Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I think bottom line that I see is that a lot of people on here want to do mods. Lifts tires and what ever. But not many want to cross that line of REAL modifications. I watched a Rav4 do Top of the world. How? they were willing to um I dont know drill a hole or two. If your putting on skid plates and rock sliders and bigger tires and and and. It seems like an awful lot of work to just do a forest road. These thoughts are what is making me think the BSBL is the wrong vehicle for the long term growth in my off roading. But then I think I may just have to trim this or drill that. It makes me think about an F350 I saw that the bottom of the door was 5 feet off the ground had like 20 or 22 inch wheels with street tires. Oh and the cleanest frame I ever saw. Thats a lot of money to look cool (like a dumb ass) IMHO. I know these are not rock crawlers But it seems like that lower front section could definatly be trimmed down in front of the tires for a lot of the trail rides I see on the videos. And yes my extensive off roading experiance and knowledge comes from youtube, and Holiday Inn Express. I write this because as I sit here I am wondering about doing just that, trim this or drill that. All My life I always worried about resale of the vehicle and hesitated on doing certain things that made ME happy. So when my BSBL arrives wish me luck in whatever I decide to do and for it to come out both functional and looking good.
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Let the metal shavings and chips fall where they may.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If you don't mind voiding/compromising your warranty by all means mod mod mod away. I always wait until warranty expires before I mod a vehicle. But I don't see any problem with others wanting to mod mod mod make it the way they want it. I say go for it get out the credit card and get those parts coming....

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
That video was very enlightening. Funny too. Learned a few things. Confirmed a few things. FYI for context. This post is from me back tracking from wondering If A different vehicle is what I am after. I have been looking at used 6G Broncos. For the reasons mentioned in the video.
I am in a posistion that I am not used to being in. Buying a car not out of desperation, but because I can under better circumstances. Oh and way to much time to think about this BSBL.. Patience is not my virtue. As I type I am waiting for a truck to pick up my Bronco Sport from a rail yard only 45 minutes away. Been there since the 18th.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
How are you going to be named Tigger but use Pooh as your avatar?
Tigger is my name. Iā€™ve been called that for over 50 years. My older sister said I was always happy and bouncy like Tigger.
As for my avatar, my vehicle is named Winnie that is yellow and still in need of its red accessories, so Iā€™m using that pic until done.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
All My life I always worried about resale of the vehicle and hesitated on doing certain things that made ME happy. So when my BSBL arrives wish me luck in whatever I decide to do and for it to come out both functional and looking good.
I think I like the idea of off-roading more than the actual pursuit. I'm too precious about my wheels and paint. I don't want dents of scratches. I do want something that won't get stuck in mud or snow on a dirt road, though. So the Bronco Sport is good for me. And it's a big change from my last ride where I could curb a wheel just by looking at a curb. But as said above, you should do what makes YOU happy.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Tigger is my name. Iā€™ve been called that for over 50 years. My older sister said I was always happy and bouncy like Tigger.
As for my avatar, my vehicle is named Winnie that is yellow and still in need of its red accessories, so Iā€™m using that pic until done.
I had a good buddy named Tigger too because he was a TIG welder. And a damn good one at that. Nothing wrong with the name Tigger!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
That video was very enlightening. Funny too. Learned a few things. Confirmed a few things. FYI for context. This post is from me back tracking from wondering If A different vehicle is what I am after. I have been looking at used 6G Broncos. For the reasons mentioned in the video.
I am in a posistion that I am not used to being in. Buying a car not out of desperation, but because I can under better circumstances. Oh and way to much time to think about this BSBL.. Patience is not my virtue. As I type I am waiting for a truck to pick up my Bronco Sport from a rail yard only 45 minutes away. Been there since the 18th.
Itā€™s a tough choice. I originally reserved and ordered a 2 door full-size for the same reasons and still have one on order after 2 years. I bought the sport when my dealer offered me a deal I could not refuse given he knew it might be a few years before the full-size would show up. I will definitely keep the Sport as I think it will make a better daily driver and we will use the 2 door more like intended.

As Iā€™ve stated many times on this forum, the Sport is a great little vehicle but there are many places I wouldnā€™t take it compared to the full-size. Itā€™s hard to beat the ground clearance difference and the nearly 100:1 gear ratio when it comes to serious off roading. But, that being said. I will Not be getting rid of the Sport anytime soon. Itā€™s an absolute beast in the snow and wet.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
I think it depends on your goals. If your goal is offroading for its own sake, there are better vehicles to choose. If you just want to get to more remote places to camp or engage in outdoor pursuits, I think itā€™s a great choice. I can get most place a stock 4x4 can, and itā€™s more enjoyable to drive than a truck or jeep.

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I think we just need to petition to have ā€œPimp My Rideā€ return to TV.

In all fairness, I understand the difference between ā€œaccessorizingā€ vs ā€œmodifyingā€. Iā€™ve ā€œaccessorizedā€ with a lift, bigger tires, nudge bar, grill and 7ā€ Flood Lights. I even got myself a 3d printer to design a bezel frame for my AUX light switch.
But my ā€œmodificationā€ dream is to find a way to cut the hard top off and install a soft top. As a previous wrangler owner, I do miss me some driving with top down and no doors.
After removing interior liners to run wires for AUX lighting a such, I think it can be doneā€¦

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I think we just need to petition to have ā€œPimp My Rideā€ return to TV.
Speaking of Pimp My Ride...

Ford Bronco Sport Modifications received_856791415553531
Sponsored