Oil Separator for Ecoboost

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Using an oil separator is a great idea, unfortunately in some states like California they are not CARB approved and considered illegal, and are to be used offroad only.
I shouldn't say this but maybe if it was put in a syringe and injected it would be overlooked....oil separator illegal, it's just hard to believe!
Sponsored

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
anyone using a catch can - have you collected anything in it yet?

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was reading up on this. But then I found out California doesn't allow oil separators.

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
I have a seperator coming. Have one in my Mustang and had one on my 2.7L F150. The truck definitely collected oil.
We'll see how the Bronco does.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
I have a seperator coming. Have one in my Mustang and had one on my 2.7L F150. The truck definitely collected oil.
We'll see how the Bronco does.
Where'd you order from, how much please?

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
I was reading up on this. But then I found out California doesn't allow oil separators.
I'm planning to add one. At the smog inspection every two years they do a cursory look for obvious emission system modifications. Just to be safe I would just swap the system back to the original plumbing for the inspection, would not be difficult. The canister could be left in place but disconnected.

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
Where'd you order from, how much please?
You can get JLT ones direct from them. https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/jlt-3-0-oil-separator-2020-ford-escape-1-5l-eb-2021-ford-bronco-sport-1-5l-ebpassenger-side/

If you prefer amazon they have the satin one up. The black has been out of stock. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SJ4CZG9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lethal Performace also has them as well as the UPR ones. UPR is better quality (have one on my Mustang), but more money. They're all the same price everywhere. For the 1.5L. https://www.lethalperformance.com/shop-now/vehicle-selector/ford-2021-bronco-sport/engine/oil-separators-catch-cans