The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Thank you for sharing! Glad to hear you are happy with your Bronco. :)
Actually, that would be "Glad to hear you are happy with your Bronco Sport. :)

I correct enough people without having to correct Ford. :)
Sponsored

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
I would consider an electric or hybrid big bronco. But thereā€™s no way Iā€™m paying the gas for one these days when a sport will suit my needs just fine.

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
I would order the full size bronco asap if available as electric or hybrid. We would keep the BS as well, we love it.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
A guy up here did it. He had 8,000 miles on his BS Big Bend. The Ford dealer gave him MSRP for his Sport and He paid MSRP for his Bronco 4dr rag top.
He said he did it solely for the rag top and removable doors.
He loves it and could care less about Mpgā€™s.
He got combined 24 mpgā€™s in his BS and now gets 21 overall but admitted he is still very easy on the throttle until he gets past the first oil change.
Heā€™s doing what I did, 1st oil change at 1,000 miles, 2nd at 5k and then 5,000 mile intervals.
I asked him what it felt like off road where he used to take his sport.
He said it was like comparing a renegade to a swamp buggy.
He said the big Bronco Is gonna make Jeep do a redesign.

Last edited:

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Jeep better do a redesign. I get really tired of telling people in rental Jeeps they need to use two hands to pull the shifter to 4H.
Wonder how many people get surprised by that. Like they actually have to do something more to engage it and itā€™s this lever next to their right leg.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Wonder how many people get surprised by that. Like they actually have to do something more to engage it and itā€™s this lever next to their right leg.
Two true stories from the past week.

First radio call... A 2022 Wrangler (rental) gets stuck coming up the back of the entrance ramp dune to our beach. I show up and he is buried to the frame. I asked if he is in 2WD and he insists he tried to get it in to 4WD and "thought" he had it. Well no, he did not. We couldn't get it to shift so I handed him a shovel and had him clear the sand from under the drive line. Then he could do the two-hand shift into 4WD and I coached him on how to drive it out. Moral... a Jeep Wrangler needs the shaft clear to be able to shift from 2 to 4WD.

Friday... I get a radio call that a 2022 Wrangler (rental) is stuck in the soft sand before the beach entrance ramp. My partner was closer and after arriving he radioed that a passerby had freed the Jeep and it was gone when he got there. Fast forward 45 minutes and I am relocating some beachgoers blocking a turnaround and along comes a 2022 Wrangler. I ask him to turn and park parallel to the water and then watch as he starts digging himself into the sand. I stopped him and said you're in 2WD and he said he couldn't get it to shift and was afraid he would "hurt the transmission if he forced it". I told him to use two hands and he got it shifted and drove away.

Hey, I've owned 5 Wranglers, but it is seriously time they caught up with the rest of the 4WD players.

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Lots of pros and cons for both the full size Bronco and the Bronco Sport. I tried hard to convince myself to move up from my BS BL to the full size after many test drives, but it ultimately came down to the fact that I need easy access to the rear cargo area for my golf clubs and pull cart and the BS won hands down.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Two true stories from the past week.

First radio call... A 2022 Wrangler (rental) gets stuck coming up the back of the entrance ramp dune to our beach. I show up and he is buried to the frame. I asked if he is in 2WD and he insists he tried to get it in to 4WD and "thought" he had it. Well no, he did not. We couldn't get it to shift so I handed him a shovel and had him clear the sand from under the drive line. Then he could do the two-hand shift into 4WD and I coached him on how to drive it out. Moral... a Jeep Wrangler needs the shaft clear to be able to shift from 2 to 4WD.

Friday... I get a radio call that a 2022 Wrangler (rental) is stuck in the soft sand before the beach entrance ramp. My partner was closer and after arriving he radioed that a passerby had freed the Jeep and it was gone when he got there. Fast forward 45 minutes and I am relocating some beachgoers blocking a turnaround and along comes a 2022 Wrangler. I ask him to turn and park parallel to the water and then watch as he starts digging himself into the sand. I stopped him and said you're in 2WD and he said he couldn't get it to shift and was afraid he would "hurt the transmission if he forced it". I told him to use two hands and he got it shifted and drove away.

Hey, I've owned 5 Wranglers, but it is seriously time they caught up with the rest of the 4WD players.
It is kind of wild. I used to drive a ā€˜99 Silverado 1500 and that had push bottom 4wd Hi and low, that was like what over 20yrs ago now

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
It is kind of wild. I used to drive a ā€˜99 Silverado 1500 and that had push bottom 4wd Hi and low, that was like what over 20yrs ago now
My 93 explorer had that, and I had a 98 Chevy with it as well. Still, the levers shouldnā€™t be that hard to figure out.

What Iā€™m more wondering is people I guess must really go driving on a beach when they have no idea how to use a 4WD vehicle? That to me is totally clueless. I mean AAA canā€™t help you out on a beach.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What Iā€™m more wondering is people I guess must really go driving on a beach when they have no idea how to use a 4WD vehicle? That to me is totally clueless. I mean AAA canā€™t help you out on a beach.
We are a destination for weddings and one of the ā€œthingsā€ wedding guests do (as well as other visitors) is rent a Jeep or Bronco to experience the beach and trails. It is a great experience. Instead of AAA they have rangers with trucks and winches.

With tires deflated, 4WD engaged, speed limit of 15 mph, and backwoods trails off limits, even those with no experience can handle the beach and have a good time in a rented Wrangler or Bronco. More so in a Bronco Sport of course :sunglasses:.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
We are a destination for weddings and one of the ā€œthingsā€ wedding guests do (as well as other visitors) is rent a Jeep or Bronco to experience the beach and trails. It is a great experience. Instead of AAA they have rangers with trucks and winches.

With tires deflated, 4WD engaged, speed limit of 15 mph, and backwoods trails off limits, even those with no experience can handle the beach and have a good time in a rented Wrangler or Bronco. More so in a Bronco Sport of course :sunglasses:.
Good to know! Iā€™ve always avoided it the couple of times Iā€™ve had any opportunity to get near a beach where itā€™s allowed because I donā€™t have any experience & didnā€™t know you could rely on help. Easier to just leave a vehicle on the pavement. Maybe I need to try it in the Sport now! I assumed people that donā€™t know what theyā€™re doing would avoid getting into a situation over their heads, but itā€™s awesome that yall are there to help out so everyone can enjoy it

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to know! Iā€™ve always avoided it the couple of times Iā€™ve had any opportunity to get near a beach where itā€™s allowed because I donā€™t have any experience & didnā€™t know you could rely on help. Easier to just leave a vehicle on the pavement. Maybe I need to try it in the Sport now! I assumed people that donā€™t know what theyā€™re doing would avoid getting into a situation over their heads, but itā€™s awesome that yall are there to help out so everyone can enjoy it
Getting back on topicā€¦ If my BS BL wasnā€™t great in deep sand it would have caused me to trade for the Bronco.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
Gas is $6.50 a gallon so the idea of better mpg is a deciding factor. The big Bronco is nice so is the Bronco Sport. Itā€™s like comparing the Ranger to a full size F150. Although the difference in size between the broncos is as great? I would say that you donā€™t mind paying the extra $$ for the vehicle and gas $$ then get the full size Bronco. I would say at a minimum you would need to use the vehicle off road at least 10% of the time. Too many wannabe off roasters in Los Angeles where the Jeep wrangler vehicle is decked out and the off road consists of speed bumps at the REI or Whole Foods parking lot. Mall crawlers. The tipping point is 80/20% off-road where it makes dubious sense to purchase the Bronco. If money is no factor get both!!

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Gas is $6.50 a gallon so the idea of better mpg is a deciding factor. The big Bronco is nice so is the Bronco Sport. Itā€™s like comparing the Ranger to a full size F150. Although the difference in size between the broncos is as great? I would say that you donā€™t mind paying the extra $$ for the vehicle and gas $$ then get the full size Bronco. I would say at a minimum you would need to use the vehicle off road at least 10% of the time. Too many wannabe off roasters in Los Angeles where the Jeep wrangler vehicle is decked out and the off road consists of speed bumps at the REI or Whole Foods parking lot. Mall crawlers. The tipping point is 80/20% off-road where it makes dubious sense to purchase the Bronco. If money is no factor get both!!
I might argue a bit with your analogy. The Ranger and F150 are both trucks built on a truck chassis, the Bronco is built on the Ranger platform and is a truck, the BS is built on the Escape platform and is a SUV. It kind of is apples and oranges. But I would agree buy whichever fits your needs and wallet.
Sponsored