Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
It’s good that oil change is just not an every day routine 😃.
I agree. I still like my rival skid. But why design one with the removable panel anyways? I used red Loctite on those bolts because there will never be a reason to ever remove them.
Sponsored

Jocker

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Don't get too excited you still have to remove the skid to get to the oil filter. Rival should just save the money and make the skid solid without that access panel.

Well said... I guess I saw the cut-out and instantly thought mine doesn't have that what a great idea. We have Bronco's so, you know we dont need to change oil filters. :crackup:

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I agree. I still like my rival skid. But why design one with the removable panel anyways? I used red Loctite on those bolts because there will never be a reason to ever remove them.
My mind went straight to welding the panel in place.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
It's not a big deal to remove the skid to be honest. Comes off just as fast as the factory felt. I just don't see why they would even pay for the extra manufacturing cost for that access panel in the first place. They could have deleted it and made a few more bucks or sold it for a few bucks cheaper. The skid is top notch, wouldn't have it any other way.

ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am pretty stoked about this!

I have been compiling parts for my overland build on my OB so this will be the next thing on the list.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.