On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
Naturally, the dealer said “come pick it up, we can’t find anything”. Their method of diagnosing the issue was to drive another car. So, if you have a rotten egg, and it smells just like another rotten egg, then it must be normal for eggs to smell rotten. Who is hungry for some Green Eggs and Ham?

I even gave them the TSB which clearly states a very simple method of diagnosis, which they immediately ignored: disconnect the manual park release cable, and see if the noise goes away. Probably takes far less time than road testing an unrelated car. I have DM’ed @Ford Motor Company.

For reference, here is the TSB. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10203885-0001.pdf

Bardoon

Outer Banks
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2022
Finally took mine in for the hissing and scraping noises. I couldn't reproduce the scraping sound (of course!) when the tech rode along but he did say the hiss was abnormal.

I had thought to drive a little further to get it to dealer A who had diagnosed an elusive issue with my Transit 250, but instead took it to dealer B where I bought the BS. Glad I did, because the tech told me several of the techs from dealer A (including the one who had diagnosed my T250) had moved to his shop.
I have the hissing as well. Still working with the dealer to identify it. Have you had any updates? My dealer noted it but couldn't identify where it was coming from and whether it was abnormal. They got some Bronco Sports in this week so we're going to try test driving some other ones.

I've read a lot of places that it is 'normal' function of the turbo 1.5 L engine and that the Bronco Sports are a little 'hissier' than other Ford cars with the same/similar engine.

My hissing hasn't gotten worse, but it hasn't gotten much better.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
I did disconnect the manual park release cable as detailed in the TSB, it has not changed the hissing. The scraping noise at downshift seems to have been eliminated, although it was not doing it the day I brought it in for service either.

SoCal310

Outer Banks
First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2022
[I deleted my original post since I had an update. Sorry.]

I have a BS 2022 (built January 2022) OB trim.
-Just like the others on this thread, my vehicle makes grinding and clunking sounds during acceleration and deceleration.

I originally went to the dealership with videos and suggestions of possible culprits (transmission and manual brake). I dropped of the vehicle and they had 3 techs do a test drive. They determined the sounds were normal. I asked if they checked the manual brake and said they said there was no problem with it.

I went to pick-up my vehicle and asked if I can have a ride along with a tech. The tech acknowledged the sounds and determined that I need a new transmission. I will update this post once the new transmission is installed with a picture of the paperwork in case it can help someone else.

***UPDATE***

Dealership replaced my transmission. They determined that they "...found transmission doing erratic shifts".

Last edited:

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this Bronco concern on my end.
Not a Bronco Sport, but I would like to reach out to you about the cameras (Blue Screen of death) on my 2020 Explorer ST that my dealership won't fix....

SoCal310

Outer Banks
First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2022
Not a Bronco Sport, but I would like to reach out to you about the cameras (Blue Screen of death) on my 2020 Explorer ST that my dealership won't fix....
Is it a 360 camera? If so, there is a recall.* I am sorry your dealership is giving you a difficult time.

*I don't know if there is a recall on the non 360 cameras.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
Is it a 360 camera? If so, there is a recall.* I am sorry your dealership is giving you a difficult time.

*I don't know if there is a recall on the non 360 cameras.
It is and they have done the recall software upgrade and it still does it. They won't call Ford or replace the module or cameras. #IdiotsTheyAre

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
I live in Brazil and I have a BS with only 1,200km and at 1,500rpm it makes grinding noise, follow the video, I'm stopped and keeping the spin at 1,500rpm, has anyone had any information on how to solve it?

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
My wife's BB+BB has the exact same noise. Only at low "parking lot" speeds at around 1500 rpm or so. She has about 600 or miles on it.
Interesting it's being heard with the BL with the 2.0. I was thinking it was maybe a characteristic of the 1.5 I3. Apparently happening with the 2.0 as well. Leads me to think it's not an engine issue as the 2.0 and 1.5 are very different.

Anyone else with same issue?
mine is a 2.0 and look at the noise it makes keeping the 1,500rpm, walking or stopped makes the noise

SoCal310

Outer Banks
First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2022
It is and they have done the recall software upgrade and it still does it. They won't call Ford or replace the module or cameras. #IdiotsTheyAre
I'd call the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673. Have them create a case number and request for it to be escalated. Once you do this, someone in Ford will look into the matter internally and your dealership will receive the complaint in real-time.

When you call, provide them with a timeline of events so when Ford reviews it, they can see that the dealership has been less than helpful in solving your issue.

Good Luck!

Rumanchoo

Big Bend
First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My BB makes the noise. I’ll get it looked at eventually….my dealer has already asked if I wanted the service bulletin on it looked at. I like this vehicle enough that I don’t allow the noise to bother me and even if it isn’t fixed I will continue to enjoy it. In fact I would buy it again. The vehicle is good, Ford not fixing or finding the real issue is the real problem.

Deleted member 6961

Just waiting on Ford to ever take this issue seriously....until then, planning on selling this 2022 tractor-sounding embarrassment if anyone wants a car that grinds and makes odd noises at the lowest of speeds: Keywords: grinding crunching scraping

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Just waiting on Ford to ever take this issue seriously....until then, planning on selling this 2022 tractor-sounding embarrassment if anyone wants a car that grinds and makes odd noises at the lowest of speeds: Keywords: grinding crunching scraping
It almost sounds like the fake engine noise ? Check that out ?

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... 749068BF-5D61-4D9F-B10B-2864FDF68131