SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Did he paint the truck with spray-in bedliner?
I'm almost positive that's what it is, but I haven't asked him yet. When I heard about all the paint issues the BS has had, I definitely considered doing the whole truck in it. If I ever have the issues some of the owners have had, I'll fight it with Ford and probably spray it in bedliner pending on how that fight turns out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Holy crap are you ever right. That's the first thing I noticed, and I'm not at all surprised that there was a thread about this. We just got our Bronco on Friday, and as soon as we got home, we wanted to disinfect the touch panel because the lady at the dealership was showing us how to use it. We wiped it with a damp microfiber cloth and it seemed to scratch. No... That couldn't be... so we wiped more in bigger strokes... more scratches... WTF??? Anything you touch this stuff with, it scratches! What a terrible material to use!! I am not impressed whatsoever.

Is there any plastic restore stuff we can use to fix it, or do we just need to get a 3M-type film over top?

We'll definitely be complaining about this to Ford.
It doesn't matter what you touch this stuff with. Microfiber, sponge, your finger... Wet, dry... It doesn't matter, it streaks. I tried some meguiars clear plastic headlight restore and maybe got bigger scratches out but added more. I was just gonna try wax but that's not going to polish out the deeper scratches.
Going to mabey attempt a clear vinal adhesive but I'm sure that's just going to create problems of its own. So, probably going to go with the protective film that's actually made for these parts. However the kit in the link doesn't seem to include the A-pillars either side of the windshield.
I am curious to see any pictures of coating in flat black looks like. Don't think I could commit to that. I'm thinking that I might just own it and try a nice consistent swirling scratch pattern lol.

BabyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It doesn't matter what you touch this stuff with. Microfiber, sponge, your finger... Wet, dry... It doesn't matter, it streaks. I tried some meguiars clear plastic headlight restore and maybe got bigger scratches out but added more. I was just gonna try wax but that's not going to polish out the deeper scratches.
Going to mabey attempt a clear vinal adhesive but I'm sure that's just going to create problems of its own. So, probably going to go with the protective film that's actually made for these parts. However the kit in the link doesn't seem to include the A-pillars either side of the windshield.
I am curious to see any pictures of coating in flat black looks like. Don't think I could commit to that. I'm thinking that I might just own it and try a nice consistent swirling scratch pattern lol.
I smell a class action lawsuit. At the very least, Ford should spot us for the adhesive protectors. This is a totally unacceptable material for use on a vehicle. Maybe a dollar store kid's toy, but not a vehicle.

lawyermike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco sport
spent 3 hours in huron national forest driving on deer trails - slightly wider than the vehicle - even got stuck in a mud rut for half hour - had to cut down branches to get traction under the tires - dismayed to find all the scratches on the plastic like everyone else - tried everything the auto parts store had - found one thing that works - it is Meguire ultimate compound color and clarity restorer - easy to use, not too expensive - black squeeze bottle - even rubbing compound did nothing - highly recommend the Meguiar - good luck to all - Mike

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
spent 3 hours in huron national forest driving on deer trails - slightly wider than the vehicle - even got stuck in a mud rut for half hour - had to cut down branches to get traction under the tires - dismayed to find all the scratches on the plastic like everyone else - tried everything the auto parts store had - found one thing that works - it is Meguire ultimate compound color and clarity restorer - easy to use, not too expensive - black squeeze bottle - even rubbing compound did nothing - highly recommend the Meguiar - good luck to all - Mike
Thanks for the tip. I've tried several products, too. I'll pick up some.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astrobin.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ll have to try this too. Just noticed the stenches tonight in my BS.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
It’s a truck like thing. If it gets dirty, it will scratch. It will get dirty, so it will scratch.
That is the approach I take anyway.
It is purely cosmetic, serves no purpose otherwise, so I don’t care. Now if it was metal and might rust, that would be another story.

If you want to protect your vehicle, you could always use this stuff. I think this is the stuff that Shaun from 4WD24/7 used on his dirty 30 and I guarantee he abuses that far more than anyone here does their Bronco Sport. He mentioned rhino coating in one of their videos.

edit to add: wrong product. They used this stuff.

Last edited:

ACGilbert

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
This was recommended by an earlier poster:

PPF Pre-cut Kit for Bronco Sport Badlands...... Paint Protection Film

Does anyone have experience with this product? Will it hide existing scratches if applied over them (transparent)? Or will it hide the scratches? My first offroad excursion resulted in pine branch scratches. Body paint was unaffected!

AC

KAnoe

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek

Does anyone have experience with this product? Will it hide existing scratches if applied over them (transparent)? Or will it hide the scratches? My first offroad excursion resulted in pine branch scratches. Body paint was unaffected!

AC
I had it put on and I have not had any issues after two months. At this point no regrets. They also put in on the door jams.

dhaas06

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL/BL

AC
Thanks to this thread, just ordered this kit and hoping I can get ahead of any scratches and get my pillars protected before I take it off pavement again. Also picked up their display screen protector, will report back if I have any issues with either.

kbroderick

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 3.5EB
I smell a class action lawsuit. At the very least, Ford should spot us for the adhesive protectors. This is a totally unacceptable material for use on a vehicle. Maybe a dollar store kid's toy, but not a vehicle.

Good luck with that. The 13th gen F-150 uses something that seems identical for B-pillar trim, so it seems unlikely Ford is unaware how it performs. And yes, it will scratch if you look at it funny, which is even more annoying on a full size truck than a BS.

MySoupIsTooHot

Outer Banks
First Name
Hilton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport HPR
Thanks to this thread, just ordered this kit and hoping I can get ahead of any scratches and get my pillars protected before I take it off pavement again. Also picked up their display screen protector, will report back if I have any issues with either.
how's it holding up after the winter and salt and such? worth the $220?

Also, did it have scratches before application? if so, did the film hide the scrathes or did you try to treat them prior to application?
Sponsored