MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Any chance anyone can point out the difference between the on vs off-road cross bars? From the photos on Ford’s parts site, they look essentially the same. I had ordered crossbars for my BB+BB but it was delivered without them as it appears to be the case with many others.

If anyone has photos they can post of their Ford crossbars that would be great if you could do that and specify if they are on or off road. Thanks in advance!
Ford Bronco Sport On-Road vs Off-Road Crossbars? 55BEAF37-FBE8-43BC-BBA0-CC35DAAB82D3

Ford Bronco Sport On-Road vs Off-Road Crossbars? F75EC12D-1DD4-43FB-B7E7-53833C5B3702
Sponsored

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Base, Big Bend, and Outer Banks have a slightly different roof rack from the Badlands and First Edition. Checkout the profile pics on the Ford website. In the description on the Ford Accessories web page: “Two styles available, one fits Base, Big Bend and Outer Banks trim, the other has a taller profile designed specifically for Badlands and 1st Edition trim”.

So, the answer appears to be the trim level of the Bronco Sport Determines which one to order. On Road for Base, BB & OB; Off Road for BL & FE.

OP
OP
MattH88

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Base, Big Bend, and Outer Banks have a slightly different roof rack from the Badlands and First Edition. Checkout the profile pics on the Ford website. In the description on the Ford Accessories web page: “Two styles available, one fits Base, Big Bend and Outer Banks trim, the other has a taller profile designed specifically for Badlands and 1st Edition trim”.

So, the answer appears to be the trim level of the Bronco Sport Determines which one to order. On Road for Base, BB & OB; Off Road for BL & FE.
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I wonder if the taller height of the bars has something to do with the moonroof.

OP
OP
MattH88

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I wonder if the taller height of the bars has something to do with the moonroof.
I have a moonroof on my BB+BB, so I doubt that's the case.

NotAnonymous

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Interestingly, the Yakima off-road version has disappeared on the B&P... unfortunately. It was still there as of yesterday (1/11/21).

Last edited:

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
So by definition, the Base, Big Bend, & Outer Banks are on-road vehicles? :frown:

Last edited:

NotAnonymous

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
Ahh, interesting - appreciate that. Not sure why all of the Yakima accessories suddenly disappeared from the B&P, but as I know from the big Bronco B&P, hard to rely upon that!
Those Yakima bars are spendy - but I'm pretty sure that's what I'm gonna go with.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Not related to moonroof as it’s common to all but base trim.

Just an educated guess, could it be related to center of gravity? Badlands and First Edition have more ground clearance and overall height Than the other trims.
Sponsored