13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I really do not think the FE will be that hot as it isn't even fully loaded. They are charging more for decals and not even making the Co-Pilot Assist plus 2.0 even available like it is on the lower trim levels.
Oh I get what you are saying. I just know some like the idea of a 'first edition' as a unique and limited vehicle. Sometimes the craziest things drive the market.
Sponsored

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
I really do not think the FE will be that hot as it isn't even fully loaded. They are charging more for decals and not even making the Co-Pilot Assist plus 2.0 even available like it is on the lower trim levels.
The "First Edition" moniker is only making dealerships and Ford more money. I don't see people scrambling for a FE or really needing one. The BL is more desirable. With that being said, I ordered a BB. LOL!

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Yeah, how top trim FE didn't get it is hard to understand. That's about the only complaint about FE vs BL I have, aside from being more expensive.

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
Just a thought, but when will they be changing over to the 2022 model year. This could be part of that, parts availability ...

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The "First Edition" moniker is only making dealerships and Ford more money. I don't see people scrambling for a FE or really needing one. The BL is more desirable. With that being said, I ordered a BB. LOL!
Oh I think the Big Bend is more than capable. Had a dealer refer to it as the best bang for the buck with just enough included to be a comfortable and affordable off-road suv. I've had many more say the 2.0 in the badlands is a noticable difference in power and sound but it comes with additional pricing. Most said they would take the badlands route with the badlands upgrades package. I chose no package. Didn't want all the extras. In five years the FE will have the "first edition" credibility for some collectors. Sounds nuts, is nuts...but that's something you can't duplicate. It's a first edition. Can't rebuild that part improve on it etc. That's how collectors work in some cases. I know a few who put value on that.
Doesn't make it more desirable to me, and the MSRP isn't better. But...it's a first edition. Time stands still.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just a thought, but when will they be changing over to the 2022 model year. This could be part of that, parts availability ...
Absolutely what it is. Likely July August September with parts driving the situation and possibly feedback on the 21s to build around issues.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Absolutely what it is. Likely July August September with parts driving the situation and possibly feedback on the 21s to build around issues.
I’m about done waiting. Ordered BL+BL on 2/22. No build date and now may be August-September. I started looking at Jeep Wranglers today. So disappointed!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’m about done waiting. Ordered BL+BL on 2/22. No build date and now may be August-September. I started looking at Jeep Wranglers today. So disappointed!
Well I agree. Maybe lease a wrangler, let the sport shake down, and buy a 3.0 version when the jeep is up...or fall in love with the wrangler and Ford is one customer sol

gavin28x

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Was just at the Dealer an hour ago finalizing my order for a BL+BL, and not sure if one of the other guys was trying to blow smoke, but someone mentioned that TOMORROW 4/13 is now the last day for orders.

Not sure if this got updated, or if he was just BS-ing, but I am just glad that I was still able to get my order in. Lease on my F150 is up in August, hopefully itll be ready before then, but I am not holding my breath.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Was just at the Dealer an hour ago finalizing my order for a BL+BL, and not sure if one of the other guys was trying to blow smoke, but someone mentioned that TOMORROW 4/13 is now the last day for orders.

Not sure if this got updated, or if he was just BS-ing, but I am just glad that I was still able to get my order in. Lease on my F150 is up in August, hopefully itll be ready before then, but I am not holding my breath.
At this point I would not be shocked. If inventory is tight and materials to build are being sucked up...moving back a couple days isn't crazy. I have a lease ending in June, ordered on March 26, and my dealer is still confident I should be OK. Even went so far as to say if it's late, I can turn in the lease to their dealer (different brand considered a conquest take) and he'd loan me a car until the Bronco is ready.

Gunther706

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
At this point I would not be shocked. If inventory is tight and materials to build are being sucked up...moving back a couple days isn't crazy. I have a lease ending in June, ordered on March 26, and my dealer is still confident I should be OK. Even went so far as to say if it's late, I can turn in the lease to their dealer (different brand considered a conquest take) and he'd loan me a car until the Bronco is ready.
I'm in almost the same situation with my Fusion due back back in June, with the BL+BL ordered on 2/24 with no build date yet...I've been told I'll be able to extend the lease 3-6 months, but I was hoping to avoid that...

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands

IceCapades, one of the moderators over BlueOvalForums.com, is confirming that the last date for these orders is now end of business today, 4/13. He seems to work for one of the production facilities at Ford, and is the source of all my updates for my Production Week Scheduling thread.

Davenorton

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BadLands/Badlands trim Black over rapid red.
I got a build date email from ford of the week of June 24 th.
No vin # was attached or referenced.
Am I missing something?
Bl/Bl , in red, tow pack, cargo management table basic nav/ coms system

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I got a build date email from ford of the week of June 24 th.
No vin # was attached or referenced.
Am I missing something?
Bl/Bl , in red, tow pack, cargo management table basic nav/ coms system
I never got any emails from Ford. My dealer supplied an order number. A couple weeks later I got another dealer email with build schedule and the VIN. Your dealer can supply it, I'd guess they have one if you have a schedule date.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
Was in the process of ordering our badlands today and the salesman confirmed today was the last day to build. While we were getting ready to finalize another dealer called me with the exact spec we were going to order ready to go on their lot. Apparently the guy who ordered it never showed up and wont return their calls. Put the deposit down and get it Monday.
Sponsored