Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
When I joined the "Bronco Sport Forum", it was to enjoy the community of owners comments on their Baby Bronco's. The support of other owners for problems, new products, and things to do with this cool, fun, exciting new automobile format. But the more topics I read, the more complaints I see about the failure to meet the wishes of purchasers of the vehicle. Wishes which should have been considered BEFORE buying the vehicle! This is no longer a fun forum about Bronco Sports, but a complaint department about Ford products in general. It is becoming more and more difficult to find FUN discussions about the Sport, instead of complaints. So if reading about other folks complaints about Bronco Sports is what this forum is all about, I may have to find something else to waste my time on.
Sponsored

Xzavior1818

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Mustang Gt
I always used forums as a guide and tools to learn more about my vehicles (both my mustang and Bronco). As far as negativity your gonna see that anyway online and in the real world. I just chose to ignore it unless it's of concern like a recall or TSB. People can be trolls for a reaction

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Exactly, I go to a lot of forums for different things and you get a lot of trolls on them. It’s easier said than done, but try not to let it ruin your experience on here. I like looking at what people do with their BSs and it gives me ideas of what I’d like to do with mine when I get it.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I still enjoy this one.
Watching people trick out a BS is great fun. Saves me from spending money many times, gets me to pick a certain toy or not.
As for a complaint department we all know ford watches this Forum so we are helping in a way. It’s easy to spot a whiner that just loves to complain.
Once you get past those there is much constructive data to be had.
These are new model vehicles made with Mexican labor that’s super cheap.
If Ford built these inside the USA they would have to follow Elon Musk’s business model to be successful and a big company like Ford is not capable of producing vehicles under union pay rates and not having them skyrocket in price out of reach.
To the OP, move on, and find a more pleasant place to play. If you can. Good luck.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Pops
you're breaking character
we're supposed to be grumpy old men
where's your gristle
sweater knitting for stray cats forum is not where you want to be
redeeming segments of your post still intact
complaining about complaining 😃
so there's still hope left

dparleng

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
How can you call it complaining when you are paying $40,000 for a vehicle, and you don't get what is promised or stated. I call that fact finding, and information sharing. I am new to this forum, but I have learned a lot here.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I think there's a difference between "complaining" for the sake of complaining, and sharing disappointments. The line for me is when a poster starts offering purchasing advice: "I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD, AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU!" If you dislike your car that much just sell it and go away.

Talking about where you think Ford could improve, on the other hand, is a fine use of the board, mainly because we know that FoMoCo monitors posts here. Having a direct line to the manufacturer is AWESOME.

Here's my advice, Chuck, so you can continue to enjoy the board: When you see a post from someone with content you dislike simply click on their user name, then click IGNORE. Voila! You'll never see another post from that person.

(This post assumes, of course, that you haven't already "ignored" me. :crazy: )

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Negativity seems to be the first choice of most people today.

I recently had new flooring put in my house and got an email from the company that did the install asking if I had any complaints or problems or issues.

I waited 5 days to answer, time spent looking for problems or issues with the flooring or the installation and couldn't find any, so I sent them an email telling them I had spent the 5 days and found no issues so I wanted to compliment the installers for their work and professionalism.

The company responded and said almost no one ever praised them and thanked me for my response.

And yes, there are an awful lot of people on this board who are looking for something to be upset about. Reminds me of a bunch of old women.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Maybe we need a complaint subforum. Then all the complaints could be in there and we could choose to ignore that section.

I like reading about people's issues but take many with a grain of salt. People complaining about things that they should have learned before buying the vehicle have (mostly) themselves to blame. But there are some legit complaints (like how long Ford takes to repair recalls and the inconsistent behavior of the liftgate). I am, on balance, very happy with my Bronco Sport.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Maybe we need a complaint subforum. Then all the complaints could be in there and we could choose to ignore that section.
I second this completely. Luckily, there already is one. "Issues, Repairs, Warranty, Recalls, TSB."

Criticism and differing opinions have an extremely important place on this forum. I've learned a lot about what quality control issues to look for and mechanical issues that may warrant some attention if they arise. You all are amazing and I'd never want this forum to be completely sunshine and rainbows. There's not a whole lot to be learned from that.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
How can you call it complaining when you are paying $40,000 for a vehicle, and you don't get what is promised or stated. I call that fact finding, and information sharing. I am new to this forum, but I have learned a lot here.
I mean, there are TONS of complaints on here from folks who believe they are owed far above what has been promised or stated (or even exists)

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I think there's a difference between "complaining" for the sake of complaining, and sharing disappointments. The line for me is when a poster starts offering purchasing advice: "I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD, AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU!" If you dislike your car that much just sell it and go away.

Talking about where you think Ford could improve, on the other hand, is a fine use of the board, mainly because we know that FoMoCo monitors posts here. Having a direct line to the manufacturer is AWESOME.

Here's my advice, Chuck, so you can continue to enjoy the board: When you see a post from someone with content you dislike simply click on their user name, then click IGNORE. Voila! You'll never see another post from that person.

(This post assumes, of course, that you haven't already "ignored" me. :crazy: )
Ultimately Ford owns this forum so seeing the complaints helps them in their market research. At the same time it helps promote the car and works as customer service. A lot of people get info on here they may otherwise be asking their dealership for.

If someone is a problem, Ford has banned members in the past. For the concerned people, you are responsible for what you read so if the negativity is getting to you...maybe check out the maverick forum? Doubt it'll be much different. People love to complain about engine covers on here and I imagine every place has people getting hung up on something.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Negativity? Not compared to the Escape FB page. :)

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I respectfully disagree. I've found this forum extremely informative and appreciate even the critical perspectives. This helped me immensely when inspecting my new Badlands, and also while trying to improve the Premium Package seat comfort.
Sponsored