Off-Roading Poll

Have you driven your Bronco Sport Off-Road?

• Total voters

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Unfortunately not. One requires a good place in order to do so, not much of that where I'm at (west central Wisconsin).
Sponsored

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My son and I spent about 2 hours at Northwest OHV park, also called Bridgeport OHV and endeavor OHV. The first trail we went down was a blue trail, and we ultimately had to back out of it. I think with a good spotter I may have been able to make it.
The next trail we tried were green trail, and we backed out of those as well. It was rutted and I think I could have made it through that one as well had I aired down. the back axle was in one set of wet muddy ruts and didn't want to come out. Drug the skid plate slightly on the dirt between the ruts.
The third trail we got down a couple hundred feet without any issue, but came to a section where there were a lot of mud holes and someone stuck at the end of the line I could see, so we did a u turn and tucked tail on that one as well. we then found a couple trails down in the bottom of the quarry that we had no problems with.
even some 28degree ascents and descents that the BSFE just limbed right up. the front camera is helpful but not great.

Had a great time, some glad there are trails that will challenge me in the future, some disappointed that ground clearance is a significant limitation.

we also went most of the way up this 20' plus hill knowing we would not make it the whole way.
Ford Bronco Sport Off-Roading Poll IMG_1792.JPG

Dash when we stopped a couple feet from the top.
Ford Bronco Sport Off-Roading Poll IMG_1791 (2).JPG

the aftermath of a couple hours of fun.
Ford Bronco Sport Off-Roading Poll IMG_1796.JPG

Deleted member 2781

Here in NH we call'em "class 6" roads. Went down an easy one. Impressed with the manuverability. Waiting on some new a/t tires for some more rugged trails.
I'm in Durham. Poked around the Shirking Road class 6 in the Epping/Fremont area a couple weeks ago. I guess it's not open until June or so. Need to read up on it more but had a little fun riding around some of the area outside it.

lbjailer

First Edition
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F150 Lariat 4X4, Bronco Sport First Edition
these trails were in big bear california, the ratings are actually for off-road / OHV. the ratings will be shown on a sign at the trail start and will show icons of an atv/ off-road vehicle. not necessarily mountain bike rating.
I ran 3N14 (Coxey truck trail), from Apple Valley to Fawnskin. A perfect match for the Badlands or First Edition which I have. Was a lot of fun.

Ford Bronco Sport Off-Roading Poll IMG_0015.JPG

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I'm in Durham. Poked around the Shirking Road class 6 in the Epping/Fremont area a couple weeks ago. I guess it's not open until June or so. Need to read up on it more but had a little fun riding around some of the area outside it.
Nice.
Most are closed off until the summer months because of conservation land. I've been around the Kearsarge area for a long time. Still trying to map them out and remember all the ones I used to hit in high school.

Delfim Brazil

Badlands
First Name
DELFIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO SPORT
I found the limits of the clearance in a few places. Definitely want a better skid plate before doing more rocky trails. Will probably get out in the sand some more though.
What you mean "better skid plats" the original steel one are not good enough?

Also I am looking for to buy the follow read part in steel. Do you know where I can buy It?
Thanks
Ford Bronco Sport Off-Roading Poll Bronco Sport Front Under Bumper

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
What you mean "better skid plats" the original steel one are not good enough?

Also I am looking for to buy the follow read part in steel. Do you know where I can buy It?
Thanks
Ford Bronco Sport Off-Roading Poll Bronco Sport Front Under Bumper
Something like this.
Ford Bronco Sport Off-Roading Poll 1621348823650

Which Brent (on the left in this video) tells me will be available in late june from 4wp.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Yeah, something like that 4wp skid plate. Late June is good to hear. Maybe rock rails as well. The factory plates are good for the oil pan and gas tank, but the radiator is vulnerable, not to mention chewing up the bumper cover.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah, something like that 4wp skid plate. Late June is good to hear. Maybe rock rails as well. The factory plates are good for the oil pan and gas tank, but the radiator is vulnerable, not to mention chewing up the bumper cover.
Let us know if you find something

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yes, rock sliders are due at the same point. I got to climb under the Bronco Sport while they were setting up for the 4wp show at Dallas Market Hall. It used existing holes, so install looks super simple.

Siciliano

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang Convertible; 1986 Suzuki Jimny
Something like this.
Ford Bronco Sport Off-Roading Poll 1621348823650

Which Brent (on the left in this video) tells me will be available in late june from 4wp.

is that going to be compatible with the Big Bend edition? That would make me feel so much better about buying the cheaper model.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
is that going to be compatible with the Big Bend edition? That would make me feel so much better about buying the cheaper model.
I would imagine that anything other than engine and suspension will be universal across all models.

OP
OP
SirEd

SirEd

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks to everyone for responding to this poll. I am impressed that approximately 65% of you have been off-roading with your Bronco Sport. That is what it is built for.
This is the first vehicle I have driven off-road and I really enjoy it. Every trail I take is a little harder than the last and I am building skills with each drive. I follow the tracks of other drivers and make sure to drive on top of large rocks so I don't hit bottom.
For those of you who haven't been off-road yet I encourage you to try if you get a chance. If you feel unsure about doing it take a friend along who has done it or take a class.
Sponsored