Question: Still awaiting order confirmation?

OP
OP

tambrico

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
aside from DORA all dealers give a preview order.
They did not. The salesman used the 2021 build and price to build the 2022 (we wrote in cyber orange manually) then came back with a pricing agreement for a 2022 based on the online 2021 build and price we built. There was no building based on official order books.
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
They did not. The salesman used the 2021 build and price to build the 2022 (we wrote in cyber orange manually) then came back with a pricing agreement for a 2022 based on the online 2021 build and price we built. There was no building based on official order books.
Ahhhh. We would not let our salesman use the 2021 build and price. We printed out and brought the 2022 order guide from Ford which he had not even seen, checked what we wanted on that, had him go to his manager and put it into the official order system and print us out the preview order since their ordering system was 2022 starting on Aug 30 when the banks opened. We did this the first week of ordering. Then we checked the preview order, approved that. Then they went and filled out the official retail and invoice which was signed by them and us. The order was released to Ford and we have the confirmation the same day. We never worked outside their official ordering system, except for the final agreement double signed which was based on the preview order.

Reactions: MJE
OP
OP

tambrico

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Ahhhh. We would not let our salesman use the 2021 build and price. We printed out and brought the 2022 order guide from Ford which he had not even seen, checked what we wanted on that, had him go to his manager and put it into the official order system and print us out the preview order since their ordering system was 2022 starting on Aug 30 when the banks opened. We did this the first week of ordering. Then we checked the preview order, approved that. Then they went and filled out the official retail and invoice which was signed by them and us. The order was released to Ford and we have the confirmation the same day. We never worked outside their official ordering system, except for the final agreement double signed which was based on the preview order.
In hindsight I wish I would have thought of this but I didn't know those details about the order system. And I guess I assumed the salesman would be as up to date as I was. He didn't know we could order a 2022 OBX in cyber orange as it was outside the scope of the build and price. Our salesman is a very nice guy but he's an older gentleman who doesn't really seem to be tech savvy. Previously when I ordered my Bronco from this dealership my salesman was my younger cousin who now no longer works there. That would have made things much easier with this order.

gibsonc7r

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport
I sat with the Fleet Manager as he entered my ā€˜22 order based off my ā€˜21 preview with no issues. I donā€™t get emails, but everything seemingly checks out.
Ford Bronco Sport Question: Still awaiting order confirmation? DF2172AD-368A-425E-930E-B5596BA79DDF

BSPittsburgh

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mercury Mariner Premier
I never got an order preview, but after hounding my salesman 3 times he finally got this from his manager. It was approved by Ford the day after submission, donā€™t know why they didnā€™t share this with me the first time I called to see if anything was confirmedā€¦ just happy to see I have an order #
Ford Bronco Sport Question: Still awaiting order confirmation? 452B99ED-EA3C-4E02-BD2A-5E77C1022441

BSPittsburgh

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Placed my order for a BS BL on 10/31, received confirmation from Ford on 11/1.
Keep us posted if you get a build date! Mine was confirmed 3 days after yours.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

gibsonc7r

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport
They should hopefully resume scheduling builds next week. I think itā€™s been 3 weeks since they last scheduled any builds due to delays.

E229Lt

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Expedition
I wonder how many of the people with no notification from Ford had their orders placed as "Dealer Stock" instead of the individual being the purchaser. Further, I hope those individuals don't find out their cars arrive only to be "Market Adjusted"

gibsonc7r

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport
I wonder how many of the people with no notification from Ford had their orders placed as "Dealer Stock" instead of the individual being the purchaser. Further, I hope those individuals don't find out their cars arrive only to be "Market Adjusted"
Would it even be possible to tell if that happened?

Getting hit with a market adjustment when I get to pick my car up terrifies me.

msLauraBelle

Outer Banks
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So you got an order confirmation from Ford directly, but no order number? When did you order?
I got the email the same day. I ordered Oct 29 for. 2022 BS OB, no sun roof with assist, tech, towing. Correct. No order number came in the email.

BSPittsburgh

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would it even be possible to tell if that happened?

Getting hit with a market adjustment when I get to pick my car up terrifies me.
If you signed a price agreement, which along with the drivers license is how Ford "verifies" it is a true customer order (not dealers just submitting fake customer orders to try to game system and get more inventory to sell on the floor) then they cannot do any market adjustments. I think most say if the price goes down when your car arrives they would honor that too. Mine has agreed to implement X plan pricing if it becomes an option on the 22BS

gibsonc7r

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport
If you signed a price agreement, which along with the drivers license is how Ford "verifies" it is a true customer order (not dealers just submitting fake customer orders to try to game system and get more inventory to sell on the floor) then they cannot do any market adjustments. I think most say if the price goes down when your car arrives they would honor that too. Mine has agreed to implement X plan pricing if it becomes an option on the 22BS
Oof, I probably shouldā€™ve researched that beforehand. I just signed the order preview and receipt, thereā€™s a picture of it in a previous post of mine.

BSPittsburgh

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oof, I probably shouldā€™ve researched that beforehand. I just signed the order preview and receipt, thereā€™s a picture of it in a previous post of mine.
Your order preview has a price on it so you should be good. They have no incentive to order it for dealer stock because it will just delay a guaranteed sale. The custom order bank gets cars delivered faster that don't count against their normal inventory allocation, if I am understanding the process right.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Thatā€™s all I did as well, signed the order preview sheet but did have to give over my driverā€™s license. I didn't think about it as a way to prove a ā€˜realā€™ customer order as opposed to a fake one to add to dealer stock. I was told though there wasnā€™t any pricing they could do yet beyond MSRP until they receive the invoice for it, as my dealer agreed to honor X plan.
Sponsored