New Bronco Sport Owners Break In Period

Are you following the break-in period suggestions?

• Total voters

Jocker

Base
First Name
Trent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Varying the RPM of the engine gives the components a chance to get settled into their designed tolerances. You probably wouldn't harm the engine by driving it at a constant speed, but it may cause some components to wear out prematurely down the road.
Well, that makes a little more sense. I have just crossed the 1000 mile marker so I wish I had found that information earlier. I wanted to test the fuel efficiency after I purchased so on the freeway I would eco-mode it and set the cruise control to determine what I could achieve. Hypothetically speaking even with cruise control the engine does not always maintain an exact RMP as ascending/descending hills will cause it to fluctuate. -I apologize for overthinking/lengthy reply.

*Side Note* I had asked the salesman before leaving the dealership about the break-in period. Sadly, I had to trade in my '16 Fiesta ST (due to increased family size) which did have some specific break-in instructions that I had followed. The salesman simply said to me "break-in periods are a thing of the past on older vehicles and with technology it is no longer relevant or a thing." I didn't want to waste my time to explain he's not correct I simply left the dealership as he was surprised I did my own basic maintenance on all my vehicles and was most impressed that I could do my own oil changes - should have taken that as a sign but was too excited to get in my bronco. :)

First Name
Chase
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
Sitting at about 2400 miles after 2 months. Babied my BigBend until 1530, then went on a 600 mile road trip. Tinted the windows to match the back windows, gave it a sun strip. A few more bells and whistles. Thule double kayak rack. Still love it. 2”lift coming soon. Replacing tires with a 32” when that lift comes in.

F87F58C9-A24A-4397-ADFF-4A6D8E12D757.jpeg

lbjailer

First Edition
First Name
Walter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F150 Lariat 4X4, Bronco Sport First Edition
Where I live the speed limit is 70 on the interstate and everyone driving 80+. Yesterday I was driving route 66 and had to pass slower cars a couple of times. I came from a Focus ST and have to say the 2 liter in the Bronco is impressive. Not missing the standard transmission in traffic jams anymore.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The salesman simply said to me "break-in periods are a thing of the past on older vehicles and with technology it is no longer relevant or a thing." I didn't want to waste my time to explain he's not correct
The salesman is not wrong. What does the owners manual of the Bronco Sport say for break-in?

Advertisement

Advertisement