OuterBanks or Badlands

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
The only con I see if you go full BL, you're stuck with only 1 interior option, and not many people like the brown on black leather
And you can't avoid the moonroof. :(, which I can live with, but would prefer not to have - hopefully it will become a stand alone option in 2022
Sponsored

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
So just wanted to get y’all a prospective. I am new to off-roading and quite frankly want a vehicle to travel around with my family through Texas and Colorado. My question is do I really need the Badlands to do it? My gut tells me to go Badlands but my overall driving leads me to outer banks. Anyone have some reasons why a Badlands is necessary. Where do y’all go and travel? Thanks
If you are considering off-road at all, then Badlands really is the only choice. Engine and 4WD are the reasons.

Designermama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
I was torn between the two as well and basically husband and I weighed all of the differences side by side. Really, they end up being very much the same vehicle when fully loaded other than the engine, wheel size and a few random fun but kind of useless things like ambient lighting (WHY IS THIS NOT INCLUDED IN BADLANDS) - my husband rolled his eyes at this one - but - ambient lighting! I couldn't figure why OB had some features BL wasn't offered. There was the weird thing about carpeted flooring on the OB which seems to not be a thing on the BL... which as a mom of 2 kids - I see as an advantage (not having the carpeted flooring that is). I freaking hate carpet. I just got done ripping carpet out of my whole upstairs because the idiots that lived here before us covered over perfectly nice hard wood. If I can avoid carpet, I will. It's gross, it's hard to clean - especially in a car with the weather we get here. We went with BL because engine size, advanced 4x4 (iowa winters yo), towing capacity (I believe is up just a bit), oh and the fact that you can select the cyber orange - because I gotta be living this short bus life. Oh and the grill looks pretty nice on that BL compared to the OB. Both are great options, and either would probably work for us but for the small price difference when both are fully loaded, may as well go with the BL, so we did.

Last edited:

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Oh and the grill looks pretty nice on that BL compared to the OB. Both are great options, and either would probably work for us but for the small price difference when both are fully loaded, may as well go with the BL, so we did.
I actually prefer the grille on the Outer Banks. Not sure why. I think because the black fits better with more colours, while the lighter BL grille looks best with Cyber Orange.

Designermama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
I actually prefer the grille on the Outer Banks. Not sure why. I think because the black fits better with more colours, while the lighter BL grille looks best with Cyber Orange.
Yeah I could see that - they both look nice for sure. Side by side I prefer the meaner looking grille on BL :) - But again I do have cyber orange selected as well. So maybe thats it.

Designermama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
The good news is - if I somehow slide into a ditch in the winter - maybe BL will allow me to actually get out of it on my own... maybe. And I may have imagined this but I remember hearing something about a driving class ford offers with Badlands and not the other models of sport (well with the exception of FE most likely)?

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
ambient lighting (WHY IS THIS NOT INCLUDED IN BADLANDS) - my husband rolled his eyes at this one - but - ambient lighting! I couldn't figure why OB had some features BL wasn't offered.
Page 74 of eSource Book, apparently it comes standard in Badlands...curious why it's not included in FE is the question.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
I would not trust the source book to be 100% accurate yet...

I have seen them corrected over the course of the build...

They are for salespeople to reference and take tests...

When errors are found they correct them...

That is why today they are web based instead of PDF...

Notice the first page is messed up on the old PDF type that would not be the cast...

Looks like it was printed as pdf...

Notice the NOTE and the bottom

NOTE: The above information is an excerpt to be used with the 7/13/20 Bronco Sport Dealer Ordering Guide. For more information and the latest Dealer Ordering Guide, go to fmcdealer.com.