My 2022 BS Badlands doesn't have an engine cover?

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My '22 is engine cover-less. I don't mind.
Yeah I just went out and popped the hood and looked at the nice clean brand new engine and I don't mind either.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Yeah I just went out and popped the hood and looked at the nice clean brand new engine and I don't mind either.
It doesn’t do much except provide a nice flat surface to place your beverage if your changing your oil.

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesn’t do much except provide a nice flat surface to place your beverage if your changing your oil.
It also protects pedestrians. 😂 😂

I did look at various threads and saw the engine cover had the same part number... but the other parts had differing part numbers for the studs and bolts across multiple threads on the subject. Difference between '21 and '22? I even had OEM sites telling me that the parts would fit my '22... then had other sites telling me they wouldn't.

Then of course the dreaded "could be backordered" message and at the end of the day the engine cover isn't a top priority.

Mud flaps/guards are however... just ordered those.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It also protects pedestrians. 😂 😂

I did look at various threads and saw the engine cover had the same part number... but the other parts had differing part numbers for the studs and bolts across multiple threads on the subject. Difference between '21 and '22? I even had OEM sites telling me that the parts would fit my '22... then had other sites telling me they wouldn't.

Then of course the dreaded "could be backordered" message and at the end of the day the engine cover isn't a top priority.

Mud flaps/guards are however... just ordered those.
I guessing all the other metal bits in front might hurt more than the bits on top of the engine but hey…we feel better about it! 😎

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check passenger side under the dash where your feet would normally go. Should be a big panel missing exposing quite a bit of stuff.

Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 BS Badlands doesn't have an engine cover? DE1D7D32-E333-46AC-A51A-7160D533020E
Here you go!
Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 BS Badlands doesn't have an engine cover? 85B2CB69-9A57-4095-B6A5-9B442FC7B0BF
Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 BS Badlands doesn't have an engine cover? 7F4B44F1-9C38-4651-9CE7-859D4C5FA5E6
In addition to lacking an engine cover I just checked and mine is also lacking this part. I'm fine with no engine cover and honestly this part missing isn't a big deal to me either... but I am wondering... would it help with what I assume to be bass vibration coming from the B&O sound system?

It's something I've heard a few times and it's very faint... but if this part would insulate against that I'd probably pick it up.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In addition to lacking an engine cover I just checked and mine is also lacking this part. I'm fine with no engine cover and honestly this part missing isn't a big deal to me either... but I am wondering... would it help with what I assume to be bass vibration coming from the B&O sound system?

It's something I've heard a few times and it's very faint... but if this part would insulate against that I'd probably pick it up.
Not sure. I don’t have the B&O sound system but I didn’t notice any difference in cabin noise. Others have though so……

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure. I don’t have the B&O sound system but I didn’t notice any difference in cabin noise. Others have though so……
It's something I'm just going to monitor for the time being and will see if I continue to notice any bass vibrations from the sound system.

As for the engine cover... well... I did email Silver State Ford to inquire and got this response just now...

"Per the VIN provided, these are correct for the vehicle. Unfortunately the engine cover is currently on national backorder with Ford.

Thank you,
Silver State Ford Parts Team"

So yeah... I'm glad I'm OK with not having it. My splash guards / mud flaps just shipped and that's the only thing missing that was a must have. 😂

Last edited:

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150

It might. I have a lot of rattling that comes from that area, and was hoping that having this part installed would help dampen the rattling I hear from this area.

However good luck trying to get this warrantied, as I'm literally getting the run around with Ford and my Dealership on this part. Seems that no one knows about this part and why it's not on the car when it was delivered. I held the part in my hand 3+ weeks ago but they wouldn't let me have it until it was guaranteed to be paid for by Ford or myself. Very disappointed in this whole outcome considering I've waiting almost a whole month for the part itself, and another month for find someone that can actually get it warrantied. At this point paying for the ONE panel $40, is cheaper then me dealing with Ford or the dealership anymore. What a disappointment overall.

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this point paying for the ONE panel $40, is cheaper then me dealing with Ford or the dealership anymore. What a disappointment overall.
Sounds like it!

I’ll be back at my dealer in the next week or two to pick up my tags and am going to ask about this part. Will post back with what they say.

I’d rather pay $40 and avoid headaches and frustration but I’m still going to ask.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like it!

I’ll be back at my dealer in the next week or two to pick up my tags and am going to ask about this part. Will post back with what they say.

I’d rather pay $40 and avoid headaches and frustration but I’m still going to ask.
I’ll bet it will be the same response as the engine cover. I have heard of no one getting one delivered with a ‘22 after February. Some have gotten one from their dealer afterwards. Mine said it was no longer being supplied.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Won't be long we'll be getting some My "23 Doesn't Have Engine Cover

OP
OP
SgtT11B

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
Wow my simple post is now 4 pgs. long.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
The only thing I think they are forgetting but installing under warranty is the panel under the passenger side of the dash. I need to ask about that when my license plates come in and I go pick them up.
Yeah I’d ask them to finish building it. :,P
Welcome to post pandemic manufacturing. ;(

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I’d ask them to finish building it. :,P
Welcome to post pandemic manufacturing. ;(
Honestly after nearly 6 months I don't really get worked up about that panel. I need to schedule service soon and I'll ask about it while I'm there...if I remember.
Sponsored