CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
it was standard when I ordered my 22 BL last March then when it arrived it wasnt black. Was told Ford changed it in April.

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
it was standard when I ordered my 22 BL last March then when it arrived it wasnt black. Was told Ford changed it in April.
Huh, that must’ve been only for the Badlands at that time because my Outer Banks I ordered in May last year came with the standard black roof. I wonder what the issue is as to why they don’t want to do it.

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
Huh, that must’ve been only for the Badlands at that time because my Outer Banks I ordered in May last year came with the standard black roof. I wonder what the issue is as to why they don’t want to do it.
Ford has become very cheap these days, thats why.

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
If it becomes an option, I wonder if they will allow BB to be built with a black or CG roof

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
No doubt maximizing profit margins has its hand in all this... which depressing arcticle after reading all the various bits and pieces that are being relabeled....optional not standard, ugh. Of course meeting consumer demands and dealing with ongoing supply chain shortages is a reality anymore in most sectors... so Ford is not doing anything nefarious here... IMHO

That said I guess that ridiculous mark up I paid for my BL feels more like I ordered all those options before I knew they were options!...hahahhaha glass half full, not half empty : )

And here I was going to have my cactus get BLs wrapped in cactus grey roof.... not any more! I have an upgrade, lol

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Ford has become very cheap these days, thats why.
How is this making them cheap? Its not like there NOT painting the roof. They still have to paint it its just body color now which looks better IMO.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
Went on the Build and Price, and it doesn't look like it has changed other than you can get the body color option along with black and CG

Ford Bronco Sport Painted Roof OB Badlands 1677705709581

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yeah but some ppl want body color roof and could not get it that way on OB and BL before. Now you can get it either way.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Went on the Build and Price, and it doesn't look like it has changed other than you can get the body color option along with black and CG

Ford Bronco Sport Painted Roof OB Badlands 1677705709581
Yeah, but it defaults you to an ebony black body color paint. So, no matter what, you will get a back or CG roof.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If I do a Build and Price with a White Badlands and then select Body Color Roof it says that only comes with Shadow Black Badlands? So Build and Price won't let me build a White Badlands with a White Roof? Can only have the default Black roof or Optional Grey roof but no "body color roof" unless I agree to change exterior color from White to Shadow Black?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
How is this making them cheap? Its not like there NOT painting the roof. They still have to paint it its just body color now which looks better IMO.
It’s cheaper because it requires a lot of effort to paint the roof a different color. If you look under the black or CG roof paint, you would find body color. They have to mask off the rest of the body and I believe they hand paint the roof.

No gotcha from people with Black or CG body color please.
Sponsored