New Bronco Sport with free foghorn. Is there a fix for this. Getting worse at 17000 miles.

Sandy arnold

Outer Banks
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yes, don't back up. :crackup:

But seriously, though, there is a ton of discussion throughout the forum on this topic. Ford has issued a service bulletin to address the problem, but some have reported the noise returned after getting the work done. I don't believe Ford has a definitive solution yet.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Rear caliber bushing TSB. Worked for some. Others didnt work. Others dealers messed up their brakes altogether. Hard to say if TSB is real fix or we have lousy service at some dealers who dont do TSB correctly.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Seems to get better (quieter with age) or my hearing is just getting worse.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Just don’t hear it as much these days. Maybe temperature or humidity levels but even when I do hear it, it’s much quieter.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Mine sounds same as OP. TSB did nothing but make brakes feel worse. They work fine except on initial driving. Probs first 4-5 times you use the brakes they’re loud af and barely work.

My sound is coming from the fronts. While it’s making this noise the brakes do not grab well. Like someone lubed the rotor. Then they bite making louder sounds than yours while also sending awful vibration/feedback through the wheel.

Almost feels like ABS doesn’t work when this happens. You can slam on the brakes and they’ll never fully lock up, they just gradually slow you down.

Been doing this for about 10k miles. I’ve gotten no help from Ford dealer, corporate, or any other party involved in trying to get Ford to actually fix things. I have videos etc.

Hope you find a fix. Ford basically told me I’m beat. I’ve never dealt with such a terrible manufacturer experience as Ford.

My dash cam picks it up. It’s so loud. I’m awaiting the time when the brakes just fail to bite enough and I end up in an accident.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My sound is coming from the fronts.

My dash cam picks it up. It’s so loud. I’m awaiting the time when the brakes just fail to bite enough and I end up in an accident.
Are you saying your brakes make the loud groaning/moaning sound driving forward? If so, can you share a video clip?

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine sounds same as OP. TSB did nothing but make brakes feel worse. They work fine except on initial driving. Probs first 4-5 times you use the brakes they’re loud af and barely work.

My sound is coming from the fronts. While it’s making this noise the brakes do not grab well. Like someone lubed the rotor. Then they bite making louder sounds than yours while also sending awful vibration/feedback through the wheel.

Almost feels like ABS doesn’t work when this happens. You can slam on the brakes and they’ll never fully lock up, they just gradually slow you down.

Been doing this for about 10k miles. I’ve gotten no help from Ford dealer, corporate, or any other party involved in trying to get Ford to actually fix things. I have videos etc.

Hope you find a fix. Ford basically told me I’m beat. I’ve never dealt with such a terrible manufacturer experience as Ford.

Not sure it's a good idea to wait until you're in an accident. Either you, someone else, or both could be seriously hurt. No one wants that.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Ford does. Have had this issue since new and had gotten worse after tsb.

Only option I have is to pay out of pocket and have it fixed like I had to with the alignments I had done three times by two different dealers. And still had awful pull and poor handling at highway speeds.
Magically got fixed after Ford said they wouldn’t cover it anymore and I paid out of pocket for it. Been fine since then.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curious, because I don't know this answer...if a TSB does not correct an issue (such as the "fog horn" rear brake issue), does that fall under a lemon law act? In Florida, a dealership is allowed 3 trys to make a problem correct. After three attempts, you can file a lemon law.

So far, I have not experienced this issue with the brakes, but perhaps it comes about after miles accumulate?
Sponsored