On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
A funny thing happened on the way to drop my baby at the service dept for tranny testing today... Went to plug my phone into the USB-c and POP! then static... Thought I blew my whole sound system/speakers out, but it was just SiriusXM... still a bummer.
So... added that to the list to fix as well as: to look at why my low windshield washer fluid light goes on and off randomly and why sometimes there's a loud popping noise that comes from the steering column.
Anyway, hope this doesn't take them long because I "get" to drive a rental Toyota Corolla in the meantime. It makes me feel so perfectly ordinary ??.
They put you in a corolla? Dog that shit out. Wtf putting you in that. I had a F150 with some electrical gremlins, hope that doesn’t happen to you. I ended up selling it. To my brother ha!
Sponsored

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
A funny thing happened on the way to drop my baby at the service dept for tranny testing today... Went to plug my phone into the USB-c and POP! then static... Thought I blew my whole sound system/speakers out, but it was just SiriusXM... still a bummer.
So... added that to the list to fix as well as: to look at why my low windshield washer fluid light goes on and off randomly and why sometimes there's a loud popping noise that comes from the steering column.
Anyway, hope this doesn't take them long because I "get" to drive a rental Toyota Corolla in the meantime. It makes me feel so perfectly ordinary ??.
Sorry to hear you’re having so many issues. I still have faith it’ll be a good vehicle. How’s your driver seat doing? I feel like I’ve lost most of my support on the window side while the console side remains firm. I can really feel it on the turns, sinking more into my left side than my right side and it’s starting to mess up my back. I don’t get either sensation from the passenger seat. Feels pretty comfortable there. Service told me to try and wear it out more so we can get a replacement covered. They agreed I had an issue with the seat.

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
They put you in a corolla? Dog that shit out. Wtf putting you in that. I had a F150 with some electrical gremlins, hope that doesn’t happen to you. I ended up selling it. To my brother ha!
Yes, let's all knock on some wood that this is the extent of the issues!
And I should be grateful to get a loaner at all I guess, but, it's kind of the worst.

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Sorry to hear you’re having so many issues. I still have faith it’ll be a good vehicle. How’s your driver seat doing? I feel like I’ve lost most of my support on the window side while the console side remains firm. I can really feel it on the turns, sinking more into my left side than my right side and it’s starting to mess up my back. I don’t get either sensation from the passenger seat. Feels pretty comfortable there. Service told me to try and wear it out more so we can get a replacement covered. They agreed I had an issue with the seat.
No seat issues at all in mine, still just as comfy as the day I got it. I'm surprised that they won't just replace it now even though they agree there's a problem?! I might get a little pushier with them if it was my seat.
I still have faith in it too, I love driving it and miss it terribly. ?

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
Oh wow. after reading this whole thread it seems like all the issues are in a particular build date range. Mine was built in early December and has only the tiniest fluttery noise at 1500- 1800 rpm. when the engine is cold. But to me, it just sounds like the turbo spooling up and down. Everything is solid as a tank on mine with no issues at all. I wish everyone luck!

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
No seat issues at all in mine, still just as comfy as the day I got it. I'm surprised that they won't just replace it now even though they agree there's a problem?! I might get a little pushier with them if it was my seat.
I still have faith in it too, I love driving it and miss it terribly. ?
I was thinking the same thing if they are acknowledging that there’s a problem I’m kind of stupefied as to why they wouldn’t just replace it. I myself and I’m sure you all have as well, driven cars that were 20 years old and not have a seat do that.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Update: I have the grrrrrr noise at 1500 RPM and 5-10 mph.

I took my Bronco Sport to a dealer yesterday and had a technician ride shotgun. I was able to consistently replicate the noise while driving around a nearby parking lot. Right after hearing it, two separate techs said it sounded like the transmission pump. According to them, this happens on late model F-150s with 10-speed autos and is expected.

In the other 'noise' thread, @Midgiesbronco also said it sounded like the transmission pump.

Next steps: I'm going to take it to a larger dealer in the region that might have more experience (to the extent possible) with Bronco Sports, such as what is and isn't normal or expected noises. Since I have neither a 10-speed auto or F-150, I wasn't satisfied with the first dealer -- I got the impression that they've seen enough F-150s over the years with similar noises that are 'expected' that they didn't want to bother.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
[/QUOTE]

I According to them, this happens on late model F-150s with 10-speed autos and is expected.

In the other 'noise' thread, @Midgiesbronco also said it sounded like the transmission pump.

[/QUOTE]

Well I have a 2018 F150 with a 10 speed and it makes no such noises.
When they replaced the transmission in the BS they thought it was the transmission pump. Why they replaced the entire transmission and not just the part I don’t know. Thinking maybe Ford wanted the core back for testing.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
That was my thought when you posted you got a new transmission -- probably worth it for Ford to examine.

Now that I have a likely cause, I want to get the transmission pump replaced before Ford comes out with a "lol this is expected tough ****" service bulletin for the Bronco Sport. I'll set that expectation when I schedule an appointment at the larger dealer.

Midgiesbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

I According to them, this happens on late model F-150s with 10-speed autos and is expected.

[/QUOTE]

Well I have a 2018 F150 with a 10 speed and it makes no such noises.
When they replaced the transmission in the BS they thought it was the transmission pump. Why they replaced the entire transmission and not just the part I don’t know. Thinking maybe Ford wanted the core back for testing.
[/QUOTE]
A pump whine is not usually the cause of the problem, it's merely what's making itself vocal due to another problem. Trans pump noise issues are usually caused from a failing torque converter lock up clutch, possible metal going through the unit scoring the pump gears creating that whine/cavitation noise and the 8spd auto in our B/S due not have a pan to drop and easy to replace filter that can be cut apart and inspected for metal like the 10spd in the F series.

Juanchoch

Badlands
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hello all.
I have the same issues all of you are having. I have a badlands and experience the same grrrr noise around 10 miles per hour at low rpms. I took it to the dealer because of the loud noise from the engine with hood open and the dealer said it was normal for an eco boost. And get this he said if they were to look at it and didn’t find anything they would have to charge me 1 hour labor. I also experienced the drivers seat not as comfortable as passenger and seems to be softer on door side. I have video of noise that I am attaching for you to hear.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
Hello all.
I have the same issues all of you are having. I have a badlands and experience the same grrrr noise around 10 miles per hour at low rpms. I took it to the dealer because of the loud noise from the engine with hood open and the dealer said it was normal for an eco boost. And get this he said if they were to look at it and didn’t find anything they would have to charge me 1 hour labor. I also experienced the drivers seat not as comfortable as passenger and seems to be softer on door side. I have video of noise that I am attaching for you to hear.
I have a 2.0 EB in wife's now daughter's 2013 Escape with 190k on it. It makes no such noises. Same with the 2.7 EB in my 2018 F150.
You need to try another a dealer and/or call Ford customer service in regards to the dealer who said they would charge you to investigate a potentially warrantable issue. I've never heard of such a thing.
When was your build date? It seems many are having this issue with builds mid/late March into early April.

fontzmark

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport First Edition
Had mine in this morning for an oil change and to check the noise, told them about the issues reported here. I guess they could not replicate the noise or determined it's normal, no alerts, notices or anything from ford. On to the next dealer I guess.

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... invoice