Prepper, Survivalist and Tactical

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Unfortunately, where I'm at it's a 4 hour drive to anything that could even be jokingly called, or described as a "forest". Just to get to what we call "the sticks" is a 1 to 2 hour excursion. So, When the balloon goes up, My family is forced to take a road trip. šŸš™
Think about the parking lot the highways became when they were evacuating because of Katrina and the hundreds who ran out of gas just sitting there in traffic running their engines.

That's what you'll be up against bugging out of anywhere that's fairly well populated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LazyDirtFarmer

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
Think about the parking lot the highways became when they were evacuating because of Katrina and the hundreds who ran out of gas just sitting there in traffic running their engines.

That's what you'll be up against bugging out of anywhere that's fairly well populated.
Thank goodness for Auto Stop šŸ™‚

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You'll only need it once. Then you'll sit there until you run out of gas.

OP
OP
LazyDirtFarmer

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe everyone's going to have different risks for every different emergency scenario (weather, civil disorder, WWIII, zombie outbreak, etc.); Location is one major factor in determining those risks. Situational Awareness is key. Knowing when to bug out (so you're not stuck in a traffic jam), which go bags to grab, which of your pre-determined destinations you're heading for, and the routes to get there (on an old fashioned map), are all just part of a good disaster plan.

A vehicles capability should be considered as well. Where can it go?, How much can it carry? What should I carry? How do I pack it for best efficiency/use? In this thread, I'm looking forward to hearing ideas from others on these topics, specific to our beloved BS.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport

For real. Work on your cardio, have good hiking shoes and get your bicycle tuned up.
In the very unlikely chance that the excrement ever hits the fan, I'll just die and that's okay. A life of canned beans is not a life worth living.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I live at my, ā€˜Strong holdā€™ now.
I work part time within 20 miles from home. Lonely four lane highway from work to the mile and a half drive to my mountain community.
If I had to abandon my Bronco sport at work I could make the hike home in the woods, not along side the road in two days.
I am packed for four days in my get home bag.
The other bag sets me up for night fighting and day hiding on my way home with an extra two days of food.
Plenty of water along the way so I carry two filter systems and only two Liters of water on me.
If Iā€™m shooting Iā€™ve screwed up and let myself be detected.
I wonā€™t let that happen. Iā€™ve walked my three routes before.
In daylight and darkness.
Total weight for my two packs is 23 pounds. Including whatā€™s on my belt for defense.
When I workout I carry 35 pounds and do scrambles, interval style.
I see no benefit loading gear on the vehicle. But then again I am a lone wolf out there.
I carry coms that work well up here also.

Last edited:

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
My first aid training is current (Thanks to the U.S. Navy MWR). I know how to pack a through and through if needed. I donā€™t have the equipment to search for and remove a bullet, but I do have the means to deliver one, pretty accurately, in several calibers. I have a bug out bag and relatives in several states. Iā€™m 60, so a lot of people will assume Iā€™m a harmless old lady. That would be their mistake. šŸ™ƒ

Last edited:

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
and the routes to get there (on an old fashioned map)
not to be overlooked
may want to investigate those which pertain to your locale
powerline transmission line easement service roads
railway service roads (warning-prosecution by law)
spent better part of a summer work related
accessing using only 2 wheel drive pick up
miles and miles
only interruptions were road crossings

*forgot to add - much of this work done straight through a city

Last edited:

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seriously... I have an RTL-SDR (RTL2832U) I run with a Raspberry PI. Haven't given it much thought before seeing your post... I can run the whole thing off USB power. Maybe I'll add it to my Comms Bag with the HTs and other radio stuff... Thanks!

Ford Bronco Sport Prepper, Survivalist and Tactical 20221011_161313
Nice set up LDF
Question???
Have you tried this dongle with the Bronco sync3 yet?
Could it possibly function through the sync3 usb port?
fingers crossed for luck on this one

OP
OP
LazyDirtFarmer

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice set up LDF
Question???
Have you tried this dongle with the Bronco sync3 yet?
Could it possibly function through the sync3 usb port?
fingers crossed for luck on this one
Maybe it'll be on Sync 5 on the 2024's :fingerscrossed:

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My last comment on this. I've given it years of thought so this isn't some spur of the moment thing I thought up.

Even if you do successfully go to the boonies, you'll be joined by thousands of others who probably aren't as well prepared as you and they'll look to taking you out to get what you have.

Anyway, I'm set up differently. I'm in a cul de sac with around 30 others of whom perhaps 2/3 are preppers to a degree and heavily armed. We're in an extremely defensible position and have enough people to defend it indefinitely and enough food to last for several months.

I'm bugging in.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
enough food to last for several months.
I'm bugging in.
Same same. All my neighbors are ex-military.
very ideal situations you have
elderly parent to watch after
likewise will sit tight
UNLESS
the hand is forced
everyone goes for a field trip
best to have a plan B
Ford Bronco Sport Prepper, Survivalist and Tactical 1665784858671

Ford Bronco Sport Prepper, Survivalist and Tactical 1665784925645

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I believe as was said about bugging out in most vehicles , it will be a big parking lot out there if something does happen like is envisioned . Problem is , it won't be like anything you plan for , hard to say what would make me leave my house . I'm surrounded by swamps & jungle & have plenty of food & water & of course ammo ( I roll my own & have for almost fifty years ) .

Forget the internet or Cell phones , they won't be working for long if something happens , the Gov. will shut them all down & they can jam just about any radio device you can come up with & will .

If you don't believe in Zombie's , just look or watch the riots from these last couple of years , thats your Zombie's , they don't have to be dead , just there minds , to be Zombie's ! Just look at some of the big Cities & what's going on in them , if you live close to one , all that is coming your way on a massive scale at some point .

Plan for the worst & hope for the best .
Sponsored