Post your crossbar/basket/rack combo photos!

Tampachaz

Big Bend
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It would be cool to see what everyone is coming up with for the roofs of their Broncos!

Personally, I am considering the Ford on-road crossbars with either the Yakima medium Load Warrior basket or the Yakima OffGrid basket. Anyone know if the OffGrid would work?

Looking forward to seeing these combos!
Ford crossbars. The rest of the roof accessories came from Amazon. Also tires upgraded to BFG K02s from 4Wheel Parts.

Ford Bronco Sport Post your crossbar/basket/rack combo photos! 766AC257-2F60-4EF3-B840-CAD32F833EC0

Ford Bronco Sport Post your crossbar/basket/rack combo photos! 917C7E5B-EE72-41C9-BFC2-59D737BE9034
Sponsored

BeachBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
For those of you with the stock moonroof, have you used any crossbars and baskets other than the oem crossbars? I'd like a lower profile basket and bar option but don't want to lose the functions of my sunroof. I carry a lot on my roof when taking my trucks to the beach for the day. (Fishing poles, firewood, grill, traction pads, etc.) Would like the basket to sit a little closer to the side rails if possible.

Last edited:

BucKen Roswell

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It would be cool to see what everyone is coming up with for the roofs of their Broncos!

Personally, I am considering the Ford on-road crossbars with either the Yakima medium Load Warrior basket or the Yakima OffGrid basket. Anyone know if the OffGrid would work?

Looking forward to seeing these combos!
2022 OBBS
Ford OEM crossbars. Needed longer m5 screws to attach.
Yakima Lock n Load rack.

Ford Bronco Sport Post your crossbar/basket/rack combo photos! Screenshot_20220125-235507_Gallery

cklapka

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands Hot Pepper Red
Thule Evo wingbar 135, with Yakima Lock N Load Platform B, Yakima tire mount, and I use t-slot clamps to hold trax down

Ford Bronco Sport Post your crossbar/basket/rack combo photos! PXL_20211024_140341082~2
Ford Bronco Sport Post your crossbar/basket/rack combo photos! PXL_20220126_172038053
I'm wondering of the best system to help with hauling gear but also 4×8 sheets of plywood. This looks like it might be the answer. Can you see any issues with it carrying full sheets if plywood?

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I'm wondering of the best system to help with hauling gear but also 4×8 sheets of plywood. This looks like it might be the answer. Can you see any issues with it carrying full sheets if plywood?
The problem you have is the BS raised rail load capacity is just 150lbs. I would guess the weight of the platform is about the same as a sheet of plywood (50-60lbs per sheet) You would be over the weight with just 2 sheets and the platform.

cklapka

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands Hot Pepper Red
The problem you have is the BS raised rail load capacity is just 150lbs. I would guess the weight of the platform is about the same as a sheet of plywood (50-60lbs per sheet) You would be over the weight with just 2 sheets and the platform.
That is an interesting insight that I did not consider! Although; I am sure that is well below the actual ability of the rails, as a rooftop tent must weigh a fair bit and the weight of an average single American is already in the upper range of that value.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That is an interesting insight that I did not consider! Although; I am sure that is well below the actual ability of the rails, as a rooftop tent must weigh a fair bit and the weight of an average single American is already in the upper range of that value.
Static vs dynamic load.
Just sitting on top, 600lb
Driving they say 150lb

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Theres probably some wiggle room on that but it would come down to things like aerodynamics and load placement... A properly placed diffuser could help. You could probably get more up there if you were staying local streets and went slow. But again you are only talking a few sheets and if they failed you'd be responsible. Not sure I'd risk my car for work. The roof is not really job site worthy for loading up cargo, more for personal small projects.
Sponsored