No integrated map or navigation...wtf???

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Reasons to want non-cell phone coverage are simple. No coverage, no nav.
Not necessarily. You can download offline maps to your device with Google maps. You just have to do it before you're out of data coverage.

Google nav is ok at best...
I've found Google maps to be the most up-to-date most often of all the map options. Generally speaking, it's re-route options in the event of traffic have been very accurate for me. Just recently on a trip between Cincinnati and Saint Louis we ran into a bad accident on the interstate near a construction area. Google maps recommended an exit prior to reaching the jam, and routed us around the area on surface roads and state highways. That saved us a +1 hour wait for the accident to clear.

a Garmin nav system is better than any of the options out there anyways. Doing it again, that is what I would do.
I think it's more a matter of what you're used to. Garmin makes nice equipment; I used them for years in both cars and motorcycles. I still use Garmin for aviation navigation. But I've gotten so used to Google maps—especially the voice control part—that I don't think I would go back to a dedicated navigator in any of my vehicles. Having voice control and everything else on one screen using Android Auto allows me to minimize the time interacting with the system. That's a safety issue for me.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My dealership said that when I built the car online the website did not include the 360assist option

The Co-pilot360 assist+ was not offered on the website when I built my car. My dealership told me that for a certain time earlier in the year it was removed as an option because of the chip shortage.
I've never seen it not offered as well, but was told by my dealer last October, my chances were better getting it built and not sitting rotting in the sun if ordered without it. I didn't feel I needed it so I went without. I use Waze as my navigation. Plus, I'm old enough that I still can use a paper map and fold it back up the way it belongs. Seem like most folks on here would be more disappointed in the lack of ACC than the navigation.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've used the built in Nav system in my OB and find it works pretty well except the voice commands are kind of non intuitive so I had to make a list and memorize them.

The Apple maps work well for me as do the Google maps. I've tried Waze and it's not my cup of tea.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
The Apple maps work well for me as do the Google maps. I've tried Waze and it's not my cup of tea.
The vibe I get from Waze is that it's just trying to keep you moving so it doesn't seem as long - once used it and it was taking me through parking lots and neighborhoods, which didn't end up saving me any time in the end but DID keep my car moving and not sitting in a short traffic jam.

Mpawelko

Badlands
First Name
Mikr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Here is my solution. Get a wireless car play adapter. Download Sygic app which uses maps stored on your phone and gps location from your phone. I downloaded all of us and eastern Canada and it took 9 gb of space on my phone. App is available through car play. You end up with a nav system with easily updated maps which works wireless and seamlessly through the touchscreen for a cost of about $100 for a car play wireless adapter

Ksktoday

Big Bend
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I went through the same thing when I got mine. I saw it had 360 listed on the sticker and figured, oh cool I get navigation also. Turns out that's only with 360+, but with a yamaha android auto wireless adapter I don't see any reason why I would need it. There are other 360+ features I wouldn't mind having but the integrated navigation is usually crap. Also with the yamaha adapter (after figuring out my previous phone had issues) the experience has been almost flawless.
Where can I get the Yamaha adapter?

mdwheaton

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So I just found out that my brand new BS Badlands with premium package and basically every option available does NOT have built in navigation/map with the touch screen (because of chip shortgage), and according to my dealer was built in a way that even when they finally have the chips available they can NOT update the system...so my car will never have built in navigation...are you f-ing kidding me???
Apparently when I ordered mine earlier this year, they did not have the chips, and so took the ford co-pilot360 assist off the website as an option, but left the ford co-pilot360 terminology as included in my base build...which I assumed must be the map/navigation. This is unbelievable and as frustrating as could be...and worse yet strikes me as one of the dumbest decisions a car co could make. Fine you have a chip shortage, BUT design and build your touchscreen system in a way that you can add navigation once the chips are available in the future
Ford's navigation blows chunks anyway. :)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The vibe I get from Waze is that it's just trying to keep you moving so it doesn't seem as long - once used it and it was taking me through parking lots and neighborhoods, which didn't end up saving me any time in the end but DID keep my car moving and not sitting in a short traffic jam.
The algorithm does seem a bit suspect. Heading into Chicago, I80/I94 were backed up for miles. It had me get off and take a series of backroads and then get back on. It worked and I cleared the mess but when I got home I looked at the map and thought they must not know how to drive straight. Maybe it was the fastest but I was on more streets in a 10 mile stretch than I have been on in years!

Sig Oris

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BSOB
I've never seen it not offered as well, but was told by my dealer last October, my chances were better getting it built and not sitting rotting in the sun if ordered without it. I didn't feel I needed it so I went without. I use Waze as my navigation. Plus, I'm old enough that I still can use a paper map and fold it back up the way it belongs. Seem like most folks on here would be more disappointed in the lack of ACC than the navigation.
And the both of us can still tell time on an analog timepiece 😜

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How can I tell if I have the 360+?
Do you have sensors in your bumper? Do you have adaptive cruise control? Do you have built in navigation? I the answers are all yes, then you have 360+

thor52879

Badlands
First Name
Thor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands (Badlands package)
Do you have sensors in your bumper? Do you have adaptive cruise control? Do you have built in navigation? I the answers are all yes, then you have 360+
I guess I’m not sure what built in navigation means. Is that just maps when a phone isn’t plugged in? I have all the other stuff like the auto breaking/accelerating in cruise control and the lane assist.
Sponsored