AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
there's gonna be haters and complainers everywhere. some people b*tch about a blue sky. Pick and choose what you read, and don't take it for a grain of salt.
i think this forum is pretty awesome.

OP
OP
Carolo

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I think there's a difference between "complaining" for the sake of complaining, and sharing disappointments. The line for me is when a poster starts offering purchasing advice: "I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD, AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU!" If you dislike your car that much just sell it and go away.

Talking about where you think Ford could improve, on the other hand, is a fine use of the board, mainly because we know that FoMoCo monitors posts here. Having a direct line to the manufacturer is AWESOME.

Here's my advice, Chuck, so you can continue to enjoy the board: When you see a post from someone with content you dislike simply click on their user name, then click IGNORE. Voila! You'll never see another post from that person.

(This post assumes, of course, that you haven't already "ignored" me. :crazy: )
Actually, Mark, You and Major are my favorite posters!

OP
OP
Carolo

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only people whose BS came with engine covers spread positivity :wink:
Mine came with engine cover, hood insulation, AC temp readouts, passenger under dash panel, in fact there is nothing missing that I know of. I guess I should start ignoring the Grumps, and be positive!...............Thanks

OP
OP
Carolo

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pops
you're breaking character
we're supposed to be grumpy old men
where's your gristle
sweater knitting for stray cats forum is not where you want to be
redeeming segments of your post still intact
complaining about complaining 😃
so there's still hope left
Dang! I thought my post WAS grumpy! Of course, I'm not really an Old Man!

OP
OP
Carolo

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOW, I gave the tree a negative shake, and look at all the positive that fell out! Thanks folks, I guess all the negative news the last 3 years is weighing on me. I'll try to be more positive! And if I ever say anything negative about our Badlands, my wife would leave me, AND take the Baby!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
The vast majority of sport owners are very happy with them. Yes defects lemons have slipped through and those owners have legitimate gripes. Other ppl moaning groaning about missing features decontenting ect that a valid complaint sure. But Ford has shipped a lot of problem free sports and those folks arent saying much they are out there driving around having fun.

My '21 Badlands I think its totally awesome all around so far.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I think there's a difference between "complaining" for the sake of complaining, and sharing disappointments. The line for me is when a poster starts offering purchasing advice: "I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD, AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU!" If you dislike your car that much just sell it and go away.

Talking about where you think Ford could improve, on the other hand, is a fine use of the board, mainly because we know that FoMoCo monitors posts here. Having a direct line to the manufacturer is AWESOME.

Here's my advice, Chuck, so you can continue to enjoy the board: When you see a post from someone with content you dislike simply click on their user name, then click IGNORE. Voila! You'll never see another post from that person.

(This post assumes, of course, that you haven't already "ignored" me. :crazy: )
That even works for sponsors, I was sick of seeing the same ad from rofitds so I ignored them and gone no more posts no more threads, nothing at all. I can't even open a comment on one of their threads. Love that ignore button.
We've all had that moment of screw this place but we're all still here enjoying what we want out of it.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I have found that in any public forum there is always someone who doesn't like puppies or babies...and they can't not let everyone know why they are right and you are wrong if you say you love them.
I'm a fan of puppies and babies, as long as they belong to someone else. :crazy:

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
That even works for sponsors, I was sick of seeing the same ad from rofitds so I ignored them and gone no more posts no more threads, nothing at all. I can't even open a comment on one of their threads. Love that ignore button.
We've all had that moment of screw this place but we're all still here enjoying what we want out of it.
Let's also not forget about the "Report" button. I mean only if someone is posting something that they shouldn't be, but it is a very helpful tool when needed.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
If someone thinks a Bronco Sport isn’t worth $40,000 they have the option not to buy one. Ford isn’t putting a gun to their head.

You can argue that it should have additional features for the price, but at the same time you should know what it does and does not have at the time of purchase. If not it’s your fault.

None of the missing parts matter. They don’t impact the vehicle’s performance. You don’t drive with the hood off!

And just because you don’t know how to do something (because you haven’t read the instructions or used Google), don’t tell us it’s a pile of crap!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
When I joined the "Bronco Sport Forum", it was to enjoy the community of owners comments on their Baby Bronco's. The support of other owners for problems, new products, and things to do with this cool, fun, exciting new automobile format. But the more topics I read, the more complaints I see about the failure to meet the wishes of purchasers of the vehicle. Wishes which should have been considered BEFORE buying the vehicle! This is no longer a fun forum about Bronco Sports, but a complaint department about Ford products in general. It is becoming more and more difficult to find FUN discussions about the Sport, instead of complaints. So if reading about other folks complaints about Bronco Sports is what this forum is all about, I may have to find something else to waste my time on.
I got very frustrated and took several months away from the board. I tend to look at things differently, and often it's seen as I'm right and "you" must be wrong. That's never the case or my intention. I'm often/always simply speaking up from a different perspective and viewpoint. Many times it involves exactly what you are frustrated with...bagging on Ford. These are expensive and very complex machines in a first run. Ford, like every manufacturer has faced serious parts and delivery issues not to mention typical design issues and supplier problems that may affect one hundred or one thousand cars not the entire fleet.
My son worked for a supplier this summer...they built a specific part for one of the big three. One weld was missed on something like several hundred cars making them unsafe and unusable. It was a multi million dollar mistake not caused by the big manufacturer...it was caused by their vendor/associate assembly. I'm sure the big auto caught all the hate and heat from something they weren't directly responsible for.
Bottom line..if the sport isn't a good fit...sell it. The market is hot. Cannot think why anyone would continue driving something they hate and bitch so much about.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The vast majority of sport owners are very happy with them. Yes defects lemons have slipped through and those owners have legitimate gripes. Other ppl moaning groaning about missing features decontenting ect that a valid complaint sure. But Ford has shipped a lot of problem free sports and those folks arent saying much they are out there driving around having fun.

My '21 Badlands I think its totally awesome all around so far.
Excellent point. With 160,000 sold? Don't even know...the collection of 100 people don't even know, who bitch about their sport is a drop in the bucket compared to the silent and happy as hell. I am a loud happy owner😎

TeamTaylorBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, 2020 Ford Edge
I have to agree that this forum is a fantastic place where everyone, regardless of satisfaction, can voice their opinions and experiences. I know for us, it has been a wonderful source of not only information and updates but support from our brothers and sisters. We love this forum for the truth, good or bad. Thank you to all who contribute and wish to share their knowledge of the Bronco Sport!

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Exactly, I go to a lot of forums for different things and you get a lot of trolls on them. It’s easier said than done, but try not to let it ruin your experience on here. I like looking at what people do with their BSs and it gives me ideas of what I’d like to do with mine when I get it.
Stick with it here, the forum bashers are plenty but ignore the noise, some just want to be dicks. There's a lot of good info here. Personally I love my BS. It wasn't even what I went in to buy but I drove away in it. Couldn't be happier. Can't wait till the hybrid model comes out in 24. I'm definitely trading mine in when that happens. Until than I've got a retro/modern ride, get awesome mileage, looks good and so far after 10k not one issue. I've added about as many mods and upgrades as possible, sort of stands out from the pack, or herd in this case. Not many in my area, must not be a big Florida kind of thing. Makes it all the more unique. Good luck with yours.
Sponsored