Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The jcr skid plates had to be cut both in the front and back to fit. It was not because of the go rhino rock slider. Not sure what it is but these skid plates do not fit without modification on the badlands. Curious if any one else has tried on the badlands. Here are some pics
Ford Bronco Sport Modifications 02F40906-CC51-4C72-A314-73AE78AA6E3B
Ford Bronco Sport Modifications BC7DCE35-5D75-4770-BC07-F83F5C21A6AA
Ford Bronco Sport Modifications 1725F985-B943-4E26-877A-F3D26892606D
Sponsored

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Well that kind of sucks. I wonder if JCR would make that modification for Badlands owners. First the cutting of the steel, then having to put a thin layer of paint instead of the powder coationg. Which yes will be scratched off by rocks eventually.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
I think bottom line that I see is that a lot of people on here want to do mods. Lifts tires and what ever. But not many want to cross that line of REAL modifications. I watched a Rav4 do Top of the world. How? they were willing to um I dont know drill a hole or two. If your putting on skid plates and rock sliders and bigger tires and and and. It seems like an awful lot of work to just do a forest road. These thoughts are what is making me think the BSBL is the wrong vehicle for the long term growth in my off roading. But then I think I may just have to trim this or drill that. It makes me think about an F350 I saw that the bottom of the door was 5 feet off the ground had like 20 or 22 inch wheels with street tires. Oh and the cleanest frame I ever saw. Thats a lot of money to look cool (like a dumb ass) IMHO. I know these are not rock crawlers But it seems like that lower front section could definatly be trimmed down in front of the tires for a lot of the trail rides I see on the videos. And yes my extensive off roading experiance and knowledge comes from youtube, and Holiday Inn Express. I write this because as I sit here I am wondering about doing just that, trim this or drill that. All My life I always worried about resale of the vehicle and hesitated on doing certain things that made ME happy. So when my BSBL arrives wish me luck in whatever I decide to do and for it to come out both functional and looking good.
I love the sentiment, but I'd never use an SUV that I drive to an off-roading area as the same vehicle that I then take off-roading. There are vehicles to get you there and home, and then there are vehicles to use while there. In my experience, the best ones to use while there are often not street legal.

UTVs are far more fun on trails than an SUV, and far more capable. I had a 4 seater tomcar some years ago (www.tomcar.com). Unbelievable clearance and wheel travel. It amazed me every time I took it out.

I modify my (son's) Bronco Sport for fun, aesthetics, and the driving experience I'm (he's) looking for. I would buy another tomcar in a heartbeat if it was about serious offroading.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I love the sentiment, but I'd never use an SUV that I drive to an off-roading area as the same vehicle that I then take off-roading. There are vehicles to get you there and home, and then there are vehicles to use while there. In my experience, the best ones to use while there are often not street legal.

UTVs are far more fun on trails than an SUV, and far more capable. I had a 4 seater tomcar some years ago (www.tomcar.com). Unbelievable clearance and wheel travel. It amazed me every time I took it out.

I modify my (son's) Bronco Sport for fun, aesthetics, and the driving experience I'm (he's) looking for. I would buy another tomcar in a heartbeat if it was about serious offroading.
You have a point. However not everyone can afford a forty thousand dollar toy. Must be nice.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
You have a point. However not everyone can afford a forty thousand dollar toy. Must be nice.
It was less than half that price when I bought mine new 14 years ago. I was just now shocked to see that pricing.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
It sucks that toys are so expensive. Men and boys lol.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Speaking of Pimp My Ride...

Ford Bronco Sport Modifications received_856791415553531
OOOOF!

It's missing a trailer hitch cover.

Perhaps this is a rolling advertisement from a vender that shows what they sell?

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
So....does anyone know the platform and side storage system they are using? :)
The Yucca platform has a side mount system. That's probably what he's rocking.

EDIT: I'm wrong. Yucca's side mount is way up high. Not over the windows.

DOUBLE EDIT: It IS the Yucca platform. They sell a seperate "Zombie Guard" that goes over the windows.

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
The full size spare tire holder....anyone have this? Wondering how it works on a lift gate and the shocks that hold it up? I can see you'd loose the glass only lift as well.
Sponsored