Zeker

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I bought the DZD marker lights with duel colour from Amazon. Mine has three wires. Black/ground. Yellow/turn signal, amber light. And red wire/daytime running lights, white light.
lhave them installed, just need to wire them in to harness. I understand my ground and turn signal but I have no idea where the running light wire of harness is?
My schematic drawing skills are rather limited.
Can someone tell me what pin # and colour the running lights are. I have the baby BS 2022
Ford Bronco Sport Project O'Bronco image
Sponsored

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I bought the DZD marker lights with duel colour from Amazon. Mine has three wires. Black/ground. Yellow/turn signal, amber light. And red wire/daytime running lights, white light.
lhave them installed, just need to wire them in to harness. I understand my ground and turn signal but I have no idea where the running light wire of harness is?
My schematic drawing skills are rather limited.
Can someone tell me what pin # and colour the running lights are. I have the baby BS 2022
Ford Bronco Sport Project O'Bronco image
Run the red ones down the fender and connect them to the blue wire behind the lower side marker lights, those'll get you the DRLs. Went through this myself the past few weeks, this thread was super helpful: https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/tectico-led-fender-light-side-marker-install.6707/

Zeker

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport

Zeker

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I’ve installed these lights but mine have 3 wires. Ground and turn signals,amber and running lights,white. I know what wires are ground and turn signal but I can’t for the life of me find the running light wire to connect to. I’ve tried with the multi meter and can’t get a reading on the other wires when I turn on the running lights. Meter shows reading for signal lamps so it’s working fine.
someone suggested coming off the lower small rectangular amber running light blue wire but it seems impossible to get at without taking off bumper.
Any idea anyone which wire out of the headlamp box the daytime running light is?

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Those are meant to be there, it's where you touch to lock the doors.
Huh. I didn’t know about that locking feature. I’ve been using the key fob to lock up. My dealer didn’t run through all the stuff with me, more or less just said, “Here’s your car! Happy motoring!”

OP
OP
Glamdring70

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
So to close out this saga from mid August (!) (https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/ford-accessories-discounted-20-through-august-26.6990/), the dealership just today finally got the right part and I installed it. Slightly under one month of waiting and a total of 6 trips to 3 dealerships to make it happen.

Tip to anyone else saving $50 on Ford's install price... use a strap to pull this together before tightening the bolts to get rid of the gap where the tube pieces meet.
View attachment 30439

The accessory itself... well, let's just say I like it because it was free with points. That lean to the left isn't my photography angle, that's as well as it is built. I played and played with the assembly to get it flat and level, but no dice. It says all over it, Made in China so it's just another hurriedly mass produced jig-welded piece.
View attachment 30440

It holds the bins. The GVWR being what it is, I don't see this really helping to haul more gear, just relocating some to the outside. I imagine the weight on the back is no more awkward than it would be in a roof carrier, which is a scant 150lbs limit in my Bronco Sport anyhow.
View attachment 30441

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Looks good. Nice tip on the strap. I went back and forth on rooftop or hitch carrier for additional storage. Ended up finding a Thule rooftop basket on Facebook for dirt cheap but may still get a hitch carrier from Harbor Freight. I won’t use it much but in case of evacuation from Hurricanes I need space outside the vehicle after we pack all the animals up inside. Also fuel.

maximumwang

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That rack and bin combo looks good đź‘Ś. Especially with color of your car. Nice that it doesn't block the rear lights at all.

Maybe if you put all the heavy stuff in the right side bin it will level out ;)

To be fair to the chinese, they make Iphones over there too, i'm sure they could make a straighter basket. But it would probably cost a lot more than 200 bucks.

They'll make whatever quality that we'll pay for.

OP
OP
Glamdring70

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
may still get a hitch carrier from Harbor Freight. I won’t use it much but in case of evacuation from Hurricanes I need space outside the vehicle after we pack all the animals up inside. Also fuel.
The Harbor Freight one was going to be my option until I decided to blow the points (or lose them). The instructions on this one advised not to carry fuel on it due to hazard created by exhaust. I don't know how much is concern and how much is CYA, but this one at least sits much higher due to the angled mounting neck. The HF one shoots straight out. Still a long distance from our downturned pipes.

Unrelated, I also like the HF Haulmaster because with that straight neck it really looks like you can mount it upside down as a sitting bench. Or a step to help doggos get in, if you added a flat cover.

That rack and bin combo looks good đź‘Ś. Especially with color of your car. Nice that it doesn't block the rear lights at all.
Thanks. I was actually dropping those on there to test the light-sight. I use them to store the air bed and various other Bronco-gear stuffs I acquired, but I don't think I would bother hauling them on there. Individually they don't hold big items I couldn't just put inside so I might get one of the really, really big containers in that style. It's roughly the same form factor as three of those bins together. I'm actually amazed by how compact gear pieces are nowadays. I can fit a 4 person table, chair set and canopy in roughly three cubic feet of space. Maybe 50lbs total. That would all get water/dirt proof in the bigger bin with space to spare. Still deciding how to thief-proof stuff more than a ratchet strap accomplishes. Well, yeah, can't thief-proof, just better secure.

OP
OP
Glamdring70

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Haven't used this thread in a while but here's something easy I did today. about 20 mins invested.

Installed custom cargo area carpeted inserts. Before:
Ford Bronco Sport Project O'Bronco IMG_20230426_160038819

Scrap piece of runner on hand. Previously bought to cover the garage-to-house stairs. You can see this is about 8x10 in total and you can buy it by the foot at your favorite big box hardware place.
Jammed a piece of paper into the space and trace the edge with pencil to get a rough outline. Two sides seem to be parallels and so you really just need the front and back edges.
(Protip: you can use the pencil in the pencil holder if you have one)
Cut the shape out and drop it in to check fit. Transfer that to the runner when you are satisfied.
(Protip: check orientation before cutting or you'll mirror the shape and the two sides are not identical)
Cut with a boxcutter, carpet knife or scissor.
Ford Bronco Sport Project O'Bronco IMG_20230426_160026461

Factory carpeted mat in photo to compare. I keep a bottle of sanitizing wipes here most of the time. I don't know if anything will be quieter, but it won't be noisier.
Another option would be to wait and eventually one of those Chinese sellers will find this and sell a Bronco Sport mat set with like 19 pieces that go in every tray and cubby including in the door pockets.
Ford Bronco Sport Project O'Bronco IMG_20230426_160741021
Sponsored