hunterrob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Hi all,

I have had a pretty absurd experience so far trying to get a BS. Curious if people think I should just order or wait for inventory...

Background -
Attempt #1, I had a carbonized gray OB reserved back in December, I didn’t order/build one but rather asked the dealer to watch out for them and give me a call if one comes available. He told me this one was arriving and had no customer so I jumped on it, color and trim I wanted so all good. It was delivered just after Christmas. I go to the dealer, test drive, sign the paperwork, about to walk out the door and manager catches me and says they can’t sell that vehicle, they were just told it is a demo.
Attempt #2 (yesterday), I had another dealer watching and they called me saying a BL was coming in that had no customer yet. This dealer is like an hour away so I asked her to please verify it was truly for sale, she verified it was on 2 separate calls! Hopped in an Uber and was 20 min down the road when she called back and said it was a retail order. So I turned around. Absurd.

I’m looking for a BL+BL or OB in Cactus gray, carbonized gray or A51. Black/Brown interior.

Should I just order at this point? I feel like I’m always just a few days away from one popping up but seems I’m always let down. Plenty of Big Bends and Base models available but not wanting to settle at this point.

I would appreciate any thoughts!
Sponsored

Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Hi all,

I have had a pretty absurd experience so far trying to get a BS. Curious if people think I should just order or wait for inventory...

Background -
Attempt #1, I had a carbonized gray OB reserved back in December, I didn’t order/build one but rather asked the dealer to watch out for them and give me a call if one comes available. He told me this one was arriving and had no customer so I jumped on it, color and trim I wanted so all good. It was delivered just after Christmas. I go to the dealer, test drive, sign the paperwork, about to walk out the door and manager catches me and says they can’t sell that vehicle, they were just told it is a demo.
Attempt #2 (yesterday), I had another dealer watching and they called me saying a BL was coming in that had no customer yet. This dealer is like an hour away so I asked her to please verify it was truly for sale, she verified it was on 2 separate calls! Hopped in an Uber and was 20 min down the road when she called back and said it was a retail order. So I turned around. Absurd.

I’m looking for a BL+BL or OB in Cactus gray, carbonized gray or A51. Black/Brown interior.

Should I just order at this point? I feel like I’m always just a few days away from one popping up but seems I’m always let down. Plenty of Big Bends and Base models available but not wanting to settle at this point.

I would continue to search dealer inventory. That’s how I purchased my OB. I did have a BB on order since August. Got tired of waiting as build date continued to get delayed. Started to look at local dealers and found an OB with OB package. Exactly what I wanted.
Good Luck. Once you get it, you’ll love it.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado

Ordering is the sure-fire way to get exactly what you want. The best deal would be had waiting for some inventory to gather and pick from stock, once there some available optioned as you want.

The recent inventory slump and supply-chain issues are both holiday-related and due to Covid. Many automobile OEM suppliers have multi-week holiday plant shutdowns as might some of the transportation infrastructure. The dealer inventories will pickup moving forward.

As for your situation, It all depends on your needs and patience, and not unlike the Fast/Good/Cheap Iron Triangle.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
I always order. I don't even check to see what's on the dealer lot. I order exactly what I want and wouldn't have it any other way. The dealer then checks to see if there is a vehicle fitting my order in the pipeline that they can claim but so far every time it's gone to factory order. If I'm gonna pay the price for a new vehicle, I'm gonna get it the way I want it.

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hi all,

Background -

Unless you are in a rush for some reason, order exactly what you want. Give yourself some predictability.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi all,

Background -

A local dealer to me has one, if you’re from DC its about 3.5 hours North of you. I believe they accept xplan.
https://www.nazareth-ford.net/new-Nazareth-2021-Ford-Bronco+Sport-Badlands-3FMCR9D95MRA04093

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
OP
OP

hunterrob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
“Do both” is an interesting idea. I guess I thought I heard there was something like a non refundable deposit when you order. Is they not true?

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
“Do both” is an interesting idea. I guess I thought I heard there was something like a non refundable deposit when you order. Is they not true?
Yeah it should be fully refundable. Most dealers feel that if you don't buy the car you ordered, then they can easily sell it to someone else right now.

If you're willing to have a slightly used car, another idea is to go back to your first dealership and ask about buying the Outer Banks you almost bought once the demo period is over. Might be worth calling and asking how soon it will be eligible for sale, as they usually have to keep them for a certain number of miles or months, whatever comes first. Hell, maybe if you tell them you definitely want it and put down a deposit to reserve it, maybe, just maybe, they might let you take it for some extended test drives to help expedite the process. If it was the perfect car, (right color, had the accessories you want) that might actually be faster than ordering a new one, and they should give you a discount on it.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Those guys are charging $2500 over MSRP, basically charging for the accessories twice. Check out the window sticker, its $37940 total including accessories and delivery fee, then the dealership is charging $2500 for "additional accessories."
Yeah, taking full advantage of supply and demand. The dealer did accept Xplan on BS last I checked , if so that would nix the absurd markup.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
The only money I have in my order is the original $100 reserve with Ford. It's refundable. I'd make sure to check with your dealer. My OB is due in soon.

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Audi RS5, Ford F-250
You never know! We we’re going to buy a base model, or Big Bend we saw walking around waiting for our oil change on Saturday l and went in Monday to buy one, and they just rolled a BN Outer Banks onto the showroom floor from a cancelled special order and we fell in love and bought it instead.
Another local dealer got in two FE’s from cancelled orders. So you never know.

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I've never ordered a vehicle.
Mine was the first one in the county.
Base model, has plenty of features for me, I've yet to want something the other models have BUT
I did add factory Rubber Floor mats, Cargo deck mat and Mud flaps Installed for under $288 by using my Ford rewards points and this spring IF It's in stock the Tow package or I'll wait.

Hey It was the Murdered out Shadow Black with the Black Bronco badging front and rear, I dig that!
In the last month they've sold ten more that came in, have two silver ones left.
But no one has seen a Black one yet :p
I Like my Black Base model.
Soon to have Black steel wheels, Steel Is real right !
A month later and I'm still Stoked ~~

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Audi RS5, Ford F-250
I've never ordered a vehicle.
Mine was the first one in the county.
Base model, has plenty of features for me, I've yet to want something the other models have BUT
I did add factory Rubber Floor mats, Cargo deck mat and Mud flaps Installed for under $288 by using my Ford rewards points and this spring IF It's in stock the Tow package or I'll wait.

Hey It was the Murdered out Shadow Black with the Black Bronco badging front and rear, I dig that!
In the last month they've sold ten more that came in, have two silver ones left.
But no one has seen a Black one yet :p
I Like my Black Base model.
Soon to have Black steel wheels, Steel Is real right !
A month later and I'm still Stoked ~~
Yea, we went in for a black one as well (very sharp and still like it). But went for the several options my wife liked...heated seats & steering wheel and a few others.
I‘m really happy with the 1.5 as well, zero complaints with it. I thought I might be disappointed coming from a long list of fast cars, and while it’s not a speed demon in comparison, it’s got plenty of power for me.
Looking to customize it with different wheels maybe, but having a hard time finding any as it’s to new! Waiting for a couple of quotes.
Sponsored