delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
The Badlands is hugely better than any of the other BS model levels.
It's the top of the model line. By a mile. Ford made it the best Bronco Sport available, and charge accordingly. It would be a very odd thing if it were priced and positioned as the top of the model line, but somehow, was lesser than the other models.
Sponsored

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Id bet if the outer banks offered the 2.0 there would be alot less BL's sold.
True...because that is essentially what the Badlands + Premium package is. So - yes....as one that is not interested in the Bronco Sport other than the Badlands with the Premium package, yes - if the OB was outfitted with everything the Badlands has (2.0 + the rest of what the Badlands brings to the power train), then a Badlands + Premium Package would have been fully redundant.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
True...because that is essentially what the Badlands + Premium package is. So - yes....as one that is not interested in the Bronco Sport other than the Badlands with the Premium package, yes - if the OB was outfitted with everything the Badlands has (2.0 + the rest of what the Badlands brings to the power train), then a Badlands + Premium Package would have been fully redundant.
I can almost be certain Ford held meetings that sounded just like this.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can almost be certain Ford held meetings that sounded just like this.
For sure - hence, the premise of the original statement is kind of silly. Almost like saying, if no Badlands existed, I bet there would be more OB sales.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I still think the 2.0 should've been offered in the Outer Banks. Maybe without the trail control, extra GOAT modes, bash plates, etc ... Would have made sense as a sort of 'luxury' model of BS and a great segway from the Big Bend.

Very similar as to how you can get the 2.7L V6 in ANY Bronco trim. If you want that extra 'oomph' in your Base then great. If you have a Badlands and the 2.3L fits you then perfect.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I still think the 2.0 should've been offered in the Outer Banks. Maybe without the trail control, extra GOAT modes, bash plates, etc ... Would have made sense as a sort of 'luxury' model of BS and a great segway from the Big Bend.

Very similar as to how you can get the 2.7L V6 in ANY Bronco trim. If you want that extra 'oomph' in your Base then great. If you have a Badlands and the 2.3L fits you then perfect.
The OB is the luxury version of the OB. It’s also why the OB leather seats are different than the BL seats.

I don’t really have an opinion on the 2.0L in the OB things though, I’ll let you boys fight that one out

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The OB is the luxury version of the OB. It’s also why the OB leather seats are different than the BL seats.

I don’t really have an opinion on the 2.0L in the OB things though, I’ll let you boys fight that one out
The seats are only a different color. The OB is no more "the" luxury version than the Badlands with Premium package. At that point, it's just a preference to the Blue highlighted seats, or the brown.

Reactions: Jrl

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Wish badland had a blue seat option with the premium trim

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm getting ready to order my new BS. Things that are important to me are: leather seats, body color door handles, 360+, tow hitch (just in case - not hauling anything large). I won't be doing any major off roading, but I may occasionally take it on vacations in the blue ridge mountains or want to drive it on the beach, etc... It will primarily be my daily driver, and I do a decent amount of highway driving. I'm debating between the Outer Banks and Badlands, but it would be significantly more expensive to get a Badlands with the leather seats + body color door handles.

My question is... will I miss the larger engine in the Badlands if I go with the Outer Banks? Or will I just appreciate the better gas mileage in the OB? I can't find one near me to test drive and am mainly concerned about the pick up on highways. Any thoughts or comparisons between the two would be helpful!
After all, what you got? Are you happy with it?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

I totally agree. The Outer Banks with the 2.0 would have been perfect. Not all Bronco Sport owners care about off-roading, and have no need for all the extra GOAT modes etc. A little extra power wouldn't hurt though.

watchnerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
I totally agree. The Outer Banks with the 2.0 would have been perfect. Not all Bronco Sport owners care about off-roading, and have no need for all the extra GOAT modes etc. A little extra power wouldn't hurt though.
If such a thing existed, I would have ordered it instead of the Badlands.

Instead, I went with the Badlands + Premium, which is close and I get extra off road just in case.

I imagine that a 2.0 OB would be pretty close to the price of a Badlands + Premium, anyway.