No integrated map or navigation...wtf???

BadlandsinMI

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So I just found out that my brand new BS Badlands with premium package and basically every option available does NOT have built in navigation/map with the touch screen (because of chip shortgage), and according to my dealer was built in a way that even when they finally have the chips available they can NOT update the system...so my car will never have built in navigation...are you f-ing kidding me???
Apparently when I ordered mine earlier this year, they did not have the chips, and so took the ford co-pilot360 assist off the website as an option, but left the ford co-pilot360 terminology as included in my base build...which I assumed must be the map/navigation. This is unbelievable and as frustrating as could be...and worse yet strikes me as one of the dumbest decisions a car co could make. Fine you have a chip shortage, BUT design and build your touchscreen system in a way that you can add navigation once the chips are available in the future
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
So I just found out that my brand new BS Badlands with premium package and basically every option available does NOT have built in navigation/map with the touch screen (because of chip shortgage), and according to my dealer was built in a way that even when they finally have the chips available they can NOT update the system...so my car will never have built in navigation...are you f-ing kidding me???
Apparently when I ordered mine earlier this year, they did not have the chips, and so took the ford co-pilot360 assist off the website as an option, but left the ford co-pilot360 terminology as included in my base build...which I assumed must be the map/navigation. This is unbelievable and as frustrating as could be...and worse yet strikes me as one of the dumbest decisions a car co could make. Fine you have a chip shortage, BUT design and build your touchscreen system in a way that you can add navigation once the chips are available in the future
Don’t accept delivery and order another one with 360+ when 2023 order banks open

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
There's a lot of confusion in that post. Nothing to do with chip shortages beyond the shortages are making it hard to build features at the level of demand. I don't know what anyone told you but the built in nav is part of the 360+ option package. It doesn't matter what other packages you get, the 360+ option is what adds factory navigation. Ford makes it really hard because they call the basic, mandated driver assistance features "360" and call the optional upgrade tech "360+". Their website is awful at laying it all out because the plus features vary from vehicle to vehicle. Here is a basic list
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/ford-technology/driver-assist-features/what-is-co-pilot360/

You can't go back and add 360+ to built vehicles. There are bunches of missing hardware.

You're not out that much since you can use a carplay compatible nav system or add a dedicated device. There are a bunch of 360+ features but if the nav is your one big concern, it wasn't worth the price for that option.

AltoAlto

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
Fine you have a chip shortage, BUT design and build your touchscreen system in a way that you can add navigation once the chips are available in the future
it would be great if that was possible {cost effective}. It's likely a completely different board used between the two. Shoot nowadays many laptop computers do not even have the ability upgrading RAM/Disks. Everything is soldered to the single board assembly.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
This doesn’t sound right. Are you sure you selected the 360+ package?

The standard 360 package doesn’t include navigation.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES

Agreed. Don't get butthurt because you didn't read the options properly. The NAV comes with the CoPliot 360+ package so you could've ordered the Premium package for days but because you didn't read right and didn't order the right package don't spread false information.

You assumed. There was the problem. No the chip shortage.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
You likely CAN add navigation after-the-fact, but you won't get any of the other 360+ features. 4DTech.com will sell you an APIM loaded with Nav and the as-built data for your car, but it's not cheap.

OP
OP

BadlandsinMI

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

My dealership said that when I built the car online the website did not include the 360assist option
Agreed. Don't get butthurt because you didn't read the options properly. The NAV comes with the CoPliot 360+ package so you could've ordered the Premium package for days but because you didn't read right and didn't order the right package don't spread false information.

You assumed. There was the problem. No the chip shortage.
The Co-pilot360 assist+ was not offered on the website when I built my car. My dealership told me that for a certain time earlier in the year it was removed as an option because of the chip shortage.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's a lot of confusion in that post. Nothing to do with chip shortages beyond the shortages are making it hard to build features at the level of demand. I don't know what anyone told you but the built in nav is part of the 360+ option package. It doesn't matter what other packages you get, the 360+ option is what adds factory navigation. Ford makes it really hard because they call the basic, mandated driver assistance features "360" and call the optional upgrade tech "360+". Their website is awful at laying it all out because the plus features vary from vehicle to vehicle. Here is a basic list
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/ford-technology/driver-assist-features/what-is-co-pilot360/

You can't go back and add 360+ to built vehicles. There are bunches of missing hardware.

You're not out that much since you can use a carplay compatible nav system or add a dedicated device. There are a bunch of 360+ features but if the nav is your one big concern, it wasn't worth the price for that option.
I went through the same thing when I got mine. I saw it had 360 listed on the sticker and figured, oh cool I get navigation also. Turns out that's only with 360+, but with a yamaha android auto wireless adapter I don't see any reason why I would need it. There are other 360+ features I wouldn't mind having but the integrated navigation is usually crap. Also with the yamaha adapter (after figuring out my previous phone had issues) the experience has been almost flawless.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
My dealership said that when I built the car online the website did not include the 360assist option

The Co-pilot360 assist+ was not offered on the website when I built my car. My dealership told me that for a certain time earlier in the year it was removed as an option because of the chip shortage.
Odd. I don't think it has been documented anywhere that the 360+ package was removed from the website. What has been documented is that it mat cause significant delays to orders including it.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I wanted 360+ and was not able to get it. I have found that the apps including Gaia, Google, Apple, and others are actually better. I use a wireless CarPlay adapter and it is seamless.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They lied to you. It was taken away as an option for dealer stock orders. It was reserved only for retail orders.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I wanted 360+ and was not able to get it. I have found that the apps including Gaia, Google, Apple, and others are actually better. I use a wireless CarPlay adapter and it is seamless.
Same. And a wireless charger better than ford’s is 19$.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Reasons to want non-cell phone coverage are simple. No coverage, no nav.

Google nav is ok at best, Apple has lousy maps, and Waze is a joke. I don’t find it particularly helpful at all and while it is cute and cartoony, being dumped in the middle of the street when you approach your destination is less than ideal (unknown to me area and very busy and Waze decided we were there when we weren’t LOL) leaving us to have to pull over, park, and use apple maps.

As far as the rest goes, a Garmin nav system is better than any of the options out there anyways. Doing it again, that is what I would do.
Sponsored