First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I bought my 2022 ford bronco sport and I accidently poped the hood up to discover that the engine cover is not there and no hood insulation ! I went to the dealership and the answer was that they don't have any parts to replace them and, if they get some in their stock they will call me which I doubt it !
So don't call them they will call you? Hmmmm.......
Sponsored

Blynne

Badlands
First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Mustang GT, 21 Escape, 22 BS Badlands
?
Ford Bronco Sport Missing Engine Cover 169DA41F-AEF1-407A-B13C-71C64B33FFD1

slowpoke17

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '19 Ranger,'09 MB, '77 & 03 Corvette,
I wonder where all those missing engine covers are hiding!!!
Maybe they're confusing them with catalytic converters? I went out and checked, I know it didn't come with the engine cover, never thought to check for the hood insulation which it doesn't have either.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I honestly cannot remember the number of cars I drove growing up that had neither and they lasted forever, hood paint and all. Personally I like hearing the hard to hear sounds of my engine. Let's me know when something small is off.

Engine covers are almost an excuse not to maintain an engine cause no one know what is even under their cover!! LMAO. I once said PCV to someone and they are like…is that the plastic in the engine? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Ford Bronco Sport Missing Engine Cover 0D004AAA-6156-4476-8FB9-5469165D0807
Ya know , that Air Cleaner could qualify for an Engine Cover .:sunglasses:

santljvr

Outer Banks
First Name
santosh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
It is a supply issue. The plastic parts are not made in this country or Mexico and have to be imported in. Currently there is a bottleneck at the ports with container ships not being able to get unloaded. In addition to that there is a problem getting ANY plastic or rubber part made due to the scarcity of the products needed to make them - the primary one being petroleum. The Bronco Sport shares the same engine cover with the Escape, Maverick, Corsair and probably a few other models. So Ford probably decided to just drop the engine cover off instead of shutting down production lines or the numbers of vehicles produced. Keep in mind also, that the engines also are not made in the US or Mexico.
Hello if it is a supply issue then why some of the dealers able to order it and install within 2 days. I got my new bronco sports and my dealer told me he will charge 425$ for the cover with installation. I guess engine covers are not important but many broncos have already received the covers. So if supply chain is the issue can we say some customers will get there broncos with engine and some without.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Hello if it is a supply issue then why some of the dealers able to order it and install within 2 days. I got my new bronco sports and my dealer told me he will charge 425$ for the cover with installation. I guess engine covers are not important but many broncos have already received the covers. So if supply chain is the issue can we say some customers will get there broncos with engine and some without.
Ford stopped putting the engine covers on the 1.5L engines in May of 2021 and stopped putting them on the 2.0L engines at the end of the 2021MY, so no Bronco Sports, Mavericks, Escapes, or Corsairs will be delivered with an engine cover. It doesn't mean that you can't buy it and put it on yourself, it just means that Ford is not putting them on at the factory anymore, just like many of the other items that they aren't putting on them anymore that the did in the beginning (you can read all about those in these forums also).

Your dealer is ripping you off. The cover and the required attachment bolts can be purchased for less than $75 and installed by yourself in less than 20 minutes.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Ford stopped putting the engine covers on the 1.5L engines in May of 2021 and stopped putting them on the 2.0L engines at the end of the 2021MY, so no Bronco Sports, Mavericks, Escapes, or Corsairs will be delivered with an engine cover. It doesn't mean that you can't buy it and put it on yourself, it just means that Ford is not putting them on at the factory anymore, just like many of the other items that they aren't putting on them anymore that the did in the beginning (you can read all about those in these forums also).

Your dealer is ripping you off. The cover and the required attachment bolts can be purchased for less than $75 and installed by yourself in less than 20 minutes.
Actually cover and 3 studs is 130.. 75 for cover. 15 per stud .. took 5 min to put on

santljvr

Outer Banks
First Name
santosh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Actually cover and 3 studs is 130.. 75 for cover. 15 per stud .. took 5 min to put on
ok great and good to know. I searched on the parts.ford.com with K2GZ6A949A part number and it was only 93.33 USD and got free shipping from a nearby dealer. Thanks all