New 22MY Badlands, Can Someone Help Me re: Engine Cover / Underside Skid Plates

iamweasel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Our new 22MY Badlands finally arrived but it did not have the engine cover or the rock guards/metal plates underneath the driver/passenger sides. (I actually have a strip of partical board under the driver side, and nothing under the passenger side.)

I have seen many threads on those issues but wanted to know if anyone has a 22MY Badlands that came with an engine cover and metal rock guards. (Such as the guy describes in this video.)

3 missing items on the Bronco Sport! Contact your dealership! - YouTube

If anyone does have a 22MY Badlands with the correct engine cover and metal rock guards, if you could share your VIN # with me I'd appreciate it. Trying to give my dealer a reference serial # so they can look up the parts.

Ford Bronco Sport New 22MY Badlands, Can Someone Help Me re:  Engine Cover / Underside Skid Plates IMG_20220108_152451277

Ford Bronco Sport New 22MY Badlands, Can Someone Help Me re:  Engine Cover / Underside Skid Plates IMG_20220108_152507053

Ford Bronco Sport New 22MY Badlands, Can Someone Help Me re:  Engine Cover / Underside Skid Plates IMG_20220108_153115360
Sponsored

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Are the crash plate missing on the Gas tank & under the engine bay ? None of the BL 's have anything on the passenger side . The missing 2.0 engine cover is something new , probably ran out of the same parts to install them like on the 1.5 motor .

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
None of those items are "missing", and I refuse to give that video a view for a click, but I can tell without watching it that it's just another youtuber talking out their ? . Go ahead and bug the dealer. Waste of time since it looks like Ford is out of the covers and the mounting hardware now. Start scouring junkyards because I see a lot of them getting junked already.

Both the skid plates are right there in your photos. The paper thing only goes on that one side of Badlands builds and is probably better at trapping moisture and crap than protecting stuff. They previously removed engine covers on the 1.5 and it's looking like they followed suit on the 2.0.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Badlands has the felt card board thing on drive side but not on pass side. Steel skid plate under engine and plastic steel skid plates under gas tank. That how they come.
Ford Bronco Sport New 22MY Badlands, Can Someone Help Me re:  Engine Cover / Underside Skid Plates PXL_20211219_201212051
Ford Bronco Sport New 22MY Badlands, Can Someone Help Me re:  Engine Cover / Underside Skid Plates PXL_20211219_201225860

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
The paper thing only goes on that one side of Badlands builds and is probably better at trapping moisture and crap than protecting stuff.
Yeah fact that it missing on other side is no loss it just felt/cardboard trap dirt moisture type of thing.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like everyone reporting no eng covers on 2.0 for the '22s. But you can add it if you like.

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
These missing parts would be normal going forward and it makes sense in these times when getting anything is hard...not just auto parts. They stripping anything that is not needed to get these vehicles out to the public. That is my take on it.

OP
OP

iamweasel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Are the crash plate missing on the Gas tank & under the engine bay ? None of the BL 's have anything on the passenger side . The missing 2.0 engine cover is something new , probably ran out of the same parts to install them like on the 1.5 motor .
The skid plate under the engine is definitely there. I didn't look for the one on the fuel tank, I'll have to check that.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Looks like I got some bad intel from the interweb....go figure. :)

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the responses, everyone. Looks like I got some bad intel from the interweb....go figure.
No worries lots of ppl around here that know what should be under a Badlands.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Badlands has the felt card board thing on drive side but not on pass side. Steel skid plate under engine and plastic skid plates under gas tank. That how they come.
The fuel tank skid plates are pretty stout steel, not plastic. Iā€™ve circled here.
Ford Bronco Sport New 22MY Badlands, Can Someone Help Me re:  Engine Cover / Underside Skid Plates FEAFF783-1AC2-4BCD-BCFF-376C4041E3F5

I had a coworker pop his gas tank just driving on the freeway. I mean punching an oil pan sucks, but spilling gasoline at the same time youā€™re punching holes and dragging metal ?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
The fuel tank skid plates are pretty stout steel, not plastic. Iā€™ve circled here.
Thanks for correction. I went and put magnet on mine and yes steel. I will edit my prev post so ppl don't get incorrect info. :clap:

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Those Fiber composite under body panel are pretty stout, I have therm in the front wheel wells ( maybe even on the back ) of my 2016 Super Duty also & they don't get water logged or trap moisture .I can see them deleting the BL's passenger side , because they know people will off road with them more then an OB,BB or base.

The fiber panels do damage easy, shouldn't expect much from that material any way . They do deaden sound , road noise is softened some what. Compared to metal stampings , I would think the fiber ones would be less expensive to replace .

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
They are not that stout. I just ripped mine off at the front when I dropped that side in a rut in the road. i heard the scrape and got out to look. It was attached at the front to the wheel well cardboard. That ripped out, and the front five 1" washers pulled right through the cardboard. It was hanging down about a foot in the front. If I had continued driving, it would have torn it to smaller pieces. I took it off. There is wiring under there, and I believe a gas line. I'd sure like to have a metal plate covering that.
Sponsored