My 2022 BS Badlands doesn't have an engine cover?

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I literally thought they just forgot to put it on due to part shortages.
I believe they eventually did do it that way, and had the dealers order it after the fact after delivery. They just made it not standard, in the later models as none would ever come off the assembly line because of this one specific cover.

Personally, I will be ordering one as soon as I take delivery as well as a few other items such as the passenger side cover, and Hood Insulation. I've seen mixed answers on weather or not Hood insulation is standard still or not.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I believe they eventually did do it that way, and had the dealers order it after the fact after delivery. They just made it not standard, in the later models as none would ever come off the assembly line because of this one specific cover.

Personally, I will be ordering one as soon as I take delivery as well as a few other items such as the passenger side cover, and Hood Insulation. I've seen mixed answers on weather or not Hood insulation is standard still or not.
The hood insulation is standard on OB and BLā€™s.

The engine cover was officially stopped being added to the 2.0 as of February 8th, 2022. No official word on the passenger noise insulation panel from Ford. Some Dealers seem willing to order it for customers, but itā€™s only $40 online so I would guess a dealers cost is $30 and figure theyā€™ll do it or charge it to Ford. I certainly didnā€™t notice any significant noise improvement but havenā€™t run the fan full blast.

I know some have thought it is for protection of the fan motor or wiring but those have been exposed under the dash forever so I doubt thatā€™s the case.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yea, sorry new to the Forums. I should have known better. Been on forums for ages, should have checked the search engine. I literally thought they just forgot to put it on due to part shortages.
Not a worry. Welcome! I just had to take the chance to throw out a little humor, I certainly donā€™t mean to be the forum police. But yes the only parts shortage it seems Dealers/Ford is addressing is the passenger side interior panel. Other components have been removed permanently from production & people have had varying successes with getting their dealer to cover, perhaps depending on how forceful they are or how important it is to them.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a worry. Welcome! I just had to take the chance to throw out a little humor, I certainly donā€™t mean to be the forum police. But yes the only parts shortage it seems Dealers/Ford is addressing is the passenger side interior panel. Other components have been removed permanently from production & people have had varying successes with getting their dealer to cover, perhaps depending on how forceful they are or how important it is to them.
Do you have anything official from Ford stating the passenger insulation panel was left off because of a part shortage? Iā€™m still not aware of anyone getting them on the car even though the born on date for my panel was April 2022.

Reactions: MJE

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Do you have anything official from Ford stating the passenger insulation panel was left off because of a part shortage? Iā€™m still not aware of anyone getting them on the car even though the born on date for my panel was April 2022.
No I donā€™t actually. I thought people on here were getting that panel replaced. But I could be wrong.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I donā€™t actually. I thought people on here were getting that panel replaced. But I could be wrong.
No, you are not wrong. The dealers are supplying them. But I donā€™t know why Ford would still be leaving them off if they are readily available.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. I litterally missed it by a week lol.
Well, not really. I ordered mine in October but it wasnā€™t built until February 9th, and I didnā€™t get it soā€¦ā€¦. They just made it official in February. I guessing the same will be true of the insulated panel in the passenger side.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
No, you are not wrong. The dealers are supplying them. But I donā€™t know why Ford would still be leaving them off if they are readily available.
Thanks for confirming. Since I go to pick up today, this was one thing I asked my sales guy to check (& Iā€™m not sure he got the right part). I realize Iā€™m not getting an engine cover for free, donā€™t feel like brow beating him over folding headrests, and not interested in having them disassemble enough to replace the knobs with display readouts. But this seems to be one part that ā€˜shouldā€™ be there to me. If I learn anything more about the interior panel this afternoon Iā€™ll update.

Froggy

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport base
I live on a farm, so rats are a problem. What allot of people may be unaware, is the majority of the parts under the hood, are biological recycled parts. These parts are made with soy products integrated into them. Rats love soybeans, so without engine cover, you can be looking at a big bill, on fixing rat damage.

My bronco sport base, had the engine cover, I had no problems with rats chewing wire, now totalled. My badlands less than a week of ownership, rats chewed through wires, without engine cover. If you live where rats and mice are, it's a good preventive option to get cover.

I have done several searches on rat damage in the bronco sport and the mavericks. In doing the research, every single one that had damage, the rats chewed the exact part on top of motor. I don't exactly know the exact part number, since rats chewed through it, but every single damage I have seen from other people, the same part was damaged.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, my May 2022 build is also missing the passenger side panel.
Iā€™m not aware of any being delivered since March with it installed from the factory. It would be nice to know if that is or is not the case.

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
Did they forget something before I engage the dealer?
AS I said before I shall remove mine from my 2021 Badlands and tell everyone I own a 2022.

Ivan Nigro Yague

Badlands
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi. My Bronco 2022 arrived without the engine cover as wellā€¦ but whatā€™s the passenger panel? Do you have the part number or picture? Cheers

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Hi. My Bronco 2022 arrived without the engine cover as wellā€¦ but whatā€™s the passenger panel? Do you have the part number or picture? Cheers
Check passenger side under the dash where your feet would normally go. Should be a big panel missing exposing quite a bit of stuff.

Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 BS Badlands doesn't have an engine cover? DE1D7D32-E333-46AC-A51A-7160D533020E
Sponsored