teschmann

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Unfortunately I'm not in marketing! I'm just as frustrated why the FE doesn't have some of these features.
Thanks for the quick reply. Again, great job on Bronco Sport. You guys have done an awesome job. It's been a long time since I fell in love with a new car!
Sponsored

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
The cell phone cup holder I have is called CupCall and the place to get one is https://www.getcupcall.com/Home?ref=www.getcupcall.com. I very much like it. It is very sturdy. I originally had the Weathertech cup holder, but the CupCall actually rotates 360 so you can put your phone in "landscape" mode, especially good for GPS. The other thing I like about the CupCall is it has a "screw down" assembly that allows for a very tight and secure "custom fit" in your cupholder regardless of what size it is. The Weathertech one comes with three different adapters for cupholder size so you only have three options. With CupCall you basically have unlimited cup holder size options.
Awesome, sounds perfect. I actually Googled it and my home depot is showing some in stock so I will be heading to get one. Thank you very much for the info.

OP
OP

teschmann

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Im under the impression that once your phone is plugged in, you can access everything from the 8 in touch screen.. calls, maps, and other apps. What am I’m missing that you need to control from your phone and what’s keeping you from just storing it in the phone compartment where the wireless charging is?
You can keep your phone in the charging pad area. The cup holder just makes for a nice way to keep your phone in front of you. In Indiana, we have a "no hands" law that says you can't be holding your phone while driving. I think a number of states have gone to that. When you plug in your phone to the BS with a USB cable, it activates the Ford Pass app which allows a number of app features to be used on your screen including Google Maps. This all works great, but it also blocks out several of the Sync functions when the Ford Pass is active. For instance, I can't use voice commands to play music when the Ford Pass is on, which is annoying. So I am still trying to figure this out. There may be a solution and I just haven't found it yet.

OP
OP

teschmann

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
You can keep your phone in the charging pad area. The cup holder just makes for a nice way to keep your phone in front of you. In Indiana, we have a "no hands" law that says you can't be holding your phone while driving. I think a number of states have gone to that. When you plug in your phone to the BS with a USB cable, it activates the Ford Pass app which allows a number of app features to be used on your screen including Google Maps. This all works great, but it also blocks out several of the Sync functions when the Ford Pass is active. For instance, I can't use voice commands to play music when the Ford Pass is on, which is annoying. So I am still trying to figure this out. There may be a solution and I just haven't found it yet.
Also you CAN answer calls from your phone on the touchscreen when your phone is connected via Bluetooth, but you can't use the Maps unless the phone is connected with a USB cable.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
You've done a great job with the vehicle...I do have a question is you can answer it. Is is possible for me to purchase a new back seat unit from Ford (Navy Pier) WITH the under-seat storage and have the current seat replaced with it? If so, how would I go about that?
I don't know if you've seen the rear seat storage in person, but if not check it out. On my Badlands it is very shallow. Maybe capable of storing something few inches thick. Cute, but not particularly useful in my opinion.

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
You do have that compartment still for your phone. With it plugged in, the 8in touchscreen is now your phone screen and now you have better eye sight. I believe it might take getting used to but you may find it easier to access
Probably so, but I had already set my mind to wanting one, plus if I find it's better to just use the display I'll just give holder to my husband ? Cause of course I have already ran out and bought it..lol

MDCDOC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS, Roadster
Its way more yellow than orange.... but I like that. Its an awesome color.
Camera doesnt pick Cyber Orange or Navy Pier up well. Hard to capture both. CO is more orange, but in low light can look yellow. Navy Pier is very dark blue and very dark grey. See First Edition Thread...more pics and details there on color.

MDCDOC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS, Roadster
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! OJ

(SEE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS IN POST BELOW)

My new 2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition has arrived, and I love it! This car is fantastic and the design team should get an award and a big raise from Ford! The car rides like a dream, has plenty of room for a family and for cargo, and has lots of cool features. I'm a life-long Ford guy, and they have hit a home run here. The car offers a little bit of everything...sleek and stylish, sporty yet luxurious, retro yet contemporary, rugged yet fun and casual!

PROS: Very zippy (this one has the 2.0 liter, 4 CYL engine), maneuverable, great acceleration, good visibility, great head room and leg room in the front.

CONS: A little tight on rear leg room, no adaptive cruise control, no under-seat storage in second row like the other BS models, no garage-door opener control built in.

Overall...A++++++. I predict Ford will sell tons of this car because it offers so much utility and value. It's sort of a compact SUV, but they've designed it so you feel like you are in a big SUV when you are in it. All of the controls and functions are well-designed and easily accessible.

I have owned many vehicles (nearly all Fords) and my two favorites were my 1984 Ford Bronco II and my original edition Ford Escape (the boxy one - I had several of them). The new BS combines a lot of the good things about those two vehicles and takes "utility" to a new level because the vehicle can be about anything you need it to be - a family vehicle, an economy car, a reliable 4WD or even a SERIOUS off-road vehicle. I'm not sure there has been a vehicle ever made that provides this variety of function.

If you are waiting on your Bronco Sport, be prepared to get a LOT of attention when you hit the road! When I went to pick up my car at the dealer, there was a mob of people looking at it when I got there, and I have already been approached by several curious people, including the UPS man at my office! People on the road are literally staring and pulling up beside me to have a look, some with friendly (maybe envious?) waves!

I will post back as I drive the car more but would like to close by saying how much I have enjoyed the Bronco Sport Forum the last few months as I have waited for mine. To whoever organized the site, thank you very much, and to all of the members, thank you for posting and sharing!
Nice - Got my FE Cyber Orange on 1/1. Love the Cyber Orange / Navy Pier. Both look much nicer than most pics I have seen or I have taken. Very capable efficient SUV. I'm not concerned about adaptive cruise control or seat storage in back. Nice to have, but not needed for me. Enjoy.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Congrats! Looks awesome! Dealer says my BL may be here next week so others are tiding me over until mine arrives. Enjoy!!

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Happy to hear you're enjoying your new Bronco Sport! I'm part of the team that designed the BS and we really enjoy reading your feedback, good and bad.
I took delivery of my BB and let me tell you...complete home run. You should all be incredibly proud of your work.

Butter

Outer Banks
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! OJ

(SEE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS IN POST BELOW)

My new 2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition has arrived, and I love it! This car is fantastic and the design team should get an award and a big raise from Ford! The car rides like a dream, has plenty of room for a family and for cargo, and has lots of cool features. I'm a life-long Ford guy, and they have hit a home run here. The car offers a little bit of everything...sleek and stylish, sporty yet luxurious, retro yet contemporary, rugged yet fun and casual!

PROS: Very zippy (this one has the 2.0 liter, 4 CYL engine), maneuverable, great acceleration, good visibility, great head room and leg room in the front.

CONS: A little tight on rear leg room, no adaptive cruise control, no under-seat storage in second row like the other BS models, no garage-door opener control built in.

Overall...A++++++. I predict Ford will sell tons of this car because it offers so much utility and value. It's sort of a compact SUV, but they've designed it so you feel like you are in a big SUV when you are in it. All of the controls and functions are well-designed and easily accessible.

I have owned many vehicles (nearly all Fords) and my two favorites were my 1984 Ford Bronco II and my original edition Ford Escape (the boxy one - I had several of them). The new BS combines a lot of the good things about those two vehicles and takes "utility" to a new level because the vehicle can be about anything you need it to be - a family vehicle, an economy car, a reliable 4WD or even a SERIOUS off-road vehicle. I'm not sure there has been a vehicle ever made that provides this variety of function.

If you are waiting on your Bronco Sport, be prepared to get a LOT of attention when you hit the road! When I went to pick up my car at the dealer, there was a mob of people looking at it when I got there, and I have already been approached by several curious people, including the UPS man at my office! People on the road are literally staring and pulling up beside me to have a look, some with friendly (maybe envious?) waves!

I will post back as I drive the car more but would like to close by saying how much I have enjoyed the Bronco Sport Forum the last few months as I have waited for mine. To whoever organized the site, thank you very much, and to all of the members, thank you for posting and sharing!

Butter

Outer Banks
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
Congrats! I’ve had mine now for 10 days and love it! Friend is a Ford dealer so it’s my 5th. I was excited by the initial pics but in person, it’s even better. Got the 1.6L Outer Banks package since I do a lot of city driving. Getting used to the fact that people are checking out the car and not me ?

Attachments

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
@Butter I can only hear the sound on the video, no picture.
Sponsored