Time to get from Railcar to dealership

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Those that have tracked their BS on the railcar, How long did you have to wait from when the railcar arrived at destination city and when you were contacted by the dealer? This is for those that the dealer was within 100 miles of the railcar destination.
Sponsored

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500 LTZ Z71 crew cab
Those that have tracked their BS on the railcar, How long did you have to wait from when the railcar arrived at destination city and when you were contacted by the dealer? This is for those that the dealer was within 100 miles of the railcar destination.

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a very good question… my dealership told me 10 to 14 weeks total ?they also said “ yes, s you should have it before the end of the year” … I ordered a 2022 BS Badlands with the premium package and I’m going to be VERY surprised if I see it before the end of the year? I live in Maine and I’m assuming the cars are out west somewhere ? After Mexico ?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
This is a very good question… my dealership told me 10 to 14 weeks total ?they also said “ yes, s you should have it before the end of the year” … I ordered a 2022 BS Badlands with the premium package and I’m going to be VERY surprised if I see it before the end of the year? I live in Maine and I’m assuming the cars are out west somewhere ? After Mexico ?
It is all variable and hard to say. The dealer would hopefully know the timing of deliveries after rail cars arrive Since they do it so often.

Maine? Wow that is a long haul for the rail. When is your production week?

I am a little lucky in that my production week is 11/22 and I am in Las Vegas, NV (pretty close state wise to Mexico). In addition, the rail drop point for ford is 14 miles from the dealer and all highway so should be quick.

OP
OP

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
So, I got a response from the dealer that it just showed up, but won't be until next week Tuesday before I can pick it up. It took about 10 days to get from the plant to Kansas City, then another week to get to the dealership just outside of KC.

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I got a response from the dealer that it just showed up, but won't be until next week Tuesday before I can pick it up. It took about 10 days to get from the plant to Kansas City, then another week to get to the dealership just outside of KC.

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So , I originally ordered the Outer Banks on September 24. I received a email confirmation from Ford motor that day saying they received it, a week later I received an email saying it was scheduled to be built the week of November 29. Then I changed my mind and wanted the 2.0 L engine? so I ordered the Badlands last Wednesday. 12th…Received the confirmation email that day. I have not received the build date yet… Assuming it will be next Wednesday …Which will be a week, like the first time. But what’s your guesstimation on when I’ll get it based on ordering it last Wednesday, 12 October ? And it is a 2022 because even though I wanted to clarify one they said they were done.

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So approximately, what was your total time from ordering to being able to pick up ?

OP
OP

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
So , I originally ordered the Outer Banks on September 24. I received a email confirmation from Ford motor that day saying they received it, a week later I received an email saying it was scheduled to be built the week of November 29. Then I changed my mind and wanted the 2.0 L engine? so I ordered the Badlands last Wednesday. 12th…Received the confirmation email that day. I have not received the build date yet… Assuming it will be next Wednesday …Which will be a week, like the first time. But what’s your guesstimation on when I’ll get it based on ordering it last Wednesday, 12 October ? And it is a 2022 because even though I wanted to clarify one they said they were done.
You will be most likely be waiting a possibly much longer time for the Badlands.
I ordered feb. 3 and picking up Oct. 18. So 8.5 months.

Kpie819

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Mine was shipped the 4th, arrived at the dealership on the 14th. I am in Northern Nevada. I was never able to track it once it went onto the railcar. But I did notice my window sticker updated on the 4th, 9th, and again the 14th, which leads me to believe it was picked up by a truck in the 9th, we had a snow storm roll through that closed the passes headed to and from California on the 11th.

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is all variable and hard to say. The dealer would hopefully know the timing of deliveries after rail cars arrive Since they do it so often.

Maine? Wow that is a long haul for the rail. When is your production week?

I am a little lucky in that my production week is 11/22 and I am in Las Vegas, NV (pretty close state wise to Mexico). In addition, the rail drop point for ford is 14 miles from the dealer and all highway so should be quick.
The first one I ordered which was an outer banks which I ordered on September 24 the build date was going to be the week of 11/29… Then I researched more etc. etc. and decided that I really wanted the 2.0 L engine and ordered that on this past Wednesday the 12th… So I’m hoping this coming Wednesday I will get an email from Ford letting me know my production week but again way across the country??? i’m praying that I get it before the end of the year it would be a great Christmas present to myself but if not I’m expecting it hopefully in January I really hope they’re not eight months out like some thing else I read on here? that would be horrible since the truck I have now that I pay $600 a month for is a gas guzzling beast?

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving the Husband’s F-150
Where did your BS finally get off the rail car? Trying to help a forum friend whose vehicle seems to have disappeared in Oklahoma.
Sponsored