nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
Looking for recommendations outside the normal Falken, Toyo On-road A/T type tire.

I like the beefier look of these, but as much as I drive and the frequency of tire change, is breaking my bank!

I am averaging ~31k miles a year or so with interstate (windy) and highway (windy) plus some backroad use. Nothing too "offroad" for me.

I'm really looking for something rugged that is going to last. (Yes I am rotating tires!)
Sponsored

OP
OP
nch5013

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Just go to discount tire, tire rack, etc websites and see what they have. You can sort by mileage warranty. I agree it sounds like you'd be best off with a set of all seasons as opposed to all terrain.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@nch5013 if high mileage is what your looking for, I would recommend the Michelin Defender 2 in a 225/60R18 because of its high quality ride and long life. Many forum members have had great luck with this tire. :like:

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Looking for recommendations outside the normal Falken, Toyo On-road A/T type tire.

I like the beefier look of these, but as much as I drive and the frequency of tire change, is breaking my bank!

I am averaging ~31k miles a year or so with interstate (windy) and highway (windy) plus some backroad use. Nothing too "offroad" for me.

I'm really looking for something rugged that is going to last. (Yes I am rotating tires!)
I chose these tires for my Outer Banks. 27,000 miles and still tread left above the wear bars. Good rain performance and good on sand and soft dirt. I do not do rock climbing. I too rotate the tires with each oil change. There is a little road noise with this tire but not enough to be annoying.

Ford Bronco Sport Need new tires... Grabber_UHP255-55-R18

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I chose these tires for my Outer Banks. 27,000 miles and still tread left above the wear bars. Good rain performance and good on sand and soft dirt. I do not do rock climbing. I too rotate the tires with each oil change. There is a little road noise with this tire but not enough to be annoying.

Ford Bronco Sport Need new tires... Grabber_UHP255-55-R18
It’s hard to see the model in the pic. Maybe share a link to the manufacturer’s product page?

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
It’s hard to see the model in the pic. Maybe share a link to the manufacturer’s product page?
GENERAL TIRE UHP GRABBER 255 55 R18

Sorry. I forgot to put that in.

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3

When you figure out what tires you want, my recommendation is to hit up @Discount Tire He is always quick to respond and their prices are competitive when a rebate is offered. They also offer 5% military discount if its applicable.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
What tires did you have before? How many sets have you gone through? At 31k miles a year you you should be getting 2 years at least from your tires. Albeit not the OEM tires.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I just got new tires, replaced original Continental tires that came from factory with same tires. Got 51,000 miles from the original tires figure Ford did some research to supply a new vehicle with them.
But, but, OE tires are INFERIOR versions of the retail models. Right? RIGHT!!??!
Sponsored