Order Status on Ford's site

• Thread starter Deleted member 2781
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6
OP
OP

Deleted member 2781

Just following up on my original post. Today I received what you did below, Magicbus. I had emailed my dealer over the weekend about confirming some things and changing to the steelies/235's.

This morning I received the below email from Ford that my order is confirmed. Dealer called me about my questions and I said you must have JUST done something because I got the email from Ford and he said yes, we just successfully got all pending orders pushed to Ford (apparently they weren't able to last week).

So what you stated is accurate and what I suspected should happen was also correct. It hadn't happened yet because while the dealer had entered the order locally, it wasn't received by Ford yet. So to anyone else wondering - yes, you do get a second emailfrom Ford and your My Reservations page updates accordingly.

Also - the cross-bars are currently listed by Ford as late availability to be installed by dealer and they are not currently on the order. Dealer said it may show up with them he doesn't know as Ford doesn't tell them, but as of today - it's listed as dealer-installed.

Then a few minutes after being converted to an order I received this email:

Ford Bronco Sport Order Status on Ford's site order confirmed.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 2781

I'm sure Granger Ford can confirm but I suspect they would. And even if they aren't, it wouldn't really matter because if the order isn't entered, you aren't on the hook for anything. Whenever the dealer contacts you to go over the order you could just say you canceled it.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
If I cancel an online reservation before confirming the order with the dealer is the dealer notified that it is cancelled?
I actually saw it first when I cancelled my FE. My dealer cancelled and told me she was going to contact their Ford rep to "make sure it was cancelled". When I saw it cancelled on my Ford account site (no email received from Ford about the cancel) I emailed the dealer and she confirmed it and converted my new Badlands reservation into an order.

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I actually saw it first when I cancelled my FE. My dealer cancelled and told me she was going to contact their Ford rep to "make sure it was cancelled". When I saw it cancelled on my Ford account site (no email received from Ford about the cancel) I emailed the dealer and she confirmed it and converted my new Badlands reservation into an order.
I just clicked cancel through my Ford account. The dealer never contacted me. I am in Canada so maybe the process is a bit different here. I will likely wait until I can see them on the lot and make a more informed choice.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure Granger Ford can confirm but I suspect they would. And even if they aren't, it wouldn't really matter because if the order isn't entered, you aren't on the hook for anything. Whenever the dealer contacts you to go over the order you could just say you canceled it.
If they DIO and not ordered on the vehicle then they will not come with the vehicle...

I have some that are being delayed because of options or color that are late availability...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
I just clicked cancel through my Ford account. The dealer never contacted me. I am in Canada so maybe the process is a bit different here. I will likely wait until I can see them on the lot and make a more informed choice.
If the dealership has not completed the order then it will sit, with you in control of it until it is completed...

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My status says "In Store Order" and has dealer contact info, so I assume my dealer placed the order directly when I contacted them about a month ago.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
My status says "In Store Order" and has dealer contact info, so I assume my dealer placed the order directly when I contacted them about a month ago.

As long as you gave them the options , color etc you were wanting they probably did...

My only question is what did you negotiate on price?

That is when you get it all in writing so there is no misunderstanding on delivery...

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
As long as you gave them the options , color etc you were wanting they probably did...

My only question is what did you negotiate on price?

That is when you get it all in writing so there is no misunderstanding on delivery...
Yes, I did get a Preview Order with an Order Code and Priority Code and Worksheet with pricing in writing. Price is X-Plan for me. It's just weird that the Ford website labeled it as "In Store Order". Does all that mean now I'm just in line and need to wait my turn? Too bad I'm not in Iowa. I wish my dealer was as communicative as you!

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I did get a Preview Order with an Order Code and Priority Code and Worksheet with pricing in writing. Price is X-Plan for me. It's just weird that the Ford website labeled it as "In Store Order". Does all that mean now I'm just in line and need to wait my turn? Too bad I'm not in Iowa. I wish my dealer was as communicative as you!
Perfect, just making sure that the price was discussed...

X plan is a great price as well...

I have many in the B6G side that want us to buy dealerships all over the country...

The problem with that is we would be paying interest on the places and that would increase Zach's overhead..

I like the owned part of our store makes many decisions easier for him...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
hmm and what happens if I decide just reserve a second time? Is there any pot negative?

If you cancel the order is will notify that the order has been cancelled...

There is no negative unless the dealer orders both in your name...

However you are not obligated to the order(s) unless you sign for them...
Sponsored