New Bronco Sport with free foghorn. Is there a fix for this. Getting worse at 17000 miles.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
@RiotfunK, the sound in your video is not the same noise that others are reporting. The noise when backing is a resonation; yours sounds more like a stuttering. Honestly, it sounds like the brake auto-hold engaging.

You can recreate this sound with most cars in certain conditions by coming to a stop, then slowly and carefully releasing pedal pressure until the car barely starts moving. In conditions of high humidity you'll hear a kind of stuttering sound from the brakes as they repeatedly release and grab. I believe that's what you're hearing in this video, although I've not heard a car do that as readily as yours.
Sponsored

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Ford does. Have had this issue since new and had gotten worse after tsb.

Only option I have is to pay out of pocket and have it fixed like I had to with the alignments I had done three times by two different dealers. And still had awful pull and poor handling at highway speeds.
Magically got fixed after Ford said they wouldn’t cover it anymore and I paid out of pocket for it. Been fine since then.
What specifically did you do that actually fixed the issue? I'm also in the camp of TSB completed but noise returned even louder.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
What specifically did you do that actually fixed the issue? I'm also in the camp of TSB completed but noise returned even louder.
When installing bushing the one with the white plastic that you can plainly see gets installed on the bottom of the caliber and the all rubber bushing goes in the top pin and grease the pin only not the end's .
Ford Bronco Sport New Bronco Sport with free foghorn. Is there a fix for this. Getting worse at 17000 miles. F0ED2B6A-6B29-4C97-8065-D11D2D16E25B

Ford Bronco Sport New Bronco Sport with free foghorn. Is there a fix for this. Getting worse at 17000 miles. 56B8B2BF-B10D-467A-881A-452A70D01186

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
I’ve been debating going to a dealer and having them address this with the TSB info, but seeing some say it got worse makes me nervous. Is it worth taking the chance? Anything I can do to increase the odds the fix works?

OP
OP

Sandy arnold

Outer Banks
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’ve been debating going to a dealer and having them address this with the TSB info, but seeing some say it got worse makes me nervous. Is it worth taking the chance? Anything I can do to increase the odds the fix works?

OP
OP

Sandy arnold

Outer Banks
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It makes me nervous to let Ford touch mine at all. They can't even get the parts for my recall notice that they originally said I wasn't part of. But not to worry as the worst that could happen is an engine fire! Yep, very nervous.

robbrobb

Big Bend
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yes, don't back up. :crackup:

But seriously, though, there is a ton of discussion throughout the forum on this topic. Ford has issued a service bulletin to address the problem, but some have reported the noise returned after getting the work done. I don't believe Ford has a definitive solution yet.
Can you share where you saw the service bulletin? I have the same issue and not getting much help.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
OP
OP

Sandy arnold

Outer Banks
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine sounds same as OP. TSB did nothing but make brakes feel worse. They work fine except on initial driving. Probs first 4-5 times you use the brakes they’re loud af and barely work.

My sound is coming from the fronts. While it’s making this noise the brakes do not grab well. Like someone lubed the rotor. Then they bite making louder sounds than yours while also sending awful vibration/feedback through the wheel.

Almost feels like ABS doesn’t work when this happens. You can slam on the brakes and they’ll never fully lock up, they just gradually slow you down.

Been doing this for about 10k miles. I’ve gotten no help from Ford dealer, corporate, or any other party involved in trying to get Ford to actually fix things. I have videos etc.

Hope you find a fix. Ford basically told me I’m beat. I’ve never dealt with such a terrible manufacturer experience as Ford.

My dash cam picks it up. It’s so loud. I’m awaiting the time when the brakes just fail to bite enough and I end up in an accident.

OP
OP

Sandy arnold

Outer Banks
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's hard to believe that we pay so much but are basically told to live with the problems. Possible engin fires, braking issues, etc. I currently own 2 Fords but I will never buy a Ford again.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Ceramic brake pad replacement fixed the issue for me. About $110 for all 4 corners in parts and my time while I was already doing other things with the car in the air.

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
t's hard to believe that we pay so much but are basically told to live with the problems. Possible engin fires, braking issues, etc. I currently own 2 Fords but I will never buy a Ford again.
Maybe you should just sell or trade it. If it’s that much of an issue, move on to another manufacture and vehicle.

I hear you can get big rebates from the government if you buy an electric vehicle. No engine fires there. Oh wait, battery fires could happen. Never mind.

OP
OP

Sandy arnold

Outer Banks
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Would love to trade or sell but I pd too much for this car to come out of it on the good end.

Juanchoch

Badlands
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Brought in my BL today for service oil change basic stuff at about 50k out of warranty and mentioned the tsb for the rear breaks and was told there would be a 250 diagnostic charge to see what the issue is then figure out what to do. Supper loud in the morning since 10k miles. Also brought up sync going black and requires a different appointment. So I don’t know if my extended warranty covers it. Will go home and read fine print. MPP warranty.
Sponsored