Romac

Base
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Escape SE
Is there a part number floating around for the factory badlands skid plate? I’m never going to do any serious stuff where I’ll need an aftermarket heavier duty plate but I wouldn’t mind the added protection and look of the factory one over the carpeted liner currently under my base.
Sponsored

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Is there a part number floating around for the factory badlands skid plate? I’m never going to do any serious stuff where I’ll need an aftermarket heavier duty plate but I wouldn’t mind the added protection and look of the factory one over the carpeted liner currently under my base.

Check out this thread I started back in January. I finally found a part number for the front skid plate on Ford's parts website. I think it's #6775.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/base-big-bend-outer-banks-underbody-protection-armor.1739/#post-35612

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
This was listed as a skid plate by the webpage if you follow the link: https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford_2021_Bronco-Sport/Skid-plate/98558224/LX6Z9A147A.html

It isn’t.

I sat down with a very kind Ford part guy and he noted that all trims of the BS have this part and the corresponding part on the other side. I looked on my big bend, and it has them as well. It is that pressed wafferboard plastic or composite shield only. It is very much NOT a 3 mm thick steel skid plate.

and the search continues…

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
This was listed as a skid plate by the webpage if you follow the link: https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford_2021_Bronco-Sport/Skid-plate/98558224/LX6Z9A147A.html

It isn’t.

I sat down with a very kind Ford part guy and he noted that all trims of the BS have this part and the corresponding part on the other side. I looked on my big bend, and it has them as well. It is that pressed wafferboard plastic or composite shield only. It is very much NOT a 3 mm thick steel skid plate.

and the search continues…
You would think that SOMEBODY would have made an aftermarket stamped skidplate by now...probably on a cargo ship from China.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Unfortunately part #6775 "splash guard" is only 80 bucks.
I can guarantee that a 3mm steel plate of that size sold by Ford would cost more than that.
The search continues....

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i had a local metal fab shop quote me $350 to fab a skidplate for the front. i just need to drop the oem one, take it to him, and he will make it out of 3/16 plate. ive just been too busy with work and getting the rooftop tent setup rn ....

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ford Bronco Sport Part number for badlands skid plate? PXL_20210813_181221850

LX61-5D032-BD
FY4RD
083 21
Stamped on my badlands metal skid plate

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
i had a local metal fab shop quote me $350 to fab a skidplate for the front. i just need to drop the oem one, take it to him, and he will make it out of 3/16 plate. ive just been too busy with work and getting the rooftop tent setup rn ....
make sure you upgrade the fasteners to hang that much weight. I'd probably go with 1/8 inch plate, 3.16mm, still heavier than the Badlands plate.

Last edited:

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
make sure you upgrade the fasteners to hang that much weight. I'd probably go with 1/8 inch plate, 3.16mm, still heavier than the Badlands plate.
oh for sure i agree, 3/16 is overkill. this was a very rough estimate. there would def be alot more weight so you need to consider things like fasteners etc like you mention.
im just kinda hoping the aftermarket picks up soon …..

OP
OP
Romac

Romac

Base
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Escape SE
Thanks for sharing it! Anyone been able to pin that number down now? Google searches are going empty for me.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Some searching suggests that it'll have (one of the) Bronco Sport prefix and `-5D032-B` suffix, but still no joy on an exact-match for `LX61-5D032-B`

VDOG

Badlands
First Name
DAryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2011 Ford F350 Dually