Order or Wait for Dealer Inventory?

Allusium7

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV, Sports Car
Hi all,

I have had a pretty absurd experience so far trying to get a BS. Curious if people think I should just order or wait for inventory...

Background -
Attempt #1, I had a carbonized gray OB reserved back in December, I didn’t order/build one but rather asked the dealer to watch out for them and give me a call if one comes available. He told me this one was arriving and had no customer so I jumped on it, color and trim I wanted so all good. It was delivered just after Christmas. I go to the dealer, test drive, sign the paperwork, about to walk out the door and manager catches me and says they can’t sell that vehicle, they were just told it is a demo.
Attempt #2 (yesterday), I had another dealer watching and they called me saying a BL was coming in that had no customer yet. This dealer is like an hour away so I asked her to please verify it was truly for sale, she verified it was on 2 separate calls! Hopped in an Uber and was 20 min down the road when she called back and said it was a retail order. So I turned around. Absurd.

I’m looking for a BL+BL or OB in Cactus gray, carbonized gray or A51. Black/Brown interior.

Should I just order at this point? I feel like I’m always just a few days away from one popping up but seems I’m always let down. Plenty of Big Bends and Base models available but not wanting to settle at this point.

I would appreciate any thoughts!

Rob, I just came here to say this. Exact same thing just happened to me. I'm so disappointed in the management right now. How can more than one dealership allow this to happen? I don't really want to order, because I'm way to fickle.

I hope you found one!
Sponsored

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Dealerships are the worst. No business model deserves to be replaced by internet technology more. It’s better than it used to be but not by much.