Outer Banks on 'Material Hold?'

Shumax

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
I ordered a 2024 Outer Banks in October, 2023. I heard, a few weeks ago, I won't see it until April-June because of a 'material hold.' Does anyone know why and what that means?

Thanks!
Sponsored

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
There is something on your order that is constrained. Typically "material hold" is usually an optional add such as fender flares or splash guards.

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
Yeah.... being in manufacturing myself... things are NOT back to "normal" and honestly, i wonder if they ever will be. My guess is no, not anytime soon.

We have a few suppliers (spare parts, components, etc..) that are into minimal inventory levels and "Lean Manufacturing", etc... Yeah, it cuts down their waste and carrying cost for inventory but it also creates lead times that are nonsense.

No, you don't necessarily need 1,000 widgets on the shelf, awaiting orders, but you shouldn't have zero either and then tell a customer it's a 6-8 week wait and sometimes longer. So now, instead of relying on a supplier to be there for me when i need it, i have to keep a stock of pretty expensive spares on my shelf hoping that i'll never have to use them. Makes no sense in my head....

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
I ordered a 2024 Outer Banks in October, 2023. I heard, a few weeks ago, I won't see it until April-June because of a 'material hold.' Does anyone know why and what that means?

Thanks!
I watch the Long McArthur live streams every week (Tuesday nights, 7pm CST) and think that one recent constraint was for 225/65/17 All Season tires. I had that wrong when I first posted this. I went back and watched one of the recent Scheduling Notes. FordVideoGuy breaks out certain parts of the 2 hour+ live stream as separate YouTube uploads on the Long McArthur YouTube channel.

Bronco Sport Scheduling info at 6:42

The OB uses 18 inch wheels and tires, so that's not it.
Also no Bronco Sport Badlands are being scheduled until Mid-March. It's only conjecture on my part that could be to the discontinuation of the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Others have suggested that certain parts which are common to the Maverick may be prioritized for the Maverick, and production of the Maverick is still way behind demand.
Note: that is the scheduling timeline. Production is 2 months after a vehicle is scheduled.

Last edited:

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge, 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
I just ordered a 2024 Badlands today. I was told it is on material with no projected delivery date.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
There is something on your order that is constrained. Typically "material hold" is usually an optional add such as fender flares or splash guards.
Or sun roof....

We wanted the outer banks with a sun roof back a long time ago: 2023...

They said about 6 months to get an outer banks with a sun roof back then. We went without.

OP
OP

Shumax

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
The only option I added was a trailer hitch. So, I guess that must be what's hold things up? Seems odd to me, but who knows anymore...

Bt_okst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 bronco sport obx

Thanks!
96d tech pkg is in very limited supply. This is affecting outer banks orders.

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
Yeah.... being in manufacturing myself... things are NOT back to "normal" and honestly, i wonder if they ever will be. My guess is no, not anytime soon.

We have a few suppliers (spare parts, components, etc..) that are into minimal inventory levels and "Lean Manufacturing", etc... Yeah, it cuts down their waste and carrying cost for inventory but it also creates lead times that are nonsense.

No, you don't necessarily need 1,000 widgets on the shelf, awaiting orders, but you shouldn't have zero either and then tell a customer it's a 6-8 week wait and sometimes longer. So now, instead of relying on a supplier to be there for me when i need it, i have to keep a stock of pretty expensive spares on my shelf hoping that i'll never have to use them. Makes no sense in my head....
Agreed. No one keeps "inventory" anymore. Also, with unemployment as low as it is, I have a tough time empathizing with business owners who complain about a lack of staff and employees.

Bt_okst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 bronco sport obx
I just ordered a 2024 Badlands today. I was told it is on material with no projected delivery date.
Badlands on hold until mid-march at the earliest. And 64v optional wheel for Badlands is exhausted. If it's on your order, it won't get built.

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands on hold until mid-march at the earliest. And 64v optional wheel for Badlands is exhausted. If it's on your order, it won't get built.
Thank you for that information. I ordered the standard wheels. I assume that there are plenty of orders ahead of me so not sure how much of a wait there will be to get it built once production starts back up.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I understand wanting to get exactly what you want, but my local Ford has 10 Bronco Sports on the lot, including two Badlands and Ford is doing the 0.0% on 5 years. Have you tried looking at nearby dealers (at least stuff you'd be willing to drive to)? The Sport doesn't exactly tow a great deal, so you can add a hitch later if you can find the rest of the package waiting somewhere.

OP
OP

Shumax

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
In my case? It’s a Company vehicle. We only use one dealer and if they don’t have one I like? I have to order. I was insistent on the 2.0 motor so here I am - waiting.

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went back to the dealer today to look at what is on the lot. I found a Badlands that must have just arrived that has everything that I wanted except the cargo mat so I am taking that. I originally ordered the Bronco in white and this one is Desert Sand. For me the color is less important than waiting for months for an order to come in.
Sponsored