Ordered and (patiently) waiting ... like many others

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I ordered a 2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks 3 weeks ago and was told, at the time, that I'd be looking at approximately 10 weeks for delivery. Reading through this forum, it seems that may be optimistic. Still holding out hope of having it by the end of March, but who knows - especially after reading today that supply issues will result in several factories being shut down.

While waiting, I thought I'd ask a few questions here:

1. I'm already getting the $500 First Responder discount but I also noted the $1000 offer and have sent a screenshot to my dealer. Any other incentives that may be available? They said I couldn't double up with the First Responder and the Military discounts.

2. Is it possible to have the 360 camera which is available on the Badlands model on the Outer Banks? Even if it has to be done aftermarket, is it prewired and/or the screen capable of handling it? Don't need the off-road capabilities, but would love to have that camera system if possible.

3. Is there anything, in particular, I should be looking at when inspecting upon pickup? I have seen where other people advised things were missing (engine covers, floor mats, etc). Anything else would be greatly appreciated. Scratches, dents, etc are easy to look for, it's the things like these I may overlook and not realize until I get home an hour later.
Sponsored

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I ordered a 2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks 3 weeks ago and was told, at the time, that I'd be looking at approximately 10 weeks for delivery. Reading through this forum, it seems that may be optimistic. Still holding out hope of having it by the end of March, but who knows - especially after reading today that supply issues will result in several factories being shut down.

1. I'm already getting the $500 First Responder discount but I also noted the $1000 offer and have sent a screenshot to my dealer. Any other incentives that may be available? They said I couldn't double up with the First Responder and the Military discounts.

2. Is it possible to have the 360 camera which is available on the Badlands model on the Outer Banks? Even if it has to be done aftermarket, is it prewired and/or the screen capable of handling it? Don't need the off-road capabilities, but would love to have that camera system if possible.

3. Is there anything, in particular, I should be looking at when inspecting upon pickup? I have seen where other people advised things were missing (engine covers, floor mats, etc). Anything else would be greatly appreciated. Scratches, dents, etc are easy to look for, it's the things like these I may overlook and not realize until I get home an hour later.
Quickest turnaround I’ve seen is just over three months.

It seems like there’s so much randomness that goes into what happens. It’s hard up say how your luck will go

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/has-anyone-installed-a-front-camera.4847/. This is the last thread I recall about trying to put the front camera in the OB. But it doesn’t seem there was an answer found to putting the factory cam in. I think it’s too bad Ford doesn’t put this camera in more trims. Along with front parking sensors.
I imagine those will soon be mandatory passive safety items like parking sensors, And I think the European market already requires cameras?

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I imagine those will soon be mandatory passive safety items like parking sensors, And I think the European market already requires cameras?
Quite probably, I mean why not add to the backup cam. Of course it all adds cost. They could well be mandatory in Europe, though I wasn’t able to find anything to suggest that more than just backup cams are mandatory.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
It's nice to see the Bronco Sport is now eligible for the First Responder discount. It was excluded in the previous offer.

Groot

First Name
Delila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat

Curious, did you order Matts? If not there's a good chance you won't get any
Also you will get the $1000 rebate but the month it arrives, there's a good chance you get first responder Or military but not both, you can't combine them

OP
OP

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
No, I didn't order mats. The dealer already told me the First Responder and Military discounts couldn't be combined. Would've been nice, but I'll take what I can get.

My original build date email stated the week of April 25. I then got one stating the week of April 18. I got another this past week and was afraid to open it assuming it would be bounced back to the 25th (or later). Pleasantly surprised to see it gave me the week of April 11. Soooo anxious to get her.

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
No, I didn't order mats. The dealer already told me the First Responder and Military discounts couldn't be combined. Would've been nice, but I'll take what I can get.

My original build date email stated the week of April 25. I then got one stating the week of April 18. I got another this past week and was afraid to open it assuming it would be bounced back to the 25th (or later). Pleasantly surprised to see it gave me the week of April 11. Soooo anxious to get her.
Us as well. Now a 4-11 build from a 5-2