have access to this information?
I have the rail car number for mine.....but don't know where to look to find out where it is.....sigh

OP
OP
sdmc229

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
I have the rail car number for mine.....but don't know where to look to find out where it is.....sigh
I saw a thread within the last few days that had the phone numbers for the rail lines. There is not a website for that tracking

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
You may be able to contact customer support with ford, but most likely you will have to wait for the manager.

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
You may be able to contact customer support with ford, but most likely you will have to wait for the manager.
Ford won't provide anything. They will tell them to contact the purchasing dealer for the information.

Unfortunatly managers are usuaully the ones that will pull up the vehicle visability reports so will just have to wait.

OP
OP
sdmc229

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
Ford won't provide anything. They will tell them to contact the purchasing dealer for the information.

Unfortunatly managers are usuaully the ones that will pull up the vehicle visability reports so will just have to wait.
Thanks guys. I guess it's been 9 months already. I suppose another week won't kill me. Or will it?

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
It's listed on the Vehicle Visibility Report and anyone in the dealership has access to that information. If your salesman said that he doesn't have access, then either he doesn't know where to look for it, doesn't WANT to look for it, or is just lying to you.

When I asked my salesman for the railcar number, he not only provided me with it but also gave me a screenshot of the vehicle visibility report.

OP
OP
sdmc229

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
It's listed on the Vehicle Visibility Report and anyone in the dealership has access to that information. If your salesman said that he doesn't have access, then either he doesn't know where to look for it, doesn't WANT to look for it, or is just lying to you.

When I asked my salesman for the railcar number, he not only provided me with it but also gave me a screenshot of the vehicle visibility report.
I was looking over his shoulder when he had it open trying to see what was on it. He has been pretty straight with me during this process which is why this one thing seemed odd

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was looking over his shoulder when he had it open trying to see what was on it. He has been pretty straight with me during this process which is why this one thing seemed odd
Was your BS marked as "Shipped" on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking Status web page? The other probability is even though it was marked as "shipped" it hadn't yet been loaded onto a railcar. If that is the case then a railcar number wouldn't have been entered in yet. Once a vehicle has cleared all of its inspections and is ready to be shipped and moved to the loading area, that is when Ford marks it as being "shipped" but it doesn't mean that it has actually been loaded or left yet. It took me two days from the time I received a "shipped" notice to the time I was actually able to get a railcar number. From there it took another two weeks for it to make it to the car rail port to be unloaded. It took another day and a half for it to get unloaded, so it's not a quick process.

OP
OP
sdmc229

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
Was your BS marked as "Shipped" on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking Status web page? The other probability is even though it was marked as "shipped" it hadn't yet been loaded onto a railcar. If that is the case then a railcar number wouldn't have been entered in yet. Once a vehicle has cleared all of its inspections and is ready to be shipped and moved to the loading area, that is when Ford marks it as being "shipped" but it doesn't mean that it has actually been loaded or left yet. It took me two days from the time I received a "shipped" notice to the time I was actually able to get a railcar number. From there it took another two weeks for it to make it to the car rail port to be unloaded. It took another day and a half for it to get unloaded, so it's not a quick process.
This is where things get a little odd. When the Ford tracker is up, it shows as shipped with an expected delivery date of July 10-17, 2021 (This was my original delivery date before it was holding for the RCM chip). Both the dealer and I saw on the Ford tracker an Oct 17-23rd delivery date for 1 day before it changed back.

When checking the tracker here, I see a 10/1 ship date and it is listed as in transit. With the Ford tracker down and no emails from Ford, I have no idea what is going on.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR2, Ford Expedition
Union Pacific has no use. I got my answer from CSX. If you use CSX, you will be asked to provide the initials of the rail car number first then the number itself.

Sample of a rail car number TTDX123456. Where TTDX are the initials.

Union Pacific: 800-877-5123 (Choose Option 1 for English, say "Trace" when asked for a response, then follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)

CSX: 800-235-2352 (Say "Location" and follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)

Hope this helps.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is where things get a little odd. When the Ford tracker is up, it shows as shipped with an expected delivery date of July 10-17, 2021 (This was my original delivery date before it was holding for the RCM chip). Both the dealer and I saw on the Ford tracker an Oct 17-23rd delivery date for 1 day before it changed back.

When checking the tracker here, I see a 10/1 ship date and it is listed as in transit. With the Ford tracker down and no emails from Ford, I have no idea what is going on.
If it's showing as "In Transit" on the Ford Vehicle Order Tacking website then it is on a railcar somewhere. Mine was shipped on 10/05 and arrived at the Norfolk Southern auto yard on 10/20. Your BS might very well have been on the same train as mine or the one just before it. Either way it should be at the Norfolk Southern rail yard waiting to be trucked to your dealership.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sdmc229

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
If it's showing as "In Transit" on the Ford Vehicle Order Tacking website then it is on a railcar somewhere. Mine was shipped on 10/05 and arrived at the Norfolk Southern auto yard on 10/20. Your BS might very well have been on the same train as mine or the one just before it. Either way it should be at the Norfolk Southern rail yard waiting to be trucked to your dealership. If your dealer is in the Springfield, PA area also, then the nearest Norfolk Southern Auto Terminal to you is Newark, NJ.
Thanks for the info. I saw palsapp had it listed as coming out of New Castle DE, about 30-40 min south of Springfield. Mostly, I am just worried it didnt show in the window I was given. That I need to obsess about something until it gets here

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. I saw palsapp had it listed as coming out of New Castle DE, about 30-40 min south of Springfield. Mostly, I am just worried it didnt show in the window I was given. That I need to obsess about something until it gets here
At least you now know that it is on the way to your dealership. :clap:

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Union Pacific has no use. I got my answer from CSX. If you use CSX, you will be asked to provide the initials of the rail car number first then the number itself.

Sample of a rail car number TTDX123456. Where TTDX are the initials.

Union Pacific: 800-877-5123 (Choose Option 1 for English, say "Trace" when asked for a response, then follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)

CSX: 800-235-2352 (Say "Location" and follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)

Hope this helps.
Thank you!
Sponsored